“Good stay but wheres my coffee?”

The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge
Ranked #7 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
South Portland, Maine
“Good stay but wheres my coffee?”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I recently stayed here on a business trip to the Charlotte area. I travel to Charlotte often and this was my second stay at the Ballantyne Hotel. Let me first start out by saying it is a nice property with a golf course and located within the Ballantyne Office Park.

The room was spacious with very high ceilings. The bathroom as well was large and air conditioning was good. There was a refrigerator stocked with beverages and snacks, not free, but available.

My only 2 gripes were these. No complimentary coffee either in the room or in the lobby. I was charged each morning. Secondly, Internet access was $ 9.95 a day. This hotel is part of the Starwood program but that got me nothing. As a business traveler I would have been better off staying at a chain for half the cost and twice the amenities.

Nice place to stay but I think they need to look at what is considered normal in a hotel room, especially at the rate they charge.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
CharlotteTravel, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear PackerBacker7,

Thank you for staying with us again at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel, accommodations and bathroom and value your feedback regarding our coffee service and internet policy. We take all feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with hotel management. Based on guest feedback, we are in the process of unveiling in-room coffee makers. In addition, we offer complimentary internet access in our lobby. At The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge, we strive to provide great service and elegant accommodations. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider returning to the hotel.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were looking for a hotel in Charlotte for a short stay and chose the Ballantyne based upon other reviews. One thing I did not realize was that Ballantyne is actually a live-work-play community. So there are many restaurants, a movie theatre, and offices within walking distance. I think that is important to note, because based upon pictures I was expecting a secluded, nature setting and it really is more vibrant and suburban.
I have to say the hotel has some of the best staff I've ever encountered. Everyone was very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. We arrived very early but the hotel front desk had a room for us so we were able to relax before heading down to the pool. The pool was the highlight for our family, is was very pretty overlooking the golf course and the bar/restaurant service was great. It rained part of the day but we were able to use the indoor pool which was equally tranquil.
We were in a two double bed room which was spacious but the beds were way too small for my husband, myself and two kids to share. Rollaways were not permitted so we managed to make the best of it, but I would stay in a larger room next time. A bonus was the well appointed bathroom with a large shower and separate jacuzzi tub.
In the morning, there are pastries and coffee in the lobby. The gentleman working there was so nice and helped pack everything up for me to take to the room. It was a bit on the pricy side though. All in all, we really enjoyed our short time at the Ballantyne.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
CharlotteTravel, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear I_L0ve_Travel_Too,
Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking the time to share your feedback. We were pleased that you chose the hotel based on guests’ review, and we appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, pool and bathroom design. At The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge, we are dedicated to providing exceptional services to our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

New Lenox Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at the Ballantyne for 3 nights last week. I went alone to give myself a relaxing getaway at the spa. Every single person I came in contact with during my stay were so friendly and professional, If I asked a question, someone took me over and showed me what I needed. The room was so beautiful and spacious. Loved having the view of the golf course. I would most definitely return in the future. Class and elegance combined with a warm, friendly and professional staff. What more can you ask for!!!

Room Tip: It's worth getting a room with the balcony. So nice and peaceful looking over the golf course!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear Retiredtraveler07,
Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for sharing your positive feedback. We really value your comments regarding our helpful staff, accommodations and ambience. Our goal at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge is to provide every guest with an exceptional and memorable experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We held our wedding reception here and the staff was excellent to work with- they made the planning process much easier and really worked with you to accommodate your needs. Our catering manager consistently demonstrated professionalism, clear communication skills, and careful attention to detail. We were extremely pleased with how smoothly our event went. If any issues or questions arised, Ballantyne staff were quick and efficient to address the problem at hand. Our out of town guests stayed at the Ballantyne and were extremely pleased with their stay as well. We also used Ballantyne's in-house audiovisual company, Scott Brown Media for videography and as our DJ and our experience with them was positive as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
CharlotteTravel, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear LoganAR,

Thank you for celebrating your wedding at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking time to share your positive feedback. We were delighted to read that you found the planning process to be easy and that you were pleased all aspects of your reception. At The Ballantyne, we are dedicated to providing an effortless and enjoyable wedding planning process – from the beginning planning stages to the big event and guest hospitality. We’re so happy that your guests had a great time staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently for 3 nights around the 4th of July. This hotel sets the bar for guest service. Every individual we encountered, from any department of the hotel, was professional and on point regarding guest interaction. It was pleasantly noticeable throughout our stay. Concierge, front desk, bellman, housekeeping, restaurant staff, etc...
Would love to stay here again. Beautifully appointed and classy retreat.

Room Tip: Try to get a golf course view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear foodwinesports,

Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for sharing your feedback. We are so appreciative of your kind comments regarding our service, staff and décor. Our team is dedicated to providing warm, helpful service, and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Had a fantastic 1-night stay at this beautiful resort. This lush hotel wasn't crowded when we were there, and it made the stay very relaxing. Feels almost like a resort. No waits. No hassles. Rooms are top. Service is very good. Excellent bar keeper in the lobby. A little walk to the breakfast restaurant, but it's worth it! Enjoyed the biggest breakfast of the year. Try their amazing almond butter croissant. This hotel was one of the finest I have ever been to. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soe75
, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear soe75,

Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking the time to share your experience. We really appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel, relaxed setting, service, accommodations and cuisine. Our team works hard to provide an effortless and memorable escape for our guests. We were excited to read that you had the chance to try our almond croissant – it has quickly become a guest favorite. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Excellent grounds and all of the employees go out of their way to assist you. They really make the effort to offer excellent service whether dining inside or having poolside snacks and drinks. I booked a dinner reservation and received a call from the restaurant informing me of the dining room's hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nice touch!

Room Tip: We really liked the second floor. The second floor has very comfortable sitting areas.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JPritchett
Dear JPritchett,

Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for sharing your experience. We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and value your positive comments regarding our service and staff. At The Ballantyne, we are committed to providing exceptional service and a memorable stay experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.