The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsgallery restaurantgolf course viewbeautiful hotelseparate showersoaking tuboutdoor pooldaughter's weddingroom servicelobby barbusiness meetingthe entire staffsouthern hospitalityparking lotspalodgeconciergeslippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel shortly before Christmas and were treated to a fantastic experience from the second we stepped on property. The concierge Alan was engaging and made sure to deliver again and again. From explaining all of the various services to setting us up with more than one of them, he truly delivered the top-notch service the hotel is known for.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Jeff L,
Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne and for sharing your feedback. We are pleased you had an enjoyable visit and appreciate your positive comments regarding our helpful concierge, Alan. Our entire team is dedicated to providing our guests with wonderful stay experiences. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Peter Grills

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stuck in Charlotte for the snowstorm and there was never a doubt where I would go to...have stayed here before for professional golf tournaments and it never fails to impress me. This is not merely a hotel but an event! It is all good....no, it is all fantastic! Even when there is no golf and no outdoor patios! This hotel needs no help from me but I am writing this now because we were stuck...really stuck...and they let us stay late without penalty as they knew of our predicament due to the snow storm...unheard of and completely unexpected. Beautifully appointed rooms and restaurants and common areas as well as the gym, spa, indoor pool etc...nothing around there comes close....do treat yourself! Bravo

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank amc10
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear amc10,
Thank you for staying with us at The Ballantyne and for sharing your feedback. We really appreciate your kind words regarding our guest rooms, common areas, restaurant and spa facilities and are happy that we were able to accommodate you during inclement weather challenges. At The Ballantyne, we are committed to providing our guests with exceptional stay experiences. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed here for a seminar that I was attending. Sad to say that I only had 2 days there. I would have loved to have stayed for at least a week. We felt very pampered. The hotel felt like a castle. My mother and I had the entire pool/hot tub area to ourselves one evening and it was awesome! The meal that had at their restaurant was melt in your mouth delightful. The wait staff were pleasant and attentive. I really have nothing bad to say about The Battanytne.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gypsytrvlr99
Management response:Responded 17 December 2013

Dear gypsytrvlr99,
Thank you for staying with us at The Ballantyne and for sharing your experience. We were pleased to read that you felt pampered and that you and your mother were able to enjoy some of our amenities. Thank you for your compliments regarding your dining experience at Gallery Restaurant. Our entire staff is dedicated to providing our guests with memorable stay experiences. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back (hopefully for a week next time!).

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Working to put a business meeting together, I had a great experience with Ballantyne's Meeting & Events manager, Alli. I had never been to the hotel but heard great things from others so I relied on Alli to make decisions on the room and with food choices, etc. She was informative and helpful in making decisions... Overall, our meeting was in a beautiful setting (the hotel and meeting rooms are lovely) and the food and service superb!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Lorrie R,
Thank you for choosing to partner with The Ballantyne on your business meeting and for taking the time to share your positive comments. We are delighted that you had a great experience working with Alli and appreciate your kind feedback regarding our facilities, food and service. At The Ballantyne, we are committed to providing our meeting guests with comfortable accommodations, a productive and pleasant meeting setting and exceptional service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband & I had not been to Charlotte before, but decided to make it our second of three stops during a two-week getaway. I chose the Ballantyne because my husband is a golfer, and even tho he didn't golf this trip, I knew he'd return if he liked what he saw. Wow! I was right! This is a fabulous hotel -- not just the golf course, which is beautiful in and of itself -- but from the moment you walk thru the grand doors, you'll fall in love! I loved the instant warmth of the Christmas decor & soft music playing -- a talented gentleman was playing a harp nearby which just added to the Christmas Spirit! Our room was fabulous -- this Sheraton does it up right! The towels weren't those "cheap hotel towels" you usually get at hotels, but thick & fluffy and plentiful. Our room was spotless -- the staff was wonderful. We had a "hot water issue" when we arrived and as soon as we reported it, we had Mr. Fix-It at our door! My husband definitely will be planning a golf getaway when the weather warms up & I'll be tagging along for sure! Oh, and I forgot to mention that this Sheraton gave a "Triple A Hot Deal Holiday" so that was just the icing on the cake (only $165.00 a night....can't beat it for this fabulous hotel!)

Room Tip: Get a balcony to enjoy fabulous views!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linnie D
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Linnie D,

Thank you for choosing to visit Charlotte and stay with us at The Ballantyne. We appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel, including the golf course, accommodations and overall ambience. Our hotel is part of Starwood; however, we are a member of The Luxury Collection, another brand within the company. At The Ballantyne, our staff words diligently to provide our guests with warm hospitality. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.