The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte
US$174
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
US$113
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$102
US$167
US$139
US$137
HolidayInn.com
US$160
All reviewsgallery restaurantgolf course viewbeautiful hotelseparate showersoaking tuboutdoor pooldaughter's weddingroom servicelobby barbusiness meetingthe entire staffsouthern hospitalityparking lotspalodgeconciergeslippers
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I wrote this letter to the Assistant General Manager. She wrote me to ask how my stay was going and here was my response...

Despite the rain my friend and I are having a great stay. I really wanna say perfect but I don't want to jinx it.

The room is nice and I'm loving the bathroom. I feel like I need to make a grand entrance every time I open those doors.

Also THANK YOU for that bday surprise it was awesome. My goal was to make this birthday low key but special. You guys have helped me achieve that so I thank you very much.

I'm looking forward to the brunch tomorrow! I plan to take a photo with Mr. and Mrs. Bunny and promise not to run over the kids trying to do it. Lol!!

Again thanks so much for reaching out to me. I definitely will be back in near future.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Dina

All in all....
The staff was friendly and attentive!
The food and drinks were good. The female bartender from Long Island made the best Tito Martini I've ever had!
The room was spacious.
The bathroom was great..love the shower settings.
I had a room facing the golf course. I enjoyed watching folks attempt to play. Message to golfers:READ THE GREENS before making the putt. I saw one guy fling his ball into the water after missing the putt. Classic!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Ballantyne H, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Dina,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor, and we’re delighted you had a great stay. We truly value your wonderful feedback regarding our staff, food and beverages and accommodations. We know the golfers will appreciate your golf course tip. Thank you for spending your birthday with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here while attending a conference. The conference facilities were good but not great. The room our meeting was held in was wider than deep, which made for an odd experience. It took two screens for everyone in the room to see the presentation. Breakfast and lunch provided by the hotel for the conference attendees were both excellent.

My room was small but clean and comfortable. The bed as also comfortable. The bathroom had both a shower and separate tub, and the plumbing worked perfectly.

My floor was not noisy, which was fortunate because the door to the room let through a lot of light, meaning any sound in the hall was like it was in your room.

Check in and out were both fast and friendly.

Best thing for me was the hotel is within walking distance of a food mart and lots of places to eat - e.g. Starbucks, Einstein Bagel, Five Guys, Subway, and an amazing place called Terrace Cafe. Since I did not rent a car, this was a huge plus for me.

Not a great property, but a very good one for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RenoBret
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear RenoBret,

Thank you for staying with us during your conference. We value your comments regarding our facilities, food, accommodations, arrival/departure experience and location. Our goal is to create wonderful stay experiences for our guests, and we appreciate all of the feedback we can get. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

First Class Hotel. Amazing Service. Reasonably priced for the experience. The restaurant staff went over the top to serve us and make a wine selection. The golf course was also well worth it. Scenic and strategic layout but not overly difficult. There is also an on site golf schools.

I would recommend it to both golfers and non-golfers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rowan F
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Rowan F,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and found it to be a value for your experience. We appreciate your comments, and hope you played well on our course! Thank you for recommending The Ballantyne, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a party at the Ballantyne hotel and many out of town guests stayed for the weekend. Not only was the service impeccable but everyone raved about the food. We highly recommend this hotel as well as the catering facilities. All in all it was party perfection!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Stacey S,
Thank you for hosting your event at The Ballantyne and sharing your comments. We are so pleased that your guests enjoyed their experiences at the hotel. We are committed to providing great service, delicious food and versatile facilities to ensure a memorable event. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to partner with you again on a future event.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

First class hotel. Great staff. Very friendly . My family stayed for a weekend to attend an affair. Everything was top shelf. Food & accommodations were all super. Played golf on premises. Tough course but fair. Enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face golf course. Even numbered rooms face parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Jerry G,
Thank you for visiting us at The Ballantyne. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted you and your family had a great stay. Our entire staff is committed to providing our guests with warm and gracious hospitality, and we are happy you experienced that firsthand. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.