My fiance and I stayed here for my birthday from June 5th- 9th. What a great hotel. The staff was excellect. From the time we drove up until it was time to leave the staff was great.
The only I don't want to call it a complaint but maybe a misunderstanding is with the restaurant. While everyone was friendly and warm the first time we ate there the waiter didn't add 29% on the bill for his tip (we are star rewards members). We gladly gave him his 20% without question when we paid. The second time we ate there my fiance ordered eggs over easy, they came back over hard, the waitress in my opinion should have caught this and made the cook redo before she brought them to the table. The restaurant was not crowded so it's not as though she was over run with customers. Then she added 20% without saying anything. When we asked about the charge she said well we are supposed to add that to anyone who uses the star rewards. Granted we have no problem tipping, but if we hadn't read the check carefully I would have double tipped. The card states we are to tip on the entire check not the discounted rate there was nothing I read that said the tip would be added by the server.
Everything else was great. The pool, room service housekeeping. I really enjoyed my time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel by Marriott, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. Explore the spa, seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, tennis, golf, fitness, exquisite dining, 24 hour room service, afternoon tea and leisure offerings. The Ballantyne features beautiful hotel rooms, a lovely cottage and The Lodge at Ballantyne, a 35 room group retreat. Meeting and event planners are invited to view meeting and event facilities with spacious and picturesque outdoor venues, on-site group activities and creative culinary offerings. The Ballantyne is located within nine miles of SouthPark and Carowinds and within 18 miles of Uptown Charlotte and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. In addition to its great accessibility to Charlotte’s impressive recreational and entertainment offerings, the hotel is set amidst shopping, dining, retail and the thriving Ballantyne community. Guests enjoy a complimentary shuttle within one mile and access to many dining and conveniences within walking distance and even more within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Ballantyne, Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantine Resort Charlotte