My wife and I stayed over the Labor Day weekend with our niece and nephew along with another couple - overall we enjoyed the property and all the amenities it has to offer. The onsite restaurant is a great place for breakfast and dinner - the food is fantastic. The golf course is well manicured and setup for resort play - my friend and I played Monday morning - it was relatively busy - we were able to finish our round under the 4.5 hour pace of play guideline - their greens are super fast and roll true.
We used the in-house transportation shuttle to go to dinner one night and on the return trip back to the hotel our driver even stopped by the local CVS for us so my niece could get some much needed chap-stick.
We spent quite a bit of time at the outside pool area - very well setup and clean. We did encounter the only rough patches in service here. The waitstaff was very inattentive and rude - my wife sat at the bar area waiting for service while 3 of the waitstaff worked around her, served other guests, and even made eye contact with her without acknowledging her and at least saying "I'll be right with you". We waited over 1 hour for a lunch and drink order to be delivered - and we were not the only guests receiving this treatment from talking to other people there. I would like to say that one of the waitstaff at the pool tried to make-up for the rest of the group by going out of his way to serve - Stas - he is a very polite, respectful, engaged person - a true asset to the property.
To me it's about expectations and being a Starwoods Luxury Collection hotel sets the expectation of receiving great service during my stay. If you are going to have pool service it should be prompt - courteous service - no more - no less - don't set the expectation of it and then don't deliver.
We will be back to the hotel again however based on all the strong points of the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel by Marriott, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. Explore the spa, seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, tennis, golf, fitness, exquisite dining, 24 hour room service, afternoon tea and leisure offerings. The Ballantyne features beautiful hotel rooms, a lovely cottage and The Lodge at Ballantyne, a 35 room group retreat. Meeting and event planners are invited to view meeting and event facilities with spacious and picturesque outdoor venues, on-site group activities and creative culinary offerings. The Ballantyne is located within nine miles of SouthPark and Carowinds and within 18 miles of Uptown Charlotte and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. In addition to its great accessibility to Charlotte’s impressive recreational and entertainment offerings, the hotel is set amidst shopping, dining, retail and the thriving Ballantyne community. Guests enjoy a complimentary shuttle within one mile and access to many dining and conveniences within walking distance and even more within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Ballantyne, Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantine Resort Charlotte