This is my second stay at the Ballantyne Resort. On our first stay a few years ago, we booked the Presidential Suite and were treated very well. However, on this last stay we booked a king room with a balcony view of the golf course. The bed is very comfortable (a plus) but there is no complimentary coffee service in the hotel. The only way to get coffee in your room is to order via in-room dining (way overpriced even though it is Illy brand coffee allegedly). I think this is cheesy. If you consider yourself high end, then you must provide coffee and tea service as a compliment to the guest. I would rather pay a few dollars more on my nightly rate in order to guarantee this service.
Another negative is the fitness center. It appears that many locals use these facilities along with personal training staff, etc. This is fine but it limits the availability of elliptical machines and treadmills for guests. We were not able to get a workout unless we chose "odd times" to exercise. The Ballantyne area is nice but it is a bit of a drive away from Uptown, so if the Uptown location is important and you can afford it, try the Ritz-Carlton.
We have stayed at many five star properties (Four Seasons, Ritz, etc) and this hotel is nowhere close. I know it is considered a 4-star property and this may be due to the Spa and Golf facilities which are nice. But as a hotel alone, I would give it 3-stars at best. The staff is friendly but they are missing that "it-factor" that really takes you to the next level. One really positive experience we had was breakfast at the Gallery Restaurant. The chicken-apricot sausage is excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel by Marriott, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. Explore the spa, seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, tennis, golf, fitness, exquisite dining, 24 hour room service, afternoon tea and leisure offerings. The Ballantyne features beautiful hotel rooms, a lovely cottage and The Lodge at Ballantyne, a 35 room group retreat. Meeting and event planners are invited to view meeting and event facilities with spacious and picturesque outdoor venues, on-site group activities and creative culinary offerings. The Ballantyne is located within nine miles of SouthPark and Carowinds and within 18 miles of Uptown Charlotte and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. In addition to its great accessibility to Charlotte’s impressive recreational and entertainment offerings, the hotel is set amidst shopping, dining, retail and the thriving Ballantyne community. Guests enjoy a complimentary shuttle within one mile and access to many dining and conveniences within walking distance and even more within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Ballantyne, Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantine Resort Charlotte