“Not premium”

Ranked #49 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Houston, Texas
“Not premium”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This is not a premium property. I am not familiar with other hotels in downtown Charlotte, but I have to believe there are better options at this price range. The property is fairly old, and while relatively well maintained, it is fairly basic by the standards of its peers. Rooms are not large, decor is bland, and bathroom is what you would expect at much less expensive properties.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear Wedgewood,
We value all comments from our guest and we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I regret that you didn’t find your stay enjoyable. Thanks again for your candid review.

Best regards,
Sherry McWherter, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
CT
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Came from CLT for a one night stay, business in the morning then back to airport. If I had to do it again I would take a cab as this hotel is only 5 miles from the airport, parking is $12 and lots of one way streets to confuse someone new to the city.

The hotel was very modern and clean. Check-in was easy. There were some restaurants around that were open late for dinner, though the there were not too many people on the sidewalks at 9-10 PM on a week night.

There is a starbucks in the lobby and a mediocre breakfast restaurant.

Price was high, but probably standard for the downtown area.

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Williamtraveler,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Charlotte area.

Yours truly,
Hunitngburg, IN
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Loved it. Stayed two nights on a nascar trip. Loved location great service. pool was ok. I will Stay here again. Breakfest a little high on price but you can walk down the street to the bagel shop.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thanks Littlekoonie, for your review and recommendation. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to see you again!

Best regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel while in Charlotte on business. The hotel was walking distance to my meetings (which was great) and was, overall, a really great stay!

Last time I was in Charlotte, I stayed at the Westin a few blocks away. Despite being a Starwood Preferred member, I was unimpressed with the Westin and felt that, for the price, it wasn't really worth it. This time, the Westin was totally booked, so my travel agent put us into the Marriott -- the experience shut out the Westin BIG TIME!

First of all, after booking, I went ahead and joined the Marriott rewards program and linked it to my United FF. They had a deal where you could get quadruple miles on all of your stays! The Friday prior to my trip, I got an email from someone in the Elite rewards program at the hotel, asking if there was anything she could do for me. I wrote her back that I would like a room on a higher floor, away from the elevators, if possible and she wrote me immediately that she would see what she could do. When I arrived, I was indeed on a high floor (15th, I think) and far away from the elevators -- perfect!

When I arrived for check-in, a large group was arriving just before me. It was about 15 folks who must have all been in town for a wedding or reunion or something. They immediately got into line right in front of me and started going up to the desk ONE AT A TIME! Ugh. I noticed the "Elite Rewards" check-in and decided to ask if they would help me over there. Without me even saying anything, the clerk asked for my name and gave me my key. The entire transaction seriously took about 90 seconds! Awesome!

I also thought the room was lovely and well-appointed. The bed was JUST as comfortable as the Heavenly bed at the Westin (possibly more so) and the pillows were fantastic. I slept like a rock. I really loved the power strip under the television for all of my electronics (right next to the desk!) and the ability to actually use the TV as a laptop monitor, if you needed it.

The in-room coffee was quite good and I appreciated the real half-and-half instead of powdered creamer (a huge pet peeve of mine). The towels were fluffy and the sheets soft. The staff was very helpful and dedicated and I felt like whenever I had a question or concern, they were immediately on it. It's also nice that there is a Starbucks right off the lobby -- for those early morning meetings. I would ABSOLUTELY stay here, again, on future trips to Charlotte!

Room Tip: If you receive the Rewards concierge email, respond and ask for the type of room you want!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thanks so much spycygrl for writing such a wonderful review and recommendation of your stay with us! I was very pleased to read that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations of Marriott service. We’re very fortunate to have a great team in place who strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to see you again!

Yours truly,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I was here for a wedding. The room service was very quick and the food was great! I slept very comfortable. The gym was a little small height wise for I'm 6'0 ft tall but very good exercise machines. Overall..very good hotel! Walking distance to all the night life.

Room Tip: The bed is very comfortable to sleep in and the pillows I requested were there when I arrived.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have stayed at many Marriotts, and I have never had such terrible customer service. I am aware that this is not Ritz Carlton- but I expected more. When checking in, I was cut-off mid conversation, spoken down to and received no instruction for parking, or anything else. I normally do not write reviews but I would advise future customers to avoid "Irish", who works at the front desk. She made the experience less than pleasant. Other than that, this hotel is in a great location for walking to great food and nightlife, the rooms are very clean and decent. Overall it would was an okay stay- the staff made it less pleasant.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank summerof86
Raleigh
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I got a great deal through priceline so for well under a hundo doll ers this was a great deal. Really can't beat the location. No frills but rooms were clean and my stay was great. Parking will run you ten a night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo