“Five Star Staff!”

Courtyard Charlotte City Center
Ranked #52 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I recently stayed a week in Uptown Charlotte (which is wonderful!) for work and stayed at the Courtyard. I've stayed in many Courtyard Hotels before but never have I felt the need to write a review about one, until now.

The staff was simply outstanding from the time I walked in to the time I left and it wasn't just one person, it was all of them. The rooms are clean and just what you expect from a Courtyard. The location is great also with restaurants galore within walking distance, the light-rail is a block away and all the new and diverse museums are within a few blocks.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear RonOnTheGo,

I shared your review with our entire team and they were all excited that you had such a great experience with every associate you met during your stay. I’m glad we inspired your first review of a Courtyard and feel lucky to work with such a great team, thank you for taking the time to recognize them!

Best,

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Charlotte City Center

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I travel to Charlotte quite regularly and have stayed in several of the city hotels..

the hotel is quite centrally located on S. Tryon, with restuarant options just (Ruth's Chris)around the corner or a short walk to the Epicentre. Light rail is also nearby.

I stayed here 1 night in Feb as I hadn't tried it before. I was plesantly suprised to find the room rate pretty good, also had wifi included. the room was sparse but with a modern decor, not at all cheap looking. the bed was comfortable, linene clean and ptressed as you would expect. The bathroom was small but looked like it was quite newly fitted.

I didn't interact much with the staff but during check in and out, they were pleasant and informative.

I didn't use many of the facilities, so cannot comment on the gym. I did use express check-out and also the feature that allows you to quick-print your baording pass, very useful. I stayed and had breakfast at the bar area, it was excellent, glad I did.

Overall it was a good stay, fairly good standards, well placed for city centre but there are several other hotels offering similar or better for a similar price so have a good look around before you decide..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear BizTraveller54,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience; it’s always nice to hear from our guests. We’re glad you had a chance to use our boarding pass station and join us for breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was my first time traveling to Charlotte and a friend recommended the Courtyard. It is central to many attractions and entertainment. I would definitely stay there again. The only negative is that they didn't have iPod docking stations in their rooms. They had free wireless, flat screens and even delivered a complimentary fridge.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear GregorioOenophile,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I live in Charlotte and we stayed here one night after a wedding reception downtown so we did not have to go home. It was not a very comfortable bed. The temperature would not stay very steady either. The overall look and feel was fine but for a Marriott it really was a letdown.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much tpwingo for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and giving your feedback. My apologies for the issue you had with the bed and room temperature. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We hope you choose us again in the future.
Yours truly,

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Just stayed for one night but loved that, because it did not provide a free breakfast, it is in walking distance to a Panera. Walking distance to almost anywhere (all the main visitor attractions in the city) in Charlotte and reasonably priced for city hotel. We were visiting UNC Charlotte and it is only a short drive away. So I would recommend this to visiting families of university students. Rooms were an OK size and the place is clean with nice bathrooms. All in all a good basic hotel in the heart of a really nice city.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear travelmom519,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I spent a week in Charlotte on business and found the Courtyard right there on Tryon Street. It is within walking distance to almost everything. Take the garage elevators to the second floor and you are 100 feet from the overhead walkway that leads almost everywhere in the business district. On street walking to all of the attractions (although I did not try those yet).

Room Tip: H1 is the first hotel floor and is the 13th floor of the building. Don't get confused if you ge...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you for your review and recommendation 10000Feet! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.
Thanks for choosing the Courtyard Charlotte City Center for your business needs and we look forward to being of service the next time you are in the area!

Yours truly,

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I took advantage of my AAA and got a good room rate. The hotel is quiet. Great and Quick elevator system ( I mean you have to get your key out anyway) I felt very safe here. Popcorn in lobby one night Yum Staff was wonderful very attentive. Wifi was iffy but staff worked to get it resolved. Market goods over priced but probably typical Rooms were small butcomfortable and clean I would like to have thicker covers for top cover. I like thick white comforters. Bed was too firm for me but it was comfortable. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear SamanthaBrownw,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the great amenities our hotel has to offer. I apologize our bed was too firm for your liking. We hope that you stay with us again when you visit Charlotte.