“Charlotte”

Courtyard Charlotte City Center
Ranked #49 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 20 May 2012

the facility was very nice and close to everything. The problem was the mold in the rooms. We all had headaches - horrible allergic reactions

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear rgk1022,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. To my knowledge, there is no mold present in any of our rooms; I feel badly that you experienced headaches during your stay with us. For those guests with allergies, we are more than happy to provide a feather-free room or a “green” room where we deep clean curtains, walls, et cetera and would be more than happy to do so for you should you choose to return to our hotel.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Booked this one instead of the Marriott City Center in Charlotte. Should have went to the other. Half of front desk staff were very friendly. The other acted like she was being bothered by people checking in, asking how to self park, where the elevator for the parking garage was located etc. Granted this is a Courtyard and not supposed to be the premier line, there was still no valet, no concierge, no bar, restaurant or lounge if those are the things you look for. Small place called The Bistro downstairs where you can get light food but, that's it. The room service menu is from a restaurant about a block away if you want to chance it. Once again, if you don't want those amenities you're fine. The room was on the small size but, adequate and clean. All of the maintenance and cleaning staff I spoke with along the way were extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Bassin66,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I appreciate your compliments on the service you received from our maintenance and housekeeping associates. I regret that you did not receive the service you deserved at the front desk and will be sharing your review with my front desk team. You are correct in that the Courtyard brand does not offer the amenities of a full service Marriott, such as valet parking, concierge and full service restaurant. We do however offer a selection of beer, wine and cocktails at The Bistro. We appreciate your business as a loyal Marriott guest, and in the future I hope you find a full service Marriott wherever your travels take you in order to best meet your needs.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is a nice hotel. It's clean, relatively up to date, and in the heart of downtown Charlotte. We were there for the weekend and never had to use the car. The rooms are a bit small and we found customer service to be a bit lacking. Although the front desk associates were courteous and helpful, there was allways a line and they did not answer the phone. We were surprised that even on sunday morning, the busiest time for check out, there was only one person on the desk. If location and convenience are the goal, this is an adequate place to stay, but we decided to try another hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your review 1gratefulguest. We appreciate your comments and are disappointed to know you don’t plan to return on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Once again, the Marriott came through for us! My husband and I stayed at this location because we wanted to be near Amos' Southend for a concert. The service was excellent...the lady at the front desk called a cab for us which was very helpful! The room was clean, updated and comfortable. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your kind comments Pam H, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review and hope you had a great time at the concert. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

First off, the Marriott staff was very nice. Almost always are. Been a Marriott Rewards member since 1995. Lobby is very nicely updated. Staff was very helpful and appreciative for us staying. But that does not hide the fact that the bed was very uncomfortable. My wife thought she may develop curvature of the spine after one night. We seriously contemplated leaving after one night and driving home which was 455 miles away. Pillows? Take a pillowcase and throw in a couple of towels and that is what if felt like. Two of the four lamps in my room (143) were so lopsided I felt we were in the Titanic when it was sinking. I never drink hotel room coffee and I challenge anyone to want to drink a cup brewed with the coffee maker in this room. And the parking was confusing and never working correctly on the weekend.

Room Tip: Spend more or less somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear TEX2MD,

I feel badly that you and your family were unable to get a good night’s rest on our signature Marriott bedding, which is well-known for its comfort. Thank you for recognizing the level of service provided by the team, and for your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards member. I’ll be sure to address the lamps in your room with our maintenance team.

Thanks once again,

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My girlfriend and I visited Charlotte for a weekend in November '11, and we had a great time exploring the city. Not only is the Epicenter within walking distance, but there are several restaurants/bars nearby. The room is classy with an extremely comfortable bed (make sure you request extra feather pillows). With the hotel situation on Tryon, the building is relatively safe with an exceptional staff. With Ruth Chris' across the street, what more can one possibly need?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear JarvisandLaura,

Thanks very much for your kind review! We’re glad to hear you both had a great visit to the area and enjoyed the hotel. Come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I loved that the hotel was in a very convenient downtown area!! Everything was very clean and in order. My only complaint is a minor one. The coffee maker in my room was broken and not able to brew coffee. Considering I had early morning meetings, this was a real inconvenience to me and of course I didn't know until it was morning, and too late. Loved the hotel ambiance. Wished they had a continental breakfast as a choice, instead of only the Bistro as a food choice. Overall, very pleased with the service and cleanliness.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thanks very much for choosing our hotel and for your review shaff45! I’m sorry to hear that your coffee maker wasn’t working; if you haven’t already mentioned it to the staff, could I trouble you to give us a call to let us know what room you stayed in so that we can be sure to replace it? Our phone number is 704.926.5800 and you’re welcome to ask for me personally. Outside of that inconvenience, I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you again.