“Location is everything.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Location is everything.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

Across the street from Ruth's Chris and MccCormick and Schmicks. Around the corner one way from the Mint an Harvey Gant Center. Go the other way and 2 blocks from Epicenter and Bobcats Arena. 4 blocks from Panthers stadium. Great front desk personnel also.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear geepd36,

It sounds like you had a chance to get out and explore much of what the area has to offer, I hope you had a great time here in Charlotte and am glad you enjoyed the hotel. Thanks very much for your review!

Sherry McWherter, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I spent one night at this hotel on business and was very pleased. The room was exactly what you expect for a Courtyard. The Wifi was free and the breakfast options were excellent. The front desk make an excellent recommendation for dinner, King's Kitchen, and steering us away from all of the national chain restaurants crowding out local places. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us Wanderingnewyorker, thanks very much for the review and recommendation! I hope you enjoyed King’s, it’s a great spot and it’s always nice to get a taste of the local flavor versus a chain restaurant. Hope business brings you back to see us again soon.

Have a great summer,

NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I am a normal Intercontinental chain guest but figured I would give Marriott a try. I am a platinum member for Intercontinental and Marriott gave me a Platinum Member trial. While at this property I was given no platinum member benefits, or acknowledgement of my status etc. Normally at Crown Plaza Holiday Inn etc I get free parking, breakfast, room upgrade etc.
My only request at this property was that I get a fridge in at least 1 of my 2 rooms I had reserved for the night. I called early the day of reservation to make sure this would be possible, I reminded the front desk of my request at check in and then when the fridge had not come by early evening I checked with the front desk and they said they would be right up with them... The fridge never came. The room itself was small but adequate and the location is great but just don't expect the staff to be too helpful..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear tennisjon2002,

Please accept my apologies regarding the refrigerator you requested and that you were not properly recognized as a Platinum member, I regret that we didn’t leave the proper impression of Courtyard or Marriott. Thank you for choosing our hotel as part of your Marriott trial, we appreciate your business and hope this one experience won’t deter you from enjoying your Marriott Rewards status at other Marriott hotels.

Best wishes,

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

the facility was very nice and close to everything. The problem was the mold in the rooms. We all had headaches - horrible allergic reactions

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear rgk1022,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. To my knowledge, there is no mold present in any of our rooms; I feel badly that you experienced headaches during your stay with us. For those guests with allergies, we are more than happy to provide a feather-free room or a “green” room where we deep clean curtains, walls, et cetera and would be more than happy to do so for you should you choose to return to our hotel.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Booked this one instead of the Marriott City Center in Charlotte. Should have went to the other. Half of front desk staff were very friendly. The other acted like she was being bothered by people checking in, asking how to self park, where the elevator for the parking garage was located etc. Granted this is a Courtyard and not supposed to be the premier line, there was still no valet, no concierge, no bar, restaurant or lounge if those are the things you look for. Small place called The Bistro downstairs where you can get light food but, that's it. The room service menu is from a restaurant about a block away if you want to chance it. Once again, if you don't want those amenities you're fine. The room was on the small size but, adequate and clean. All of the maintenance and cleaning staff I spoke with along the way were extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Bassin66,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I appreciate your compliments on the service you received from our maintenance and housekeeping associates. I regret that you did not receive the service you deserved at the front desk and will be sharing your review with my front desk team. You are correct in that the Courtyard brand does not offer the amenities of a full service Marriott, such as valet parking, concierge and full service restaurant. We do however offer a selection of beer, wine and cocktails at The Bistro. We appreciate your business as a loyal Marriott guest, and in the future I hope you find a full service Marriott wherever your travels take you in order to best meet your needs.

Montgomery, al
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is a nice hotel. It's clean, relatively up to date, and in the heart of downtown Charlotte. We were there for the weekend and never had to use the car. The rooms are a bit small and we found customer service to be a bit lacking. Although the front desk associates were courteous and helpful, there was allways a line and they did not answer the phone. We were surprised that even on sunday morning, the busiest time for check out, there was only one person on the desk. If location and convenience are the goal, this is an adequate place to stay, but we decided to try another hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your review 1gratefulguest. We appreciate your comments and are disappointed to know you don’t plan to return on your next visit to the area.

Eden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Once again, the Marriott came through for us! My husband and I stayed at this location because we wanted to be near Amos' Southend for a concert. The service was excellent...the lady at the front desk called a cab for us which was very helpful! The room was clean, updated and comfortable. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for your kind comments Pam H, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review and hope you had a great time at the concert. We look forward to seeing you next time!