“Great location for leisure or business”

Courtyard Charlotte City Center
Ranked #53 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This location is downtown and many restaurants and businesses are nearby. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and nicely decorated. Everything we wanted to see or do was within walking distance. The downtown area where this hotel is located was clean and there were many people (visitors and locals) walking around during the day and in the evenings. Even though the front desk had information and maps of local attractions and restaurants, they had very little personal knowledge about the nearby restaurants; another guest who travels often to Charlotte provided the most helpful information regarding where to eat. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

JameilMCR,
We appreciate you choosing Courtyard Charlotte City Center, and we thank you for writing a review regarding your experience. It's fantastic to hear our central downtown location was perfectly suited your travels, and we're glad you had an opportunity to explore all that Charlotte has to offer. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Loved the location of this hotel. Downtown is right outside your door with lots of restaurants, bars and sites . We were only a few blocks and walking distance to the time warner arena too.! Clean updated rooms. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Mimiboucher,
Thank you very much for your review; it’s great to know you enjoyed the hotel and we can’t wait to see you again!
Yours truly,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This location offers no surprises - it si pretty much the same "Courtyard" you might stay at near an airport or in the suburbs. That's not bad, considering its prime downtown location.

Two minor gripes:

The garage is VERY tight. That's not the hotel's fault, but it is very difficult to maneuver even a midsized car. Be very careful.

Two, the air in the room was very dry, causing me to have to get up several times each night for a glass of water. This is often a problem at older properties and indicates the building's HVAC system may need adjusting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Joe P,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.
Yours truly,

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Most hotel reviews simply depend on the room you stayed in and I must say, I hit the jackpot. This was the cleanest, most well maintained room I have ever stayed in and I am comparing it to many more expensive hotels. I'm not overly picky, but you know how the little things can make a difference. No stains on anything, no nicked tiles in the bathroom, no stray hair, no well worn pillows on the sofa, etc. Everything looked practically new.

I came to Charlotte for the Q-City BBQ festival and while I could hear the music in the background from my room, I heard nothing else. The place seemed packed but maybe there was no one next to me because I never heard any TV noise, or people in the halls, thumping upstairs or downstairs... so the walls must be pretty thick.

The parking was fine although a lot of larger vehicles were crammed in tight on the lower levels. I had no problem finding plenty of space a few levels up. The area is well lit and elevators are close so it never felt unsafe to me.

I'm only going to ding for one thing and I'll admit that maybe *I* should have asked for more information. Since I never the left the hotel until I checked out, I had trouble using the hotel key to get out. The front desk person said use the key instead of my ticket, so that's what I did. However, I was asked for more money and there was no attendant to help. Finally, a person in the car behind me got out to help and was nearly as confused. I finally figured out I needed to use a different key card reader but then I could not find the key card drop. Neither could the driver behind me. I ended up giving the key to a parking attendant on the street and she said she would turn it in for me. And she offered to assist the driver behind me so that was nice.

Other than that, I will definitely stay here again next year. Close to everything and very well managed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Atlantagreen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

As out of town guests, just coming in for a sporting event, it was a wonderful place to stay. A bit on the pricey side, but I will admit well worth every penny. Location was perfect, the hotel staff were scarse though, but I didn't need anything so it didn't effect my stay. Our room was beautiful, the view, well who needs it when you are only sleeping there.

Room Tip: We chose this hotel because it was close to the stadium. It was within walking distance, so we could...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Nicole C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I do a 4 day week, 3 out of 4 weeks a month. Perfect fit for an uptown business traveller in all ways. A marriott is a marriott.The rooms as dandy, staff is always as good and heh with marriott rewards it doesn't get any better.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Vinusat81,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage at Courtyard Charlotte City Center. We're glad you find our hotel, accommodations, and helpful service a perfect fit for your business travels. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Was in CLT for business and got Courtyard Downtown through Priceline. Nice hotel. The desk staff was friendly and professional. Checked-in with no issues and they accommodated my always request of high floor, good view, room away from elevators. My room was nice, comfortable, and clean. Plenty of restaurants near.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

refinedruffneck,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at Courtyard Charlotte City Center. We're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our friendly staff and accommodations well suited for your travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.