Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.
Omni Charlotte Hotel(Charlotte)
US$124
  • Breakfast included
US$126
US$113
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$98
US$275
US$248
Priceline
  • Room Service
US$171
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgreat hotelcarowinds amusement parkking suitebreakfast stafffull kitchencomplimentary breakfastrecommend this hotelbusiness tripoatmealclean roomsthe breakfast areawould definitely stay here againa great staybed was comfortablestaff was friendlyfront desk staffone night stay
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Location of hotel was good... however, they were remodeling and this was not noted on the website. They double billed me on my incidental deposit for my card, althought several days later it was removed... however, it was not what the desk receptionist told me it was going to be.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here with my sisters from March 2nd - March 4th. First of all this is a busy time of year for Charlotte because of CIAA. Even with the amount of people staying at the hotel, the staff was very friendly and when we had an issue with our television the maintenance man was there to fix it within 20 minutes. Also, we had some people across the hall who left their manners at home and thought they were going to party like it was 1999, but I called down to the lobby and the party was broken up by management in a timely fashion.

The hotel is undergoing renovations and we had one of the newly appointed rooms on the 6th floor. I must say that they have done a great job with the decorations. We had a flat screen LG television with analog and digital channels. The sleeping area and bathroom had plenty of space to comfortably accomodate four adult women. The ice, vending machine and elevator are a short distance from each of the rooms on the floor.

A hot breakfast is advertised but don't expect to get full off of it unless you are a lite eater. I had one of their refrigerated breakfast items and it was pretty good, but my sisters complained about the mixed fruit and some of the other pre-packaged items. We didn't expect to have to eat lunch so early after having eaten breakfast at 9:30 a.m. but by noon we were starving.

Pro's: Right off of I-77. Less than a 10 minute drive to Wal-Mart, Chili's, O'Charleys and McDonald's. Less than a 5 minute drive to Wendy's, Jack-in-the-Box and Ruby Tuesday. About a 20 minute drive to the nearest mall. Their free wireless internet works and it is fast.

Cons: Not enough parking when there is a full house. From the bathroom we could hear the conversations of the people in the next room to us through the vent. The inside of the elevator was dirty. Our room was $169 per night before tax. Again it was a special event weekend so it is to be expected. For the price I would normally expect a real hot breakfast and a managers reception. I enjoy a firm mattress but in my opinion the beds were hard. My back was hurting when I woke up.

For all of the good that the hotel had to offer, I would not stay again due to the beds not being comfortable and not having a real breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Hotel and staff were pleasant, however hotel is middle of $2M renovations. Rooms were good, clean and renovated. Wireless has complimentary and good, however, hallways were like a warzone. Elevators were filthy.

Hotel is not really near the airport as advertised by Hotwire it is some 25 mins away although drivers are perfectly pleasant. There is no place in the area to walk to eat with the exception of Ruby Tuesday. Hotel is in the middle of an Executive park, however Driver will take you to wherever you need to go. Staff was very nice and breakfast was good.

Room Tip: ask for floors that are not in the middle of renovations.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2011

A middle-of-the-road Hampton Inn, with an excellent location.A 2-minute walk to Ruby Tuesdays and several other eateries within 1/2 mile.Decent rooms, decent breakfast,good parking.Nothing special,but for $89/night it was a good value.Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I went here with a group from my church to do some volunteer work. We had reserved 4 rooms total and there were no problems with the check in process. One of the rooms though, was on a different floor. We asked if their room could be moved to our floor, but because there were nothing comparable they had to stay. In that regard, customer service could have stepped up to the plate and taken a $20 loss to upgrade their room, so we could all be together since we did book so many rooms!
The beds were a tad too hard for me, but not so much that I didn't get a good night's sleep. Other people in my group said they all slept great, with the exception of some drunken group opening and closing doors, yelling down the hallway and just being annoying! With that said, the walls/doors are very thin, so you can hear a normal conversation going on out in the hallway when you're in your room with the door closed.
About the cleanliness of the hotel/rooms: for the most part they were clean to the naked eye (other than a mysterious brown, ring stain on the ceiling in my bathroom). What bothered be somewhat, was the smell, carpet dampness in my room, and the duvet on the bed. The smell was obviously mildew, but it was not overpowering. I would only get whiffs of it every now and then. For whatever reason, the carpet in my room had a couple of mildly moist spots, one near the bed and the other in front of the closet. The duvet also needed a washing as there was a large, very light stain at the head of the bed.
The perks they could use are dvd players and/or AV wires! We did have to make a run to Wal-Mart to buy AV wires so we could watch our movie. If the hotel would invest a couple hundred dollars for people to borrow a dvd player during their stay, that would be great.
For the positives, there were several. First and most importantly, was the breakfast! I have stayed at many hotels and this one by far had the most extensive selection of items. Yogurt, cereal assortment, bagels, muffins, make your own waffle, oatmeal, frozen items that you heat up when you want them like french toast, breakfast sandwiches, eggs, etc. The coffee was fresh and set up all day!
The front desk attendant was VERY friendly. Always a smile on her face and went out of her way to make you feel welcome. I do wish she would have upgraded our friends' room though and maybe given us some free soda. We asked if there was any 2 liter sodas available to buy, and she said no, so we went out to get that as well. Again if they had just eaten a few dollars in soda sales to make us happy, they would have had much more satisfied guests. They have a small "store" next to the front desk. Mostly it's ice cream, candy, soda, toiletries, etc, which is WAY overpriced.
All in all, for $89 a night it wasn't bad. Just could have stepped it up some.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends