“EXCELLENT staff, great rates, good internet, but be aware..”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.
Ranked #24 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn and Suites several times on a recent business trip and will stay again. The front desk staff was very professional and polite. (I was especially impressed with the professionalism, courtesy and friendliness of Jasmine. The rooms are clean, the hotel is clean, internet is great.
BUT.... if you are not in a suite room (with a separate bedroom away from hall) the upper floors do not have rubber gaskets on the doorways and a lot of noise comes from the hall. Too noisy to sleep with people on cell phones, etc... for whatever reason, the lower floors seemed to have the rubber gasket. And in the suites, I had a problem on the top floor (room was backside of hotel away from Arrowood Rd) because the HVAC equipment made way too much noise and caused a vibration in the room). The staff gladly moved me and then moved me again (2nd room had been cleaned but furniture in disarray for whatever reason), 3rd room was fine.

Room Tip: Perhaps the hotel will read this and install gaskets between the doors and steel door frames... or a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our staff and hotel. I will forward your feedback to the team and personally congratulate them on maintaining the service excellence of Hampton inns. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and again, thank you for your wonderful input on your recent stay

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel and staff are excellent and take great care of all your needs! From the GM all the way to the maids, everyone was polite and helpful. We'll be returning soon!!!! Close to Carowinds, shopping, and other area attractions...or just a nice place to relax and hide away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was stranded in Charlotte for 2 days during a recent winter storm. The Hampton Inn, Arrowood was the closest hotel to the airport with any vacancies, as there were thousands of canceled flights. In addition to being stranded, I was dealing with a shoulder injury that made things even harder. The entire staff of the hotel was very friendly and accomodating. However, I will always remember how helpful and friendly Ra'shauna was. She went above and beyond what I expected and actually turned a really negative experience around for me. I wish the staff at the airport was as good!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Easy commute to the Carolina-Medical Hospital which is approximately 6 miles away. Will stay at this Hampton Inn when in Charlotte on our next trip. The cleanliness as well as the sleep quality is what one should expect of a hotel when spending time away from home. Certainly good value and great location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Professional, clean, quiet, good breakfast that allows me to work around my food allergies. Workout room leaves something to be desired for someone who is staying and working out four nights a week. Internet speed is adequate. As a business traveler I would prefer faster internet since I'm on my computer more than I watch TV.

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel. I will forward your feedback to the team and personally congratulate them on maintaining the service excellence of Hampton inns. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I travel for business on a regularly basis and customer service is very important to me. The staff at this hotel went far beyond the normal front desk staff. I was treated like family from the moment I walked in until I checked out. Nikkie, Ra'shauna and Tamika need to be commended for their professionalism, courtesy and overall World Class treatment of myself and other guess in this hotel. I am planning another trip to the Charlotte area soon and I will ONLY stay at this location. Thank you for making a week long business trip a very pleasant experience...

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'd missed a flight connection at CLT and so logged in to find a local hotel. During the on-line registration I called for a shuttle van and it arrived minutes after I reached the van pick up area. Hotel staff was extremely friendly; arranged a taxi as I had to leave prior to the 7 am on-duty time of the van driver and even offered to have breakfast ready prior to the normal 6 am start time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business