“Best Staff of Any Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.
Ranked #23 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Waterloo, Canada
“Best Staff of Any Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel, as we were attending a wedding close by. From the minute we arrived (at 12:30am) we were greeted by a friendly face and treated so warmly throughout our stay. All of the staff went above and beyond to make our stay exceptional. Two of the customer service representatives, remembered our names the next time they saw us. They consistently asked if there was anything that they could help us with. Cynthia (the midnight front desk representative) was a true gem. So kind and helpful. Overall, their customer service was unprecedented based on my experience with the many other hotels we have stayed at. The hotel was also very clean and the rooms were quite nice. I would without a doubt recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel and staff. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and again, thank you for your wonderful input on your recent stay and I will share your feedback with the team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Waterford, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed in a one bedroom suite. The room was very spacious. All of the furnishings except for the couch seemed well maintained. I was not thrilled with the condition of the bathroom - peeling wallpaper, lights that didn’t work, uneven tile in the shower, mold behind the shower door. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. However, I experienced an issue with water coming through my bathroom ceiling and did not even hear an apology from management. There are plenty of hotels in the area. This would not be my 1st choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and but want to apologize for the problems you encountered with the condition of the bathroom. After looking into the problem, we had found a pipe that was leaking within the concrete barrier and have since fixed the issue. This had caused the issues with the wallpaper and leaking water. In addition, we removed the bad section of the wall from the water issue and treated the entire bathroom to ensure there was no mold presence. I apologize that your concerns were not addressed immediately by a member of management and that I wasnt aware of this but I have since addressed these concerns as well. It's our goal to provide every guest with outstanding service and accommodations and I apologize that this want the case during your recent stay. AIf you should be returning to the area, I would love the opportunity to show you that your concerns were addressed and corrected and would offer a complimentary upgrade to a suite for a future stay
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling from Michigan to Charlotte to see family and friends so we were picking a place to stay based upon TripAdvisor reviews. We were very pleased with our room. Our chief criteria is cleanliness. It was great, service was fabulous, and the staff who put out the out the breakfast food has smiles on their faces and did a great job. We would definitely recommend this place to stay. Thank you so much!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and for your wonderful feedback for our hotel. It’s our goal to provide excellent service and great accommodations and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience.

Cleveland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great spot- close to I-77 yet nestled in an area where you can walk among trees and flowers. Decent restaurants nearby, great staff and great lobby chocolate chip cookies! We will return as it is a great midpoint on our drive from Tampa to OH.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Plainfield, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a very clean hotel. They list breakfast as continental, however it's more than donuts, fruit and juice. They had French toast, eggs, potatoes w/ green peppers & onions. I will stay here again when I'm in Charlotte for business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Orange, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

From the start, the staff welcomed me and made me feel right at home. The room was quite nice and a restful time for sure. Room was clean and everything worked. Love how Hamptons have extra electrical outlets in the room and near the bed. Great for hooking up items to charge. Ruby Tuesday's is just across the road but do walk with the walk/wait lights. Fast moving traffic comes from nowhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We specifically asked for a quiet room and instead we're put in a ground floor unit facing the front of the hotel, where every guest first parks..and beeps their doors locked..before checking in. Noise from I 77 and Arrowood plus the airplanes flying to the nearby airport kept us up most of the night.
Below average Hampton Inn breakfast in our opinion.
Beds were comfortable and clean.
We were booked into the Southpark Hampton Inn originally but had to move up a night because of weather and they were all booked so we came here. Won't happen again

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Keith E, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay and but want to apologize for the problems you encountered with the noise associated with being located on the ground floor and airport noise during your stay. In additiona to the vehicle doors being opended from other guest at the hotel. It's our goal to provide every guest with outstanding service and accommodations and I apologize that this want the case during your recent stay. After looking into your concerns regarding the noise levels on the ground floor, we normally have no noise assosciated with other guest departures as well as guest accessing their vehicles during their departure. However we are located 15 minutes away from the airport and currently looking into your concerns as this has never been brought to our attention and will address this so others are not impacted as you were. I also wanted to follow up on your concerns on your room location on the ground floor, I truly apologize that you were not assigned in a room on a higher floor and facing the back of the hotel.
If you should be returning to the area, I would love the opportunity to show you that your concerns were addressed and corrected and would offer a complimentary upgrade to a suite for a future stay.

If you are ever returning to the area please give us the opportunity to show you that your issues and concerns did not go unheard.