“Good stay with family”

Hampton Inn Charlotte - Uptown
Ranked #10 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Kids enjoyed the city view at night. Could have used a little help with baggage from parking garage to lobby or from drop off point to lobby. Desk staff was quick and check in was easy. Room was clean and as advertised. Breakfast was good and kids enjoyed pool, which was a nice temperature. Overnight was quiet. Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LocalRP
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Charlotte - Uptown

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for a convention and the staff really want all out to make everyone feel welcome. We had over 11,000 members in town and took all the hotels, but I lucked out with this one. Breakfast staff were always smiling, housekeepers great and valets were on the go. I'll definitely stay here again. Across from convention center and NASCAR Hall of Fame. Within walking distance to restaurants and other hotels, the EpiCenter, and the heart of downtown. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank PinkPearl2
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Loved the stay and very close to what I needed to visit. I will come back again if I have to go back for another visit. The hotel is located very close to everything and has a great free shuttle service for up to 3 miles around everything you want to go and see.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lori S
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Although our room was very nice when we attempted to us out Hot Tub it didn't work. It took 3 calls to the front desk to get maintenance to come to our room and look at it. It took a while but he figured out what was wrong. More then likely when the tub was being cleaned or serviced they never plugged it back in. The only reason I'm saying this stay was average is because we paid extra fro the hot tub. This will definitely not keep me from staying at the Hampton Inns. They are one of my favorite places to stay when traveling.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great location, complementary shuttle service in downtown area, nice workout facility, great complementary breakfast. Staff was very freindly and accomodating. Great for business travelers working downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I only stayed one night, a Saturday night in early June. The room was spacious and clean. Same for the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good, included scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. I also appreciated the I could control the temperature in the room, and open the window at night, to let in the cool night breeze. But the best part is that the Housekeeping staff found my jacket that I left in the closet, and held it for me. I called the day after I returned, spoke with Samantha, who told me they found it and agreed to send it to me via FedEx, billed to my credit card. I received the jacket in perfect shape a few days later. First time any hotel has ever bothered to look for and return my left belongings. Thank you, Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Get a room on an upper floor to get a nice view of Charlotte.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frugal_Traveller
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very nice hotel and very nice staff.....the complimentary breakfast is the living word......The shuttle service is always prompt and comfortable....I have stayed with this hotel (at least) 5 or 6 times and each time has been wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo