“Great Experience... Just Order In.”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #39 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, United States
“Great Experience... Just Order In.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I frequently stay at the Omni Hotel in Charlotte, NC. We consider it our vacation home. We last went for Valentine's Day 2014. The staff was incredibly friendly and the decor looks as though it has been upgraded since our last visit. All the amenities you could want are in the room. I really have no complaints about the room itself or the front desk staff. I'll give them 5 stars any day; with one exception. My only recommendation for this visit would be to order in and not purchase the "Art of Breakfast" from the operator or online while reserving your room. They have an omelet station with no one there to make an omelet for you, and the star of the buffet is the oatmeal. The cheeses look very unappealing after having been out with no temperature control or replacement with newer product for hours at a time. For the same price--or even less--than what you pay for the "[Abstract] Art of Breakfast," you can order in a lovely meal to your room that is made fresh for you. This is the route I would go, with the most expensive breakfast ensemble being $16.00. Or if you feel like sitting down somewhere else, skip the buffet and do Waffle House, you will be more pleased with the results.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I visited Charlotte last weekend for our anniversary. From check-in to check-out we had a great experience. The breakfast and restaurant staff were very friendly and the young man who served us(can't remember his name) remembered our chose of drinks on our return visits. He was very attentive to our needs. The front desk were very professional and attentive as well. Two of the staff members really stood out. We informed them of our anniversary that Monday and was informed that something special would be arranged for us. Unfortunately because of the forecast of snow we decided to leave early Monday afternoon. I left my Nexus 7 tablet behind and called back to the hotel the next day. I spoke with the front desk who informed me that arrangements had been made for that special evening but we had already left. Arrangements were quickly made to get my tablet back to me. We plan on many visits to this hotel in the future and highly recommend it. Very convenient to everything.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I'm usually a Marriott guy, so was initially disappointed when my company booked a conference at this property. I was pleasantly surprised. This is on par with a Cat 5 Marriott. The rooms are a little dated, but nice enough. Very clean. The concierge lounge is tiny. If you join their free loyalty program, you can choose a free beverage (even soda) to be brought to your room each morning - kinda cool. I would stay at this property again because of the super friendly staff and the great location. Great selection of lunchtime restaurants (many non-chain) in the lower level of the hotel.

Myrtle Beach, SC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I think this hotel has a lot to offer, and I had a good experience. There are a lot of great things because I could walk anywhere and access food and a pharmacy on the first floor. The front staff was pretty nice, and the room staff & housekeeping were very friendly. Overall, my room was amazing. The only complaint is that there were hairs that belonged to other people when I entered my bathroom, not an abundance of hairs but still present. I imagine it is very hard for housekeeping to clean every inch of the room, so it was nothing to fuss about, but it did make me feel like the room wasn't entirely clean. The housekeeping that came in during my stay did an amazing job with towels and bed linens and such. Overall, the hotel was a great experience but I was there for business. I don't know if I would ordinarily pay this much for a hotel no matter what services or quality they offered.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here in part of a block of rooms booked for our team on a business trip. Everything was excellent. For the federal government room rate, this place is phenomenal. Drinks at the bar are a bit expensive, but well made and served by cheerful bartenders.

Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Omni provided the absolute quality one would desire in their hotel experience. I have stayed at this site multiple times and it is consistantly great. Located in the heart of Charlotte and very convenient to all local attractions. The staff is professional and very attentive to the guest needs.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Everything was great, the only thing was that the mini hall leading to the restroom in my room was very tight. My floor was a little loud but they settled down, I was attending a Firefighters ball and they were having fun.