“Convention stay not great.”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #60 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We drove to this Omni for a weekend convention. I liked the express check in option so on our drive I checked in online.
Our room key cards were to be on a board near the front desk and we would not have to check in with front desk staff.
Our key cards were not on the board as promised and we arrived about 45 mins past time we selected for check in due to heavy traffic coming into Charlotte.
I had to go to desk and check in normally so the express check in was worthless.
Also, you have to have a parking ticket validated for in and out access to the Bank of America parking garage.
Room was average, water pressure not great.
Shopping plaza under and around hotel was a nice plus.
We did have a spoiled creamer in our room as I saw someone else had mentioned in a review.
We attended a banquet in the hotel and the filet mignon was served very rare. Only browned on outside. My filet looked like a lump of meat and not the shape of a normal filet.
Our table all had very rare filet. I could not eat it and my husband ate mine. Should have at least been cooked medium to medium well so everyone could enjoy it. Service from our waiter was slow and he disappeared after serving the main course and we never got the coffee or tea promised until we grabbed another server.
Worst banquet meal and service we have ever had. We do attend a lot of these convention banquets.
This was the worst experience we have had at a convention.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Clownswife
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The filet was cooked to medium rare as directed by the meeting planner but the other issues that you experienced should not have occurred and we truly apologize. We will share your comments with the front desk, housekeeping, and our banquet staff in hopes that we can learn what may have happened and prevent future recurrences. It is important to us to hear from our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,220)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Let me start with the pros - the room was nice/comfortable but the service was awful! I always do a full inspection of the room because if anything's wrong I want to report it right away. So I noted that the water bottle had already been opened. I wasn't sure if someone had drank out if it and refilled it, was going to drink it and saw the cost and changed there minds so there was no way I was touching it. Immediately I went back down and reported it to the front desk. They say "OK will we send another bottle up right away" never happened! Then later that evening after we returned from Speed Street we decided we wanted a snack. Well the mini fridge was locked - I called down and requested that it be unlocked..again NO ONE ever showed up.

I don't know what the problem was but I will never stay there again - not sure if my skin was too brown but my money was green!

2  Thank lenorab49057
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor follow up during your stay at our hotel. There is no excuse for this and we assure you we are researching how these items were missed. We truly appreciate your business and hope that the future will give us an opportunity to earn your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stay at this hotel quite often whenever I am in Charlotte. The service provided by this Omni is head and shoulders above the other hotels in this town, and quite honestly better than most Omni Hotels. I travel quite often for work and it is a pleasure to be greeted by the same people each time I come who remember your name. I notice other guests in the hotel are greeted in the same manner.
The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. The beds are the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on.
When I do not feel like heading out to dinner I can always count on a good meal at the restaurant - and the bar tenders that are there are the best.

Only thing holding back from 5 stars is the hotel does show its age - it is time to update the rooms!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice and clean. The pool area was also very nice--pool towels provided. Although we did not eat dinner at the hotel this trip, I have in the past and the food was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great location downtown Charlotte, Great Hotel. Clean with all of the bells and whistles. Epicenter is located across the street. Has direct access from the Hotel. Shopping, Dining and Movie Theatre. Walking distance to Time Warner Arena.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I made this reservation in June of 2013 for NASCAR weekend 2014. Hotel was beautiful, clean and friendly staff. Close to the activities of speed street. Excellent time. We parked underneath the hotel which was secure and easy to take the elevator right to the hotel lobby. Food in the restaurant was very good. My son especially loved the breakfast buffet which had an array of items to choose from.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was our first time staying here and we would definitely be back. We stayed there as part of a race week package. I never encountered so many friendly staff. The room was spacious and very clean and the breakfasts...omg, the best we ever had at any hotel. Cleaning staff were always so helpful and obliging, as was the concierge. The location is right in the middle of downtown and close to everything; but, if you are a light sleeper, this place might not be for you as the music from the clubs is ungodly loud til the wee hours (thankfully, I can sleep through anything lol). The hotel had a really nice patio that was nice to sit out on at night to wind down the day. Air conditioning worked fantastic! The only things I would bring up is that first, I wish they had was a complimentary shuttle to the hotel and second, the pillows were extremely soft, to the point it felt like I rolled up a sweater to lay my head on. Other than that, I would highly recommend this place and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple