“A Positive NOTE on 6/14/14”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #57 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I loved the young people outside the motor lobby/ML -- they were so helpful and friendly. Love the coffee maker -- good for tea making as well. Pillow was uncomfortable. Internet was good but nearly $10/day -- no free access area in the entire hotel for people just want to have a quick check of email. Nice workout area and poor area. Wonderful shower pressure, but terrible drain!! Wonderful free quality news papers (e.g. NYT or WSJ)!!! A future for reasonably priced bike rental (dare not use the word 'free')???

Reviewed 14 June 2014

There is no refrigerator or microwave in the room. On the weekend the noise from the surrounding bars etc is extremely Loud! couldn't sleep well on Saturday because of it. The bed was super comfy though

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Service was great and we were close to everything. Rooms are a little noisy when there are people in the hallways, but this was usually only in the early morning or late evening. Food and value were good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked this hotel for a one night stay to break up a long drive. The woman on the front desk who checked us in couldn't have been nicer and was very helpful. It was a really hot day and as soon as we checked in we wanted nothing more than to jump in the pool. It was bliss! (although they were a little short on fresh towels at the poolside and my husband and I had to share one) Our room was very big and the beds were extremely comfortable with some of the best pillows that I have ever slept on!
There was an event happening just up the street which was very noisy until around 11pm but I can't really blame the hotel for that! Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for one night and greatly enjoyed the location of how the hotel is in downtown Charlotte and lots of places were in walking distance. I did NOT enjoy the location of the hotel when it's next to a bar that had a band playing till 2 am and I could hear and understand the lyrics of every song that was played. Everything is expensive here too so be prepared.

Room Tip: Get a room that is away from any bars in the area.
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We drove to this Omni for a weekend convention. I liked the express check in option so on our drive I checked in online.
Our room key cards were to be on a board near the front desk and we would not have to check in with front desk staff.
Our key cards were not on the board as promised and we arrived about 45 mins past time we selected for check in due to heavy traffic coming into Charlotte.
I had to go to desk and check in normally so the express check in was worthless.
Also, you have to have a parking ticket validated for in and out access to the Bank of America parking garage.
Room was average, water pressure not great.
Shopping plaza under and around hotel was a nice plus.
We did have a spoiled creamer in our room as I saw someone else had mentioned in a review.
We attended a banquet in the hotel and the filet mignon was served very rare. Only browned on outside. My filet looked like a lump of meat and not the shape of a normal filet.
Our table all had very rare filet. I could not eat it and my husband ate mine. Should have at least been cooked medium to medium well so everyone could enjoy it. Service from our waiter was slow and he disappeared after serving the main course and we never got the coffee or tea promised until we grabbed another server.
Worst banquet meal and service we have ever had. We do attend a lot of these convention banquets.
This was the worst experience we have had at a convention.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Clownswife
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The filet was cooked to medium rare as directed by the meeting planner but the other issues that you experienced should not have occurred and we truly apologize. We will share your comments with the front desk, housekeeping, and our banquet staff in hopes that we can learn what may have happened and prevent future recurrences. It is important to us to hear from our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Let me start with the pros - the room was nice/comfortable but the service was awful! I always do a full inspection of the room because if anything's wrong I want to report it right away. So I noted that the water bottle had already been opened. I wasn't sure if someone had drank out if it and refilled it, was going to drink it and saw the cost and changed there minds so there was no way I was touching it. Immediately I went back down and reported it to the front desk. They say "OK will we send another bottle up right away" never happened! Then later that evening after we returned from Speed Street we decided we wanted a snack. Well the mini fridge was locked - I called down and requested that it be unlocked..again NO ONE ever showed up.

I don't know what the problem was but I will never stay there again - not sure if my skin was too brown but my money was green!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lenorab49057
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor follow up during your stay at our hotel. There is no excuse for this and we assure you we are researching how these items were missed. We truly appreciate your business and hope that the future will give us an opportunity to earn your confidence in our hotel.