“Nice hotel but could use a little updating”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Nice hotel but could use a little updating”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This a very nice 4 star hotel in a perfect location next to dining, shopping, and sports. Everything is within walking distance and very convenient. My room is very large and comfortable with great firm beds. The service is ok but it is frustrating having to use your room key to access the elevator. There is nothing wrong with the hotel but I have been staying here for over 10 years and it's starting to look a little dated. There are popcorn ceilings, country style beds and lamps, the TV stand is all scratched up, and the wallpaper looks outdated. With a little updating the hotel would be perfect but I still recommend this hotel if you are looking for affordable luxury.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Fort mill
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I went for my bachelorette party and nothing could go right in this hotel. We asked for early check in which should've been 10 am but didn't get into our room till 4pm then they told us we could wait at the pool and get some drinks, but they didn't inform us that their wasn't a bar tender so I called twice about by my answer was "i don't know, I just got here". Wow, way to be of help! Then we finally get to our suite and we couldn't use the whole suite yet because they were still cleaning it! Later on for dinner we made reservations at their own hotel, and found out the next day they over charged my friends credit card 10x the total price. I will never stay in this hotel again!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Thebeav12
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Omni Hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina was clean and pleasantly decorated. The staff members were friendly, cooperative, and professional. The room was large (two double beds) and accommodated me and my roommate well. The location of the hotel was convenient for getting to the Convention Center and visiting local restaurants and boutiques. I enjoyed my stay at the Omni and will stay there again when I am in Charlotte.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel was a good value for the price I paid. The location was great. I had no issues with hearing any noise (as others have). My only issue was I had problems with the hotel WiFi and I called the front desk several times, and each time was promised that I would get a return call. After I called the front desk three times, and still didn't get that return call with a resolution, I figured out the issue myself. If the front desk is telling their patrons they will call the guest back, that call should be made, and it just wasn't.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

charlotte, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great Location and Great Water Pressure in shower. This hotels needs a serious refurbishing which should be done very quickly. Slow toilet flush, had to hold handle for 60+ seconds. Bathroom door hinges rusted, entire door was peeling paint. Floor mats old. Linens old. The furniture was scarred. Poor value for rates paid. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Leslie M
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Rooms not ready when promised.Rooms were average.Food in restaurants was very good.Service was very good.Location was excellent.Close to everything downtown,restaurants,clubs,bars,sport venues,and the like.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel was very nice, but very expensive for a hotel. We got a price based on a wedding we were staying there for, but it is pricey. That being said, it is INCREDIBLY convenient to many, many restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends