“Customer service at it's finest”

Omni Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #38 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, United States
“Customer service at it's finest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is at an outstanding location in uptown Charlotte, NC. It is directly connected to the Epic center which houses several restaurants, bars and even a movie theatre. I stayed there for a convention at the convention center just 3 blocks away, but was also able to catch the train back and forth each day- also connected to the Epic center. HOWEVER, if you plan on staying on a Friday or Saturday, the noise from the bars were very loud. The staff tried to make up for this by providing some nice amenities in my room after I made one complaint with a nice note. It was excellent service, but I still had to deal with sleeping with noise, 2 of the 4 nights I was there. The staff is fantastic and top notch customer service. They offer online check which makes check in SUPER fast. I overall liked my stay, but didn't like the city noise, which is kinda out of their control!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Ridge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Everything I needed to make my stay perfect was provided for myself and others staying at the Hotel with me. The location of the Hotel was important to us and it was excellent right in the center of the city. We felt secure and any services we needed were attended to immediately.

Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff at Omni Charlotte are exceptional! You couldn't ask for a better location! We were here for a girls weekend and had a wonderful time. Anywhere we wanted to go was within easy walking distance. Our experience from the moment we entered the drive to the moment we left was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Bemidji, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a wonderful 3 nights at the Omni Hotel! I would recommend it to anyone coming to Charlotte! It was a beautiful facility and close to Convention Center. I was attending a convention at the Center. It was an easy walk to it. The rooms are beautiful and the staff was friendly and very helpful.

Lanham, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was a good hotel... but the bathroom had no fan and the room was small. The staff was great and the hotel is close to the conference center. Otherwise, I would not choose to stay there again. It was far too expensive for what we got.

1 Thank Kelsey C
Siler City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The room was comfortable and the staff was great. The hotel was close to everything. Walking distance to any type crusine you could possibly want. The breakfast buffet was actually pretty good. I normally find the hotel food to be over priced and not so good. I was pleasantly surprised. The only draw back was that we were in a room facing the pool on the back side of the Hotel and there was a band set up across the street that played well into 1:00 AM and it sounded as if they were in our bedroom. That was only Friday night. On Saturday there was a boxing match at the same location and was a lot less noise. The only thing we would do different would be to request a room facing the street to cut down on the late night noise activities on the roof top lounge and bar across the street. I also think the Omni should let you know on the website that the parking is additional.

Room Tip: Get your room on the street side to reduce noise from outside activities.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I came to this hotel for business travel (4 nights) and what a let down upon arrival. Personally, when I walk into a room, I want to see an inviting bed and room. Instead, when I walked in- I walked back in time. What an old, dated, musty room.I mean it feels musty! I mean c'mon Omni! For the amount of money you are paying, you expect to walk in and feel comfortable enough to relax. Instead, I didnt want to walk on the carpet without shoes or even sit on the chair. This hotel just looks and feels dirty. Let down. I did not look forward to going back to the hotel any day of the week.

That said- this is in a very central location. You can walk everywhere. However, I rather be further away and have a better room. The food is excellent. Dinner and Breakfast were both great.

Choose another hotel in the area if you have the option.

1 Thank Christina S