“Not the best place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North
Ranked #44 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 21 January 2014

When I return to the area on business, this will not be the place where I will stay. The cost is higher than what I would usually pay. There is no breakfast provided. There is smoking permitted in the hotel, the hallway on the 1st floor really smelled bad! If I have a choice in the future, I would prefer to stay at La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express the next time I come to Charlotte.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jr E

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The room was great but we didn't get clean bedding daily. With what we paid for the room,I would have expected clean bedding daily. Would think with a hotel such as the Hilton, clean sheets daily would be a given. Disgusting!!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Staff at Hilton Garden Inn in Charlotte North Carolina were very pleasant and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable and attractive. Business Center had everything I needed and and exercise room is very nice.

1  Thank Kathuryn G
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Very disappointed in makeshift bar area, breakfast area. Made you feel like they just through it all together and then charge you $10 for breakfast. Bar is not somewhere to relax and unwind at the end of the day. Hot Tub and Pool would have been a saving grace but they were both closed. Had I not bee so tired at check in I would have gone elsewhere

1  Thank Vickie S
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We received a very warm welcome the moment we arrived.

The room was good, however the bedding that is supposed to offer a variable comfort setting at the turn of a dial left one of the beds rock hard, very hard, or hard. The other bed's settings were similar, but for degrees of softness. A gimmick! With four of us included in the reservation, only three towels were in the room. When we called for an additional towel, we were asked to go to reception to collect one - surprising that one wasn't delivered to the room!

Dinner was simply amazing! Jamal, the waiter, was excellent. Very friendly and accommodating. The chef agreed to several special orders and all was cooked to perfection and presented well. Jamal was attentive to our needs, with a warm smile.

Breakfast was good, with a reasonable variety.

It was disappointing to find out that the pool heating was not working until we arrived as this was one reason we chose this hotel - so that our girls could burn up some energy after a long day in the car. The gym provided an alternative for our older daughter.

The hotel is convenient to the freeway system and offered good value for our overnight stay.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

generally the quality of hotel is good. I will propose to my friends when they come to US. The facility is very good except the Internet is slowly. But it's small thing for me. Anyway, thanks for your warm welcome and expect to have the next staying with you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tuong L
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel is an excellent value nice and clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and equipped with sleep number beds which are very comfortable. I would certainly stay here again and on my next trip I will

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business