“Wish we could have stayed longer!”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North
Ranked #43 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My son and I arrived in Charlotte very late in the evening and had to leave early the next morning, but our short stay at the hotel was enough to tell us that this Hilton Garden Inn is well-run. From the manager who helped me book my room, to the chipper front desk clerk who greeted us after midnight, we were well taken care of. Spic-n-span room, comfy bed and clean bathroom all made for an excellent experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte North

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place was awesome. Staff was great. No problems. Enjoyed room service. Pool and spa were excellent. Check in and check out were easy. Enjoyed both nights. Room had jacuzzi tub. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Facility is on par with typical HGI's i have stayed at. Food in restaurant and service was very good. unfortunately, the WiFi in this hotel is the worst I have stayed at in the last several years, which roughly equates to several hundred properties. I tend to average between 120-140 night annually in Hilton family properties.

As a frequent business traveler, I shouldn't need to rely on my personal Wifi hotspot in a hotel room. Absolutely atrocious.

Room Tip: Bring your own WiFi hotspot, otherwise you'll never be able to use the hotel's "free&qu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very nice location. You could get to everything but it was in a private setting. Room was very clean, staff who waited on us for breakfast were very courteous and helpful. The whole front desk staff had great customer service, great first impression!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our check-in was fast . Our room was clean and when you open the room door a wonderful room fragrance greets you. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool, but the pool area was clean and relaxing. The staff was very helpful. When checking in you must take notice of the card stating
you can adjust your bed to your own comfort. Had a very restful sleep each night. We had dinner
on evening at Bob Evens which is just across the entrance. We had breakfast our last day at
the hotel. The server on Sunday morning was great. Our food arrive as ordered. A nice stay during the 4th of July weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We've never been disappointed with Hiltons until now. First when I called reservation they booked me in the wrong hotel. I initally called to book a room near the carolina medical center. Not familiar with the area I didn't know there were several locations and the reservation desk didnt know either and said I was only walking distance from the hospital. Well it was 21 minutes away and across town. They wouldn't honor my husband's military discount that we always get. Now for the room:they have this new thing on the bed that is supposed to be better for you, well it was terrible. The only thing the knob did was sink the head portion of the bed down. The bed was hard and pillows were flat. The bathroom door would not close and the vent did not work. So after a terrible nights sleep; they don't even offer complimentary breakfast like all the other Hiltons I've ever been to.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank rftigers84
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Excellent place for light family gathering, for what ever the occasion. Staff was very informative and pleasant conversationalist. There were several places close by to visit and eat including a mall, all within walking distance. I was glad the hotel wasn't on an extemely busy street and was a little private. They had a couple of little spots on the primises that you could get away from everybody else. I liked that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family