We have stayed here 3 times, every time we go to Charlotte to see the Carolina Panthers play... and I always forget to review it. Since we have been there 3 times and it has almost been EXACTLY the same I am going to give you the pros and cons.
LOCATION, Location, Location- A little less than a mile away from everything, great for walking to the stadium, great for walking to several bars and attractions, directly across the street from the NASCAR hall of fame if that is more your thing...
ROOM Aesthetics- Spacious, not horribly tacky decor, and each room comes with a tiny microwave and mini-fridge which I love when I stay in a hotel. I am not sure why but I love knowing that its there in case we want it. In the bathroom they had bath and body works products which was nice.
Breakfast is really good downstairs but I found it a little pricey... I like my hotels to offer a free continental breakfast... this one offers $11.95 breakfast buffet (so this is a pro and a con)
THE BED SUCKS! I don't know if all the rooms have beds this bad but the last 2 times we stayed, they were terrible the first time we had a suite and it was very comfortable hmmmm... I am not sure how they go about changing the mattresses or what the deal is but we slept horrible. One half of the bed was no joke like sleeping on a blanket covered board, then the other half had a dent in the middle like is was molded for a hibernating bear to sleep in... Sleep is very important to me and on vacation I want to sleep well... I have stayed in several cheaper hotels and hotel brands that are rated lower than Hilton and never have I slept in beds that bad.
PARKING FEE: They charge you $10 a night just to park in their lot... and charge you to eat their breakfast... lots of extra charges in addition to the cost to stay the night... I believe that paying to stay at the hotel should include parking... silly me.
Overall the location makes it great but we will certainly look into a different place next year that has more comfy beds...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown hotel is in the major North Carolina banking and financial district close to: The Charlotte Convention Center, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Bank of America Stadium, Over Street Mall and the new Charlotte Bobcat Arena are all just blocks away. The uptown area is home to many fine restaurants, museums and shopping malls. Charlotte Douglas International Airport is only 9 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown Hotel Charlotte
- Hilton Charlotte
- Charlotte Hilton Garden Inn