“Quite a nice surprise”

Ranked #14 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Jefferson City, TN
“Quite a nice surprise”
Reviewed 25 April 2005

I was coming into Charlotte after dark and called to get directions, then called back later to ask about parking. Both times Leo was very helpful. I called again the next morning to get directions to the interstate and again was given easy directions. When I checked in some guys were giving the clerk a hard time, but the clerk quickly asked fellow clerk Leo to help me while clerk #1 politely worked with the problem visitor. Although I read another review about not having an elevator on level 5, Leo told me which doors to take on levels 4 and 5 to get to the inside elevators. The parking garage was a little scary at night by myself, but nothing happened. Inside the hotel the carpet looked run down, but the room was very nice and the bathroom was primo. The bed was very comfortable and I slept all night, which is unusual for me. So I had good and bad feelings before I got into my room but now I would recommend it to anybody and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
26 Thank bitshull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2004

I stayed here on a Saturday night following the NFC playoff game between the Carolina Panthers and Dallas Cowboys. My "Bounceback Weekend" rate (which included parking and full breakfast for 4) for a whirlpool suite was $134, and it was well worth it! The hotel is very convenient to Ericsson Stadium and most of uptown. Our 10-15 minute walk to and from the stadium was safe and not at all unpleasant. The hotel is very clean and well-maintained, and our suite was excellent.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was actually very good. I have no complaints about this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2003

This hotel has great potential, but falls short in a few areas. It's
very close to the convention center and seems to be a great value. I
had a beautiful whirlpool suite with kitchenette for $89 per night.
Tremendous Value! On the downside:
1) I parked on the fifth level and found there was no elevator. I
carried 4 pieces of luggage down the stairs to the lobby. There should
have been some warning about this. Not a real great welcome.
2) My key card quit working 3 times during my stay. Each time I went to
the lobby, I was greeted with apathy. The desk clerk asked my room
number and swiped the card - no verifying who I was. (Horrible security
blunder) No apology that my card quit. No comment like "we hope this
doesn't happen again" or "sorry for the inconvenience". Other times I
would swipe access doors 20-30 times before they would open.
3) Staff was generally indifferent. Two chatting desk clerks had to
finish their conversation before they could greet me at the desk one
day.
This could so easily be a 5 star in my opinion, but they dropped the ball so many times.

20 Thank huskersrtops
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 September 2003

Went to Charlotte for the Panthers/Steelers game Aug. 29. After a bad experience with another hotel, we wanted closer to the stadium. We found one here 4 hours before gametime for 75$ a night(less than four blocks from Ericsson stadium) We loved the hotel, friendly staff, beautiful rooms, and late checkout. If we come to charlotte again, I will definately stay here or somewhere Uptown.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 2 September 2003

This is not a fancy hotel, but the rooms are big and comfortable, fast internet is free, staff are friendly enough, and there is a place to get food to microwave in the room. It is located about 3 blocks from the center, that's about 8 minutes walk, and weather in Charlotte can be unpredictable. In that sense it could be better. Overall - good value, an okay place to stay. I will probably come back, without being overly ecstatic about it though.

16 Thank bg007