“#1 Best Hotel Experience Everytime!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #39 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Chicago, Illinois
“#1 Best Hotel Experience Everytime!”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Let me start off by saying that the staff at this location is exceptional! EVERYONE I have ever encountered has been friendly and helpful from the front desk to maintenance to even the managers I have had the pleasure of encountering. I was thrilled to see how involved the managerial staff was on the property, not hiding in the back but taking a hands-on approach to the property and ensuring a comfortable stay for guests. Specifically the AGM who in one day I found: working at front desk, helping the breakfast staff, driving shuttle, and more! Amazing dedication from everyone!

Recently coming from an extended stay in New York, I have learned to highly value the free-parking and quiet location of this property, which was still close to many conveniences including the airport and Walmart. (Can't say enough about the FREE shuttle -- or the free food for that matter! ;o) ). On that I would like to make a special note -- I am simply AMAZED by the integrity of the hotel structure, due to the fact that while swimming in the outdoor pool planes would fly overhead (pretty loud, but cool to watch!) but in the rooms -- absolutely no plane noise no matter the room or floor level! I was not the only guest who commented on this wonderful feature.

I would also like to make special mention of their pet policy. While it is not unlike many extended stay hotels, I sincerely appreciate having freedom to bring my dogs at a reasonable price! I don't know what I would do if I could not travel with my dogs!!! I can tell you one thing though -- I would NOT be staying at a hotel that did not allow them! ;o)

I can not say enough good about this property. I have in fact stayed here multiple times but this review has been a culmination of my reactions from the first stay, second, third... every stay! And you can bet I WILL BE BACK!!! Thank you staff at Homewood Suites!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
barronroberts, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Valued Guest (and dogs!) -

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your enthusiasm and positive comments! We take deep pride in everything that we provide here, but more importantly that our guests feel welcome and want to come back. I thank you very sincerely for your continued patronage to our property and I am so glad that all of our accommodations fit your lifestyle! Thank you also for your kind words concerning the hard work that the staff does, including myself. I take my position at this hotel very seriously and try to lead by example so everyone is working hard in every aspect of their own position to provide our customers with a comfortable, if temporary, place to feel at home. To succeed at this goal is to have done our jobs correctly! Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you (and your furry friends) back!

Barron Roberts
Visit us on @homewoodCLT on Twitter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This is by far the worst experience we have ever had in regard to staying in a hotel. I am a Hilton Honors member and this is the first time we have ever stayed in one of their properties and been so disappointed.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a broken light fixture lying on the fireplace hearth - safety hazard and not appealing or welcoming.

Our first room had no A/C - desk attendant thought the A/C unit might be in the process of being replaced. We were offered a discount. No amount of money would have compensated for the discomfort of 77 degrees. My husband told the attendant that he has allergies - we were offered a "smoking room". That definitely was not acceptable. The third room we were offered did have A/C but there was a large hole in the shower where the soap dish was missing and it was covered with a black plastic bag and electrical tape. There was gum on the floor next to the bed.

When we woke up this morning we noticed there wasn't a hair dryer. We were told the housekeeing crew would not be in until 8:00 - would that be okay - not at all, we are here for a training class. This was at 6:30 am.

This afternoon at 4:00 we talked with the manager about all the "issues". At 6:25 pm we still don't have a hairdryer.

This morning we were awakened by barking. This evening I saw the dog - a huge long haired dog was going down the hall. I have never encountered this at a Hilton property.

The business office is not accessible due to a broken door and the maintenance man is running shuttle.

What else could go wrong in a 24 hr. timeframe. Needless to say we are not comfortable at all. We have stayed here in the past, but this is not the atmosphere we were expecting.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank lch4755
barronroberts, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2011
Good Evening,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff here regarding your unfortunate situation. We constantly strive for perfection so I personally wanted to thank you for leaving feedback. We use these reviews as "report cards" for our hotel to improve our property in every way. On the note of improvements I would like you to know that the light fixtures were temporarily taken down, the soap dish being replaced, as well as the issues with the A/C units were all due to our recent renovation project that we had at the time in an effort to make improvements to the physicality of the property, but I regret to hear that the process of these replacements was unsightly and upsetting to you. More importantly however, I am sincerely sorry about the discomfort you experienced during the A/C replacements. The difficulty in renovations is that a hotel never sleeps, so it is hard to complete inconspicuously and without interference.

I apologize for the delay in getting the hairdryer, when we found out we sent someone to the store to buy one and this proved to take a bit longer than we both would have liked.
As an extended-stay property we offer a range of accommodations, one of which is that we are pet friendly. We have a designated section of our hotel for pets and their owners; however this does not eliminate their presence from non-pet bringing guests. We do have policies in place for these animals in an effort to reduce interference between both types of guests.

We have two multimedia locations, one in the lobby and then the more private business office. The door to the business office was broken and offered a challenge to open, though not impossible, but I do understand that a guest should not have to work to enter a community room and the problem with the door has been addressed.

Once again, on behalf of all of the staff at the Homewood we apologize for everything that you had to endure. I spoke with Jordan, one of our top agents, who also wanted to apologize that she was unable to accommodate. I regret that all of our options in lieu of these inconveniences were unable to satisfy and hope sincerely that in the future you allow us another chance to "welcome you home" and provide you with the comfortable stay you expect and deserve.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Derek Nixon, night auditor and Barron Roberts GM were amazing...made me feel right at home after hours of traveling along with delayed and canceled flights...turned an awful day into a great one in minutes. The room was super comfortable and clean and was exactly what i needed to rest after a long day of traveling..
Thank you Derek and Barron So very much.

Toula

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
barronroberts, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Ahhh yes Toula! I hope you had a safe trip. We were thrilled to have you stay with us even if it wasn’t planned. We try to accommodate in any way possible. Thank you so much for your kind words, you really flatter us. We look forward to seeing you again if you happen to be in the area. Have a wonderful day.
Franktown, Colorado
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Not sure when I will be traveling through Charlotte again, but if so, we will stay at the Homewood Suites again. Staff was VERY nice, meal offered a few nights a week was perfect after a flight, and breakfast was great. My mom and I stayed there both coming and going from the Virgin Islands and were very happy with our choice. Beds were very comfortable, room was quiet and very nice. Only complaint (minor) would be the busines center internet was very slow.

• Stayed May 2011
Good Afternoon Franktown,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate any and all feedback whether it is good, bad, or indifferent. I did want to address the internet issue with you, we have recently switched out internet provider and for a period of time there were some sketchy internet connections. I apologize that you were unfortunate enough to encounter that. You will be glad to hear that we are fully converted and we are in the process of installing full HD channels. Stay turned :) Thank you and have a wonderful day
Houston-Tx
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I spent three nights in this hotel. When I arrived I called the hotel and they came immediately to pick me up at the Charlotte Airport,NC. I stated to feel already comfortable with Keia Mack .
The check in was so easy, and my room excellent: a large bedroom with a nice TV, nice bathrooms with clean towels, nice toiletries, comfortable bed, AC, pillows(I miss them),breakfast has a lot of options (but is impossible to eat everything they offer, only if I had two stomachs), the drivers are so courteous, they make you fell like your friends driving your car (lol, yes!). They keep your time sharp in time. Let me talk about dinner that starts at 5:30 with a nice dish (the rice should be cook a little more, for me was a little raw), excellent wines (I like the red and the white), drinks, cool beers ( I saw people enjoying the drinks). They always ask you if you need something else. It's a quite place and close to everything. The Billy Graham Library is about 10 minutes away. Charlotte is a very nice place to stay at least three nights. I would stay only in this hotel in the future.I didn't post pictures because their website has plenty.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Celita Louback W
, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

I wanted to personally thank you for filling out a Service Counts survey for our hotel. We treat survey responses as our hotel's report cards, and it means a lot to myself and my entire team when our guests take the time to grade us. It was a pleasure having you in stay with us and I loved hearing about your time at the Billy Graham Library. I will pass along your kind words to the entire staff, especially Ms. Keia Mack. We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone. I hope to see you in the future!

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Assistant General Manager
Visit us on ----- or @homewoodCLT on Twitter barney@venture-consulting.com 704.357.0500
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I like Homewood Suites. This one is among the best I've stayed at.

The evening manager's dinner was quite nice (shrimp pasta and salad). The fitness centre was clean and well-stocked with towels, water, etc.

I had a suite, with kitchenette. Nice and quiet.

The staff was friendly at check-in. Overall, nice experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2011
Dear Guest,

I wanted to personally Thank you for your feedback. It means a great deal to myself and my staff. I am glad we were able to offer you with excellence service and will strive to continue our consistency of excellence!

If there is anything I can further assist you with please do not hesitate to call or email.

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Charlotte Airport

704.357.0500
barney@venture-consulting.com
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 January 2011

The hotel was Clean and well decorated, All of the employees were extremely courteous . just a great stay, I thought the hotel was brand new and on grand opening because it was operated that well. A great stay and is close to everything.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2011
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us on TA. We pride ourselves on the excellence in service and glad we were able to extend the same excellence to you.

Vista Host