Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
US$176
US$137
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$102
US$199
US$174
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
US$113
US$160
All reviewscharlotte airportfull kitchenhome away from homehilton brandan early flightbreakfast staffliving roomnext morningexcellent hotelthe shuttle driverking suitethe breakfast areafree breakfastexcellent staygreat place to stayfree shuttlefront desk staff
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here overnight since I had an evening flight into Charlotte and a morning flight out. Although physically near the airport, it's on the other side, and the van ride in and out takes a surprising amount of time. I timed it at 13 minutes from door to door. The location is not within walking distance of anything, If you come on a Friday-Sunday, or after their dinner hours, you will have to rely on their shuttle. The shuttle driver is nice, but there's only one of him, so you may be in for a wait. I wouldn't quite agree with their statement "The Homewood Suites Charlotte, North Carolina hotel is also set among a number of fine dining establishments and excellent recreational opportunities." You will need a car, or have to settle for one of the family restaurants or sports bar within the shuttle's 3-mile radius for meals other than breakfast (or limited Monday-Thursday dinner). Also, the airport shuttle seems to run every half hour during the day, and on call in the evening. Again, you may be in for a wait.
The place itself is nice. The bedroom part of the suite is quite small, but there's enough room in the living room to spread out. The bathroom is small as well, but at least the sink is outside, so one person can shave while the other showers. No major complaints, but the next time I overnight in CLT as I await my AM flight (I hate red-eyes), I'll look for a place more conducive to car-less guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

lebelgo,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay. We appreciate your feedback as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. Your valuable comments provide opportunities for improving our services and overall guest experience. We're glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise, and we hope you'll consider staying with us the next time you travel to Charlotte. Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

So I had not been to a Homewood Suites in a while, but the wife and I were in Charlotte for the ACC Championship game. We chose to stay here because it was convenient to the city but was not located in the heart of town where the hotels were gouging those who wanted to walk to the game. Plus they include breakfast as part of your stay

The room was great...very comfortable, well equipped and clean. Big bathroom, nice layout, and even though we were near the airport I did not notice the jets unless I focused on them.

The big problem - breakfast. So we were there on a Saturday night, while I expect that there is second string crew working on weekends we were extremely disappointed with the quality and quantity of food. You know how most breakfasts at hotels have more food spread out than anyone ever wants, but you appreciate that there is a lot of choice? Well, there was none of that. There were a few staples but very limited, the spread looked sparse. On top of that there was only one or two things in the hot trays - they were out of breakfast meat (one of the staff mentioned that he had dropped a tray of sausage, I appreciate that he told me but they were going to close the breakfast in a little while, how long was it going to take) and the precooked omelettes were dried out and not fresh. There was another steamer with nothing in it. So - what little they did have sucked and they were lacking some of the other choices (lots of breads, muffins, yogurt, bananas - they had none) that would suffice.

Adding to the problem was when I mentioned this to the staff person at check out she apologized but did not seem that interested. I mean, I have to go buy breakfast now - give me a credit on my bill or offer me something!

Would I give this hotel another try - perhaps, again the biggest thing to me is cleanliness and comfort of the beds and they do very well in this regard. But if you are going to offer breakfast, make it decent. There are a lot of hotels in the area and one big reason I chose this hotel was due to breakfast

Just noticed 828Mike's review and it is spot on. Attention to detail is missing here

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory S
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Fubarnole,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I sincerely apologize for your disappointment in the breakfast service during your stay. Your valuable comments provide many areas we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay otherwise and found the cleanliness of our accommodations to meet your satisfaction. We hope you'll return to see our improvements so we can provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The staff at this hotel have it going on. They were all friendly and welcoming......like they really wanted me there. The breakfast staff were most cheerful and welcoming as well. The beds were great, I slept like a baby. This was a convenient location to where I needed to be. I have to travel there at least 1 time a month so I know where I will be staying from now on.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

connie8671,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing feedback from your stay with us at Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport. We have a great team of dedicated associates that make sincere hospitality their priority. We're pleased to hear that our staff's excellent service, combined with our convenient location and comfortable accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. Please continue to make us your number one choice hotel for your monthly travels to the area. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Hotel was very clean and suites were well kept! Staff was extremely helpful and very attentive to any of my needs. Complimentary breakfast was above average and was a nice change from other hotels I have stayed at. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Mike P,
Thank you for your review and high recommendations of Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport. We're happy to have had you as our guest while traveling on business, and we're glad our clan accommodations, friendly staff, and complimentary breakfast selection perfectly suited your travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked two one-bedroom suites for the ACC championship game. Positives include friendliness at the front desk and overall cleanliness of the property. The biggest challenge, and I experienced this last year as well, was that the breakfast was not well-maintained - overflowing garbage containers, food not being replenished on time and the coffee was empty until two other employees came to get coffee and saw it was out. Then it was refilled. But the overflowing garbage containers were not touched. I'm a former hotel manager and it was all I could do to not get up from breakfast to help out. Additionally, I used the exercise room and noticed there were no towels. I called the front desk and asked if someone would deliver towels, but during my 45 minute workout nobody came with towels. Overall, the property was well-maintained and clean and the rate is good on the weekend, so I would recommend it. More attention to detail and this would be an excellent property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 828Mike

828Mike,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay during the ACC championship game. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially on opportunities for improving our guest experience. Please know I have shared your comments with our team in an effort to better our hotel and ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. I'm delighted to hear that our friendly staff and clean accommodations met your satisfaction. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future. Thank you again for writing.