“A nice property that tried.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #39 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had a group there and rented 8 rooms. Despite telling them in advance we were on the way, they ran out of food for awhile at the dinner. It took a while, but they did set out more food. Meanwhile, I was trying to check our group in, and I was in line for 20 minutes (not exaggerating). I don't know what was going on with the person in front of me, but it was a situation. I just stood there. The front desk person could have or should have done something to communicate with me or help me check in. Finally, a manager came forth and checked in. Even that took 10-15 minutes.

I go up to my room and the door is open, and I smell paint. The front door had been painted. I called the front desk. They moved us and brought keys up a few minutes later. This was the 3rd problem I noticed in getting checked in and eating dinner.

On a positive note, a manager there arranged for us to go to a nearby hotel for a swim. Even this was imperfect. When reserving the rooms for our group, I asked about the pool. Their outdoor pool wasn't open. I was told we could be shuttled to a nearby hotel. The staff was not aware of this. A manager worked it out, and a staff person from the other hotel graciously hosted our group as we filled up the pool area.

The rooms were fine. There were some glitches. It seemed some of these things could have been avoided, but we were a large group. The staff did show persistence, and they were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

SWVA_Traveler,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. Your comments help us to evaluate and improve the service we provide our guests. I'm pleased to know our staff was friendly throughout your stay and persistent in their efforts to correct the issues you experienced. We value you as our guest and we hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a great time.The hotel was neat and clean but the best part was the staff. Tony and Ariel went above and beyond their duty to make our stay comfortable. The food and service was excellent. We have traveled a lot in the past few years but have not stayed in a Hilton Hotel in a while but because of this experience I will stay at a Hilton Hotel if at all possible on future tripps. I hope they will all have staff as friendly and helpful as Tony and Ariel.

Phoebe D,
Thank you for reflecting on your time with us at Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport. We're glad you had a great weekend getaway, and we're thrilled to know our staff played a large part in your experience. Tony and Ariel share a genuine passion for exemplary customer service, which leads them to enhance each guest experience. I look forward to commending their efforts and sharing your kind comments with our entire team. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My room had a very weak wi-fi signal and I could not get my work accomplished at night. Kept getting booted from wi-fi. Also the towel rack came partly off the wall. Staff was nice, but could use some upkeep. Food was average.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Robert G,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. We appreciate hearing from you on opportunities for improvement and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of providing the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. I am sorry for the frustrations you encountered with the Wi-Fi and will be certain to address your concerns with our internet provider in order to prevent such occurrences in the future. We value you as our guest and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had poor breakfast each day for 4 days and it only got worse. Wish I had picked a hotel closer to other food options and activities. Most of the hotel staff was excellent but not the breakfast attendants. Not sure on Dinner since we didnt attend. Pool was closed but overall the hotel was very nice and close the airport. Room was great.

Kalun M,
Thank you for writing. We're glad our accommodations met your satisfaction and our close proximity to the airport added convenience to your travels. It's unfortunate to hear about your poor breakfast experience. I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations and hope to hear from you directly so I may better understand how we can improve our services and offerings. We value your business and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Breakfast was not ready at the time scheduled, either day, and on Saturday morning there was not coffee until after 7:30. Staff seemed to have a lackadaisical attitude about it, and did not address the people waiting why the delay or how long it would be

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Paul S,
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry we didn’t provide the high level of customer service that you deserve during breakfast. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your feedback assists us on opportunities for improvement. We do hope you’ll give us another opportunity to soon to make your stay the best it can be. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is close to Carowinds. The only issue I had is the hotel is too close to the airport and I am a light sleeper. I was The customer service was great! The pool here is outdoors and you may want to call and see if it's operable because during my stay, the pool had no water in it. They may have been cleaning it during our stay. I have stayed here in the past and the pool was open.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Laketria G,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay at Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport. Our team takes pride in the level of service they provide and I look forward to sharing your kind comments. I apologize for the noise you experienced from the airport. We value your business and hope to welcome you back in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Excellent Hotel served by the nicest team.
Got to the Hotel at 2pm for a flight the following morning.
They guys organised to drop me with the shuttle bus to a local hostelry where a band was playing and others to train station so they could go downtown.

Room Tip: Suite was like an apartment
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

David C,
We’re happy to have been a part of your travels and thank you for sharing feedback from your stay at Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport. I look forward to commending our team on their excellence in service and hospitality. We’re glad you had an excellent stay and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.