We had a group there and rented 8 rooms. Despite telling them in advance we were on the way, they ran out of food for awhile at the dinner. It took a while, but they did set out more food. Meanwhile, I was trying to check our group in, and I was in line for 20 minutes (not exaggerating). I don't know what was going on with the person in front of me, but it was a situation. I just stood there. The front desk person could have or should have done something to communicate with me or help me check in. Finally, a manager came forth and checked in. Even that took 10-15 minutes.
I go up to my room and the door is open, and I smell paint. The front door had been painted. I called the front desk. They moved us and brought keys up a few minutes later. This was the 3rd problem I noticed in getting checked in and eating dinner.
On a positive note, a manager there arranged for us to go to a nearby hotel for a swim. Even this was imperfect. When reserving the rooms for our group, I asked about the pool. Their outdoor pool wasn't open. I was told we could be shuttled to a nearby hotel. The staff was not aware of this. A manager worked it out, and a staff person from the other hotel graciously hosted our group as we filled up the pool area.
The rooms were fine. There were some glitches. It seemed some of these things could have been avoided, but we were a large group. The staff did show persistence, and they were friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a home away from home with abundant, comfortable indoor space and fun outdoor amenities without the required maintenance. You've found it in Homewood Suites by Hilton® Charlotte Airport hotel in North Carolina, located only 3 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport.Enjoy apartment-style suites, lush landscaping, a swimming pool and commercial grills near the courtyard. Consider dining alfresco during the daily, hot full breakfast and evening dinner with drinks* served Monday through Thursday. Unwind by practicing on the putting green using our golf balls and putters, or working out in the local fitness center. During the colder months, sip a cup of coffee or hot tea in front of the double-sided fireplace in the lobby.Select from 102 one- or two-bedroom suites for corporate housing, extended stays or weekend getaways. Surf the internet with complimentary WiFi. Give us your grocery list and we will stock your full-sized refrigerator. Use our convenient complimentary airport shuttle service.Enjoy convenient access to AT&T, Goodrich, Premier and Compass. Close to downtown and Historic Southend, this Charlotte hotel features the Douglas Conference Room for 60 attendees. Plan a smaller meeting in the executive boardroom that accommodates 20. Visit the Billy Graham Library, Bank of America Stadium, EpiCentre, Nascar Hall of Fame or Carowinds Theme Park for local entertainment. Look no further than the Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport when considering Charlotte hotels near the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Charlotte Airport / Coliseum Hotel Charlotte
- Homewood Suites Charlotte Airport
- Homewood Charlotte
- Hilton Charlotte
- Charlotte Homewood Suites
- Charlotte Hilton