All reviews front desk charlotte airport social hour two bedroom suite full kitchen home away from home hilton brand an early flight next morning the shuttle driver great place to stay excellent stay stayed one night free breakfast free shuttle the breakfast area yogurt
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We needed a place to stay for one night with our 20 lb dog near the Charlotte airport and this worked well. The staff was very kind and helpful. As we checked out I needed a bag of ice (long story) and the woman managing the breakfast area immediately offered to help me. She produced plenty of ice, in a secure bag, within a few minutes - she was fantastic.The front desk clerk helped us with the airport shuttle and there was a grassy area that was easy to access for dog walking. (She barked a little around 3:30am and thankfully no one asked us to leave.) The kitchenette in the room was also used because we had Panera sandwiches to re-heat from lunch leftovers. Not a vacation destination type of hotel but was great for what we needed for the night, and we left after a delicious breakfast (waffles with fresh strawberries).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

We're excited to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. It's great to know that you had a pleasant time, and we're glad to have been a part of your trip. I'm delighted to learn that you found our associates kind and helpful; I will be sure to share you kind feedback. Please make plans to visit us again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Perfect place to stay for a large family. Room was spacious and fit our family of 6 perfect. Full kitchen was perfect for our needs. The pool area was great for our kids and we even used the BBQ grills for dinner poolside on night. The food was also excellent. One of the better free hotel breakfasts I have had in quite a while. And if you stay during the weekdays a dinner buffet is free Mon-Thurs. Very happy with our choice to stay here.

Room Tip: The two bedroom rooms are at the very end of the hall and pretty isolated.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our spacious rooms, pool and ample breakfast. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The smell of smoke all over this hotel is so disgusting. Please train your shuttle drivers better. Some of them are clueless. Picking up one customer upstairs then goes all around the airport to pick one up downstairs. Both travelers are waiting & much time is wasted going around & around in the traffic. I would have gone upstairs to meet him if only it was communicated what his intentions were. Ridiculous waste of time for customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank nancy m

Dear Nancy M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the odor you encountered during your stay, and we’re taking steps to make sure it won’t happen again. We know that travel can be stressful, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you’ll stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a Hilton Honors Gold Member who stays at numerous Hilton Properties throughout the year. I normally have great experiences..
This was not one of them.

I checked in at 11:30 and the clerk told me that property was oversold by 2 rooms. I had booked a non smoking room but all they had left were smoking rooms. There were no non smoking options.

As I didn't want to look for another hotel I took the room available. The clerk tried to make the best of a bad situation and offer me a better rate, bonus points and a drink from the pantry. This was a kind gesture but not comforting when I awake and can't breathe because I'm stuffed up and my clothes for the week smell like smoke.

A+ for the staff

C for the property

Nothing other than providing a non smoking room would have satisfied me.

Beware!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MuskokieinOkie
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are glad you stayed with us and appreciate your business. I’m so sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your non-smoking request. I appreciate you acknowledging that our associates were sincere and responsive by offering a discounted rate, additional bonus points and a complimentary beverage. We appreciate our guests taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback both positive and opportunities for improvement. I know that we missed the mark this stay, but we hope to host you again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I got stuck overnight in Charlotte thanks to bad weather and ended up at this hotel. I chose it because it had an airport shuttle as well as complimentary breakfast. Overall, I was very satisfied. the room was large, nice, quiet, and clean. There is a pantry near the lobby where you can pick up complimentary toothpaste and other travel essentials you might need when you are stranded overnight without your luggage, and the breakfast options were plentiful and of expected quality. The shuttle ran every hour to and from the airport, which was about a 10-15 minute ride away. The only hiccup I experienced was that I am a non-smoker, and when I arrived after midnight, I was told that there were no more non-smoking rooms available. Not surprising since a TON of people had late evening flights cancelled and lots hotels were booked solid. If having a non-smoking room is important to you (or for that matter, if you are a smoker and having a smoking room is important to you), then definitely confirm that when you make the reservation. (I did not, so shame on me.) On the bright side, although I could tell it was a smoking room, it wasn't very strong, and I didn't have any residual smell in my hair or clothing after checking out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Jane H,

Thank you for your kind review! We’re pleased to hear our clean spacious room, free breakfast and airport shuttle made for an enjoyable stay after getting stuck at the airport; I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. My apologies that our non-smoking rooms were not available. It was a pleasure to host you. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.