“Review Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #39 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A few minor problems were found on check-in, these were taken care of by the front desk staff by simply moving me to another room. Overall my stay at the Homewood Suites was a comfortable stay. It also was a base location for my meeting sights I the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Todd S,

We are happy to hear from you and glad to know you enjoyed your stay. My sincere apologies for the frustration you experienced upon check-in; but I’m thrilled to know that our associates were responsive and accommodating. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel was convenient to hwys and had a free shuttle to and from the airport.We were able to leave our car parked at the hotel for a small daily fee.The breakfast bar was very nice.I wish it would have been served earlier due to our early flight however.There were several restaurants within a mile of the hotel.All very nice and reasonably priced.The first room we were assigned to on the first floor had a smokey smell and had older but adequate decor.I requested a different room and was very pleased with the second floor room.It was more updated and reflected the pictures shown on the website.The space was great.Shuttle service was fantastic.Location felt very safe and quiet.Overall I would recomment this hotel.Just hope they can get all the rooms on track with the smoke smell.My shuttle drivers coming and going were fantastic and really helped our trip flow well.

Room Tip: Book no smoking.Second floor did not have smoke smell but first floor did.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Laurie G,

I’m so glad you enjoyed our hotel and amenities! Incredible reflections like yours allow us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay; there is no better compliment than a return visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The accomodations for this hotel are surprisingly nice. The rooms are spacious and VERY well equipped with a kitchen range, full sized fridge, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine, pots and pans and a toaster! The Wifi and AC are good. There is also a buffet style breakfast and dinner which is passable but nothing to shout about. The buffet is usually attended by a VERY affable and welcoming fellow named Ariel who is quick to make sure your desires are tended to.

Getting to the rooms, however, is another story.

I believe the entire building was designed by a mental-ward escapee. The corridors are maze-like! Some are so long I thought I'd turn the corner to see the twins from The Shining waiting for me. So if walking is an issue for you, I recommend getting ground floor or something very close to the ONE (and very slow!) elevator.

The location is great for those traveling for business. There are MANY restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose first floor or something close to the ONE elevator if you don't want to do a lot of walki...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Claudia G,

We're glad to hear from you, and appreciate your review. I’m delighted to see you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. I will share your kind comments with Ariel. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. It is sincere feedback like yours which allows us to positively impact future guest experiences.

Cassandra Seal

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We needed a place to stay for one night with our 20 lb dog near the Charlotte airport and this worked well. The staff was very kind and helpful. As we checked out I needed a bag of ice (long story) and the woman managing the breakfast area immediately offered to help me. She produced plenty of ice, in a secure bag, within a few minutes - she was fantastic.The front desk clerk helped us with the airport shuttle and there was a grassy area that was easy to access for dog walking. (She barked a little around 3:30am and thankfully no one asked us to leave.) The kitchenette in the room was also used because we had Panera sandwiches to re-heat from lunch leftovers. Not a vacation destination type of hotel but was great for what we needed for the night, and we left after a delicious breakfast (waffles with fresh strawberries).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

We're excited to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. It's great to know that you had a pleasant time, and we're glad to have been a part of your trip. I'm delighted to learn that you found our associates kind and helpful; I will be sure to share you kind feedback. Please make plans to visit us again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Perfect place to stay for a large family. Room was spacious and fit our family of 6 perfect. Full kitchen was perfect for our needs. The pool area was great for our kids and we even used the BBQ grills for dinner poolside on night. The food was also excellent. One of the better free hotel breakfasts I have had in quite a while. And if you stay during the weekdays a dinner buffet is free Mon-Thurs. Very happy with our choice to stay here.

Room Tip: The two bedroom rooms are at the very end of the hall and pretty isolated.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our spacious rooms, pool and ample breakfast. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The smell of smoke all over this hotel is so disgusting. Please train your shuttle drivers better. Some of them are clueless. Picking up one customer upstairs then goes all around the airport to pick one up downstairs. Both travelers are waiting & much time is wasted going around & around in the traffic. I would have gone upstairs to meet him if only it was communicated what his intentions were. Ridiculous waste of time for customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Nancy M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the odor you encountered during your stay, and we’re taking steps to make sure it won’t happen again. We know that travel can be stressful, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you’ll stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a Hilton Honors Gold Member who stays at numerous Hilton Properties throughout the year. I normally have great experiences..
This was not one of them.

I checked in at 11:30 and the clerk told me that property was oversold by 2 rooms. I had booked a non smoking room but all they had left were smoking rooms. There were no non smoking options.

As I didn't want to look for another hotel I took the room available. The clerk tried to make the best of a bad situation and offer me a better rate, bonus points and a drink from the pantry. This was a kind gesture but not comforting when I awake and can't breathe because I'm stuffed up and my clothes for the week smell like smoke.

A+ for the staff

C for the property

Nothing other than providing a non smoking room would have satisfied me.

Beware!

Stayed: July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are glad you stayed with us and appreciate your business. I’m so sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your non-smoking request. I appreciate you acknowledging that our associates were sincere and responsive by offering a discounted rate, additional bonus points and a complimentary beverage. We appreciate our guests taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback both positive and opportunities for improvement. I know that we missed the mark this stay, but we hope to host you again.