“Horrible customer service/lack of professionalism”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Ranked #36 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“Horrible customer service/lack of professionalism”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We had a reservation at the Hilton w6e booked through a third party. When we arrived we were informed we would need a debit card for incidentals. Once we finally got money transferred to our bank card they refused to accept it. Ive used this card at this same hilton in the past.It's now 1 am and we have 3 small children in the car. We ask for a refund and they refuse to give us one. The girl at the front desk (Malika or marrisa?) started yelling at us stating we wouldn't be getting a refund and hung up on us. This is the worst service I have ever received at a Hilton hotel and we use them often. I can't imagine how it's acceptable to charge for a service or good and refuse to perform it. I can say personally of something goes wrong this hotel cannot handle it in a professional manner.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Tiffany H,

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had at our property. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. When booking through a third party it is hotel policy to require a credit card for incidentals. I apologize that this was not explained to you properly and it will certainly be addressed with our team. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with excellent service.

Cassandra Seal,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Supply
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had never stayed at a Homewood Suites before but found it to be a great experience. The breakfast Sunday morning was a bit crowded and the food a little slow coming out but the staff was friendly and helpful. would definitely visit again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Eddie H,

I’m so glad you enjoyed our hotel and amenities! Incredible reflections like yours, which highlight strengths and areas for improvement, assist us in delivering a pleasant experience. I will share your kind remarks with the team. Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel, and we hope to host you again soon

Jacksonville,Fl
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My suite was like a apartment with outside private door and can park car at door . Clean spacious and oh so relaxing suite . Great full breakfast . Quite hotel . Polite efficient staff . Updated rooms and quality linens . A nice evening meal complete with wine was also complementary .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Jacksonville-7,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our associates; they work hard to deliver superior service. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

The Villages, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Concept is good but the staff is rude, cleanliness leaves much to be desired, ants are not pets and phone reception does not work unless outside. Staff does not care, blames management and management does not listen to customers.

Cynthia G,

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Cassandra Seal,
Seneca, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very Friendly staff, Very Clean rooms, Fantastic Breakfast and Managers Dinner, The bed was perfect for a good night sleep, many choices of Pillows, Many choices for breakfast and always a nice meal at the end of the day with wine and beer to relax after a long day of work

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Cheryl G,

We are happy to hear from you and glad to know your stay was pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your recommendation serves as encouragement to our associates who genuinely care about providing each guest with an enjoyable stay. We look forward to a return visit.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is probably the best hotel stay I have ever had. I could not even wait to leave before writing a review. I am on my last night of stay in my room and I felt compelled to tell how awesome my stay has been. I have been here for a training and from day one I have been totally impressed. The staff are super friendly without seeming fake an just for show, they will actually stop and talk with you if you have time.

I saw a few reviews about how bad the noise was because of being by the airport. I have no idea what part of the hotel their room was at, or if they were talking about when you are outside, but if they were talking about inside then they were wrong. The other people in my training class and I have talked about everyday how it is amazing that we can not hear AT ALL the planes from inside our rooms and outside you almost have to scream at each other when they go by. The rooms are so soundproofed I was unaware of a severe thunderstorm going on outside on my first nights stay. That is just something you will have to see for yourself.

If I had any complaints they would be that there are really no good smoking areas for when it is raining without the smoker getting wet to get there. Also I noticed the past few nights that the night dinner staff seem to have attitudes. These complaints were not enough though to keep me from 100% recommending this location to anyone I can.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
MB3690,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. We look forward to a return visit.

Cocoa Beach, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

There is not one negative about this hotel. Family friendly. the managers special in the evening and breakfast in the morning was worth the extra cost for the stay. Suites are large enough for my family to spread out and not feel like we are tripping over each other.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Brian S,

Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority; I’m glad you enjoyed our spacious room and ample breakfast. It’s good to know we were well suited to your family travels. Reflections like yours allow us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host your family again soon.

Cassandra Seal, GM