“Darryl C”

Ranked #125 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Charleston, South Carolina
“Darryl C”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ok so being that this hotel didn't cost very much me and my fiancé wasn't expecting 5star treatment. so with that being said we also didn't stay during the day we was out but when we returned during the night I mean I didn't hear any loud noises we were fine we slept good and enjoyed our night so I advise if your stuck up trying looking for 5star treatment don't be cheap go to the marriot or so because your not getting that here..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kade d
knightsinncharlottea, Webmaster at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad we met your needs during your stay with us. We focus on providing a solid guest experience. While we may not be a five-star hotel, we do indeed provide quiet, clean rooms at great prices, as you now know. I hope you will stay with us again in the future when your travel needs bring you to the area.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel was terrible, like many others who have reviewed it my girlfriend and I weren’t expecting five star treatment but there are no words that can describe the Knights Inn in Charlotte other than TERRIBLE. To begin with they are deceitful as to how close to the airport they are. At 3.5 miles it is not a long drive, but be warned cab rides will run you $20 to get to the airport or the closest uptown destination. The linens were in poor condition, the pillows were flat and lumpy, and our blankets (in a non-smoking room) had cigarette burns on them. The bathroom floor tiling was unfinished, the tub had rust and mold marks that were clearly painted over with a thin coat of white paint, and the lid of the toilet basin didn’t fit properly. Be wary of the continental breakfast, when we arrived to eat there were slices of white bread with no toaster, waffle batter, a faulty waffle maker that didn’t fully cook the waffles, and room temperature Kool-Aid. After the first day of our stay we ate breakfast elsewhere. Upon the conclusion of our stay the taxi driver informed us that the neighborhood the hotel is located in is not the best area of Charlotte. I believe this to be the root of many of the problems. Since many of the people who were staying there appeared to be “tenants” and not “guests” the hotel was treated as their property as opposed to shared space. During our three night stay both the police and fire departments were called to deal with unruly patrons, people were coming in and out of rooms while partying, and there were many loud and inappropriate conversations at all hours of the evening. The worst experience we shared was having an anonymous person call our room asking inappropriate questions directed to my girlfriend; management moved us to another room but it should be noted it was done very reluctantly. In summary, though this hotel may be cheap I found it to be unsafe, unsanitary, and dissatisfying. I will no longer use any Knights Inn locations and would suggest the same to anyone else, more importantly if you are traveling alone (especially women) this particular location is not a smart or safe choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank VDBLOA
knightsinncharlottea, Webmaster at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback. We strive to satisfy every guest, no matter the age, gender or how long the stay is. While we thank you for finding the property acceptable enough to stay three nights, we sincerely apologize that we did not completely meet your expectations. We are constantly improving this property and the guest experience and will take all your comments into consideration as we make changes. Again, I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Thought we would stay at a cheaper hotel for the drag races knowing it wouldn't be the nicest of places but omg this dump was horrible!!! dirty shower dirty sheets clothes rack hanging off the wall could see sunlight coming thru the gap in the door which also had pry marks where it had already been broken into! went back to the office got my money back and found a room at the Hilton Garden inn 10 minutes away...might be a good place if you pay by the hour!!

Room Tip: dont stay in one
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
knightsinncharlottea, Webmaster at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for visiting our hotel. I’m sorry you couldn’t spend the night with us. I apologize sincerely if you found our accommodations unacceptable in any way. We strive to provide a great combination of quality and value. While many are pleased with what we provide, I’m genuinely sorry that you were not. We use all comments to help us improve, however, so we will keep this message on file.

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I am about to give as real and as truthful a review about this hotel as possible so here goes.I booked this hotel because I wanted to spend my money shopping instead of sleeping so I was under no illusions about the accommodations. This hotel is more of a residency hotel for people who appear to be a bit down on their luck and this can happen to anyone at any time in this economy so no one has a right to judge. The staff is excellent, if something is is wrong they fix it in a swift and timely manner and they are cheerful and kind which speaks volumes considering their clientele.If you are uppity this is not the place for you but if you have no problem with the masses of humanity you will like it here. I liked the natural feeling of the place and the interactions with the people who live here and I will return. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marsha D
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your sincere comments. I’m very glad you found staying with us a pleasant experience and will be returning. We serve hundreds of people each month, and most people are completely satisfied, as you are. Our goal is to reach the point where all customers are 100 percent satisfied, and I believe we get closer to that goal every day.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

If this is an example of the Knights Inn chain, I will never stay at another one. Multi-night reservation ended after the first night. The pictures on the website are not indicative of the state of the property. The non smoking room was dirty and smelled strongly of smoke and there were burn marks on the AC unit and bathtub from smoking material. We were awakened several times overnight with people arguing outside and had someone knock on our door (who quickly left when they heard our dog bark). There were cars driving through the parking lot all night, making it impossible to get a good nights rest. We chose not to take advantage of the free continental breakfast due to concerns about cleanliness. I did not feel safe and would not have walked around the property alone after dark citing the high likelihood of illegal activity taking place on the property. The experience was bad enough that I intend to contact the corporate office.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your stay with us. We use all comments to get better, and we’ll keep your comments on file. We’re a family-friendly hotel with a high commitment to cleanliness and the safety of our guests. We have dozens of people who stay with us each week, and most are completely satisfied. I sincerely apologize that you were less than 100 percent satisfied, and we welcome any additional feedback you have about your experience. Our goal is always satisfaction.

Earlville, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had no toliet paper or coffee, yet we had a toilet and coffee pot. Breakfast was very limited. Many people are actually living at the hotel. But it close to the highway and we got off the road.

Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We do have some long-term guests who find the combination of value, comfort and convenience we offer to be above average. I’m very sorry if there were items that weren’t available in your room, but a quick call to office could have corrected that. In any case, I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short of meeting your expectations.