All reviews bank of america stadium football stadium full kitchen front desk two bedroom suite free shuttle within walking distance mile radius boa stadium parking garage shuttle service marriott brand each evening complimentary breakfast hotel guests great place to stay yogurt
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I spent 4 days, in a business trip, at this hotel. They have excellent service and the hotel is very clean. They have a very convenient buffet breakfast with a nice variety of options. The hotel is very close to a great number of restaurants and downtown and the convention center. Only 20-30 minutes away from the airport ($25 by taxi). Only negative aspect of this hotel (and this is not the hotel's fault) is that there is construction across from the hotel and the noice is at times considerable.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

I was so pleased to read your positive review on our property. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next business trip.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Everything about this Hotel was excellent. From the reservation process to checkout every Marriott employee was polite, sincere and most importantly made sure that my needs were satisfied. The downtown location is within walking distance to all the restaurants, museums and is directly across the street from the new Park and literally next door to the Carolina Panthers stadium. Room amenities were great with very comfortable beds, large flat screen televisions and a full kitchen. I commented that one could comfortably live there permanently. The complimentary breakfast was very good and had a large variety to choose from. Parking was easy and convenient with a good system to get in and out. I would highly recommend this hotel for overnight or extended stays.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Royce F

Thank you for your comments. I am very thankful that you had a great stay and found our property to be both convenient and comfortable. We hope that you can return soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I love Marriott especially the residence Inn's. We only stayed one night. This Residence Inn was one of the nicest I have ever seen. Very clean, wonderful breakfast, real eggs, old fashioned cooked oatmeal. Awesome place. We were travelling through and stopped to attend the NASCAR race. I really wanted to let my spouse go to the race alone and stay at the hotel. We were able to check in early so we could get to the speedway and it was so nice to get back to a clean comfortable bed late at night and get a good night's sleep. I wish I had spent my entire vacation in a place this nice. I always pick Marriott when I can because all Marriotts are non smoking and I can't breath around smoke, but this place was spectacular. Thanks Marriott.

Room Tip: I do not think you can go wrong at any Marriott. This place was first rate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Uptown property. We do pride ourselves on being friendly, clean and helpful. We truly enjoy providing a great stay for our guests. Please stay with us again next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

As a Marriott Gold Member, this experience will rate as one of our top ten hotel stays ever. Walk to nearby museums (check out the free Wells Fargo Museum), stroll through the park, grab a cocktail at Emeril's E2 or choose a restaurant from the front desk's ample menu selection and their free shuttle will take you there. Tuesday through Thursday join the free reception with beer and wine and finger food or order a premium item from their reasonably priced bar. Their gym has twice the equipment you would expect and you will need it to work off their amazing Free Breakfast Buffet with hot items freshly prepared, waffle bar, fruits, pastries just Great! The staff goes out of their way and so will I in the future go out of my way just to stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose the view of the park if available.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I can't tell you how pleased I was to read your review. I am overwhelmed that you would rate our property so high. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a pretty nice Residence Inn with great rooms for the price.

Pros:
Great location and ample parking
Nice rooms with full kitchen and amenities
Pretty Quiet for a city high rise
Excellent Staff - friendly and helpful

Cons:
Not much of a restaurant, not enough seating for breakfast
Sketchy folks hanging in bar area and out front on Saturday night
Rooms have pull out so good for families, but 1 bathroom for whole suite and it's in Master
Breakfast not so good

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up away from the bar area (i.e. not 1 floor up from bar)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family