All reviewsbank of america stadiumfootball stadiumfull kitchenfront desktwo bedroom suitefree shuttlewithin walking distancemile radiusboa stadiumparking garageshuttle servicemarriott brandeach eveningcomplimentary breakfasthotel guestsgreat place to stayyogurt
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed November 9-11, 2013, and liked it very much. The hotel is very clean. The hotel was quiet except for the construction across the street. Breakfast was good. The shuttle service around town was nice. The only thing we didn't like was the car called by the desk to take us to the airport we believe overcharged us.

• Stayed: November 2013
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay but was dissappointed that the car service may have over charged you. If you contact me and let me know the charge I can help remedy the situation. I have not receive a complaint on them previous to this. Thank you

David Love
704-340-4001

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The breakfast buffet had several hot food options. They had french toast, sausage, eggs, potatoes, waffles and eggs benedict on different days. A great perk considering the restaurants are not immediately close to this hotel or if you have an early dismissal.

Note daily parking is $11 for every night you stay on property and automatically added to your bill if you have a car. Worth the price because it is attached to your room key.There is not immediate on street parking. It might help to have an extra room key made to keep in the car to open the garage gate.

Rates are cheaper at this hotel for the moment because there construction across the street that starts at 8am. Make sure to ask for a room away from the construction.

The room was well appointed and was comfortable for 3 people. Only downside is having to go into the bedroom to go to the bathroom.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room away from the construction South Mint St.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Treisha G
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I relocated to Charlotte NC two months ago. From the moment I made my reservation through Marriott's Premiere Line, to the moment I called the hotel and spoke with Stacy, the staff has made me part of their family. Many of the guests are employees of some of Charlotte's finest, and they to have become family. The hotel offers a terrific breakfast buffett every morning, and an evening social on different days during the week. I find myself spending more time in the lounge/restaurant/bar area of the hotel then any where else in Charlotte. The atmosphere is like a pub in these areas. People talking, laughing, just enjoying being themselves is a direct reflection of the hotel. I can go on and on, the hotel and all of its staff exceed my expectations on a daily basis. I am extremely satsisfied with my choice in the Residecne Inn Uptown Charlotte. When I do check out, sometime in Q4 2014, the staff and the hotel will be missed. I enjoy seeing the same SMILELING FACES, just waiting to make the stay feel like HOME!!!!!

Top of the line hotel,

Aric H

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel overlooks the new baseball field and the football practice field. However, all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Aric H

Aric: Thank you so much for the nice review! You are like family now and we look forward to providing you an excellence stay throughout the next year or so.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I spent 4 days, in a business trip, at this hotel. They have excellent service and the hotel is very clean. They have a very convenient buffet breakfast with a nice variety of options. The hotel is very close to a great number of restaurants and downtown and the convention center. Only 20-30 minutes away from the airport ($25 by taxi). Only negative aspect of this hotel (and this is not the hotel's fault) is that there is construction across from the hotel and the noice is at times considerable.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

I was so pleased to read your positive review on our property. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next business trip.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Everything about this Hotel was excellent. From the reservation process to checkout every Marriott employee was polite, sincere and most importantly made sure that my needs were satisfied. The downtown location is within walking distance to all the restaurants, museums and is directly across the street from the new Park and literally next door to the Carolina Panthers stadium. Room amenities were great with very comfortable beds, large flat screen televisions and a full kitchen. I commented that one could comfortably live there permanently. The complimentary breakfast was very good and had a large variety to choose from. Parking was easy and convenient with a good system to get in and out. I would highly recommend this hotel for overnight or extended stays.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Royce F

Thank you for your comments. I am very thankful that you had a great stay and found our property to be both convenient and comfortable. We hope that you can return soon!