“Clean and comfortable”

Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown
Ranked #60 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stated at the Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown for two nights and were satisfied with the accommodations. Our room was clean, as was the hotel in general. Also nice was the shuttle service, which will take you to any destination within a two mile distance. Had we stayed longer, we would have appreciated the large fridge in the room. One suggestion, ask for a room away from the construction noise because it is very loud.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the construction noise.
1  Thank JaneAustenite
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for the kind words and we hope to have to stay with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for one night to attend a concert at Bobcats Arena. We thought it an excellent value-- large sitting area, kitchen, table, and comfortable bed. The bathroom is old-fashioned but clean with a tub/shower combination which is a little difficult to navigate for seniors.

We took advantage of the free shuttle to visit a restaurant in the uptown area. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was pretty standard fare but there were adequate choices for most tastes. All together a positive and comfortable place to take advantage of the Charlotte venues nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to provide us a review. We are so glad that you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful and in a great location. The breakfast buffet/bar area is very good and the staff really friendly. We were upgraded to a suite and it was beautiful. Our view wasn't great (parking lot), but the room very spacious. We had a full fridge and coffee maker and a "faux" fireplace. Cute idea. Two flat screen TVs, a nice kitchen table and a nice lounging chair.
The front desk staff couldn't be more helpful. The hotel has a shuttle and it takes you within 2 miles of the hotel. We took advantage of this and it worked out great. They dropped us off and picked us up (they operate until 11 p.m.)
One morning we got up and walked around the city. There was a Starbucks close by, so we walked there and sat outside for awhile. There is so much going on in the city.
Getting a taxi to the airport was no problem, although I think we were overcharged ($30) The airport is pretty close to the hotel.
The "market" is very small and my only complaint is there were no mints or gum. I only say this because most of the people staying there were going to weddings, graduations, etc. We were attending a graduation and I really wanted some mints!
The hotel is very clean and I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for the review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and service of the hotel. We normally do have gum in The Market but apparently we were sold out. I apologize for that. Please come again!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel is nice, but the beds, I would rather sleep on a pile of rocks.... We stayed here on 5-17, and when we talked to the mgr on duty Sunday morning all they said was that is standard for all Marriott hotels, which I totally disagree with, since I'm a business man, who stays at Residence Inn all over the country, no I'm sorry or anything...

1  Thank Charlie Y
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

I was very disppointed to hear that you did not enjoy our bedding. We do replace the mattresses as they reach the end of their useful life. We are in the business of providing a pleasant sleeping experience. I am also sorry that the customer service standards did not meet yours or our expectations. Please call me personally at the hotel so we can discuss.
David Love. GM

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had originally booked several rooms at higher priced hotels in this area, but when our party dwindled down to 3 people -- we found this little gem and were able to get a 2 bdrm suite with pull out sofa bed. I was surprised to see this was the ONLY 2-bedroom suite in Southpark!

The Southpark location makes it convenient to terrific restaurants and shopping at Southpark Mall. It's also very close to I-77 and easy to get about the city.

We appreciated having a large refrigerator, coffee maker & microwave. Room was super clean. And even the pull out sofa bed was comfortable. We requested a fan (for sleeping), as some in our party are "warmer" than others...and the hotel was able to procure one for us. The outdoor patio area was a great place for a cocktail & enjoy the evening breeze.

And the staff? Excellent!!! Everyone was friendly right down to the people in the breakfast area. I stay in hotels ALOT...but never knew the kitchen staff does a "taste test" on the hot items in the breakfast bar to be certain they're still fresh. This one does!

I'll be back -- this is a great place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GypsyAtLast

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review. We appreciate it!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this Residence Inn. Seems a little more upscale than some of the others. There is a nice lobby / lounge. The suite we were in was very clean. I liked the fairly large refrigerator. Our room on 10 had a nice view of Bearden Park. The hotel has a very large parking garage and it seemed pretty secure. This location is really nice. It is in between the baseball stadium and the football stadium. It is also just several blocks from anything and everything you might want to do in downtown Charlotte. The hotel offers a shuttle if you don't want to walk to the restaurants or museums. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Select a room up high. The view is better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for the nice review. We do reside in a nice little section of the Uptown area. Please come stay with us again!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Normally we would stay at a lower priced motel, but I was there on business. From the start, this was a great stay. There was a warm welcome when we walked in. We have found that in some of the more expensive hotels that we have been treated poorly. However, this one was great. Smiles and "welcomes" from both people behind the front desk. All of our questions were answered quickly and politely. The hotel was uptown so we were able to get a feel of the city by walking only a few blocks. Uptown was great with wonderful landscaping and much activity. Several quick places to grab a bite to eat... Back to the hotel. We didn't feel like going out for dinner so we decided to eat in the hotel. We were a little concerned as there was no formal dining room, only the bar area. We seemed to be the only ones eating there. The menu was short, but that was okay as we didn't want much. Still a little concerned about what the food would taste like. To our suprise, the food was great.

The next morning we made the statement that I would be staying a few hours longer than I thought, and they instantly said that they would back the checkout time by two hours. WOW, what a surprise. We then asked if we needed to move our car out of their part of the parking garage into the general parking side. The response was that we didn't need to move it. Again, another WOW. My wife asked if she could sit in the lobby and wait the couple of hours until I returned.... I'm sure you can guess the answer.

My kudo's to the young black man at the desk. I only wish I could remember his name. Extremely polite, extremely knowledgeable, extremely accomodating, always a smile. Residende Inn should be proud to have employed this young man.

The entire staff was great... always a smile, and always polite conversation.

The room was excellent too. Clean, comfortable and efficient.

Again, it is the staff that made this stay so great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We were so pleased that you experienced such great service and hospitality while at our property. We will inform the team of your nice comments and thank them for going above and beyond!