“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

have stayed there 3 times and I am going back next week, hopefully I get that great city view again, bathrooms are nice and the whirlpool tubs are good.
The Room service for food is just ok, not the best , I ordered a French dip sandwich last time and they forgot the dip!
But all in all you cant go wrong, and the staff is nice too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for becoming a regular at Ri Uptown! We really appreciate it and can only hope to keep making positive impressions.We apologize about the "dip".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
Hendersonville, NC
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here. Everything was very nice, except the sofa. From the outside it definitely looked like it was time to be retired. Then we put the sheets and blanket on the sofa bed and we were totally shocked. The springs and coils were right at the surface of the mattress. It was late so I had to sleep on it---miserably. Maybe got 3 hrs. of sleep. I am surprised that it appears that staff does not check these mattresses from time to time. Should have been replaced several years ago.

The hotel was very nice, clean and well kept (except for the sofa bed). It was in a great location for enjoying uptown Charlotte. It is in between the football and baseball stadiums, so there was some noise from traffic, even up on the 7th floor. Also, we made the mistake of taking a room very close to the elevator---the dinging sound from the elevator continued on and off until 3:15 AM with groups getting off and talking very loud in the hall.

I would stay there again, but would not stay near the elevators and would check to see if the sofa bed in the room was fairly new. I would check it first before taking the room. Breakfast was good and in a nice large room with a patio off of it. No pool, but a nice exercise room.

My daughter said her queen size bed in the bedroom was comfortable.

Room Tip: Check sofa bed mattress when you arrive in the room if someone will be sleeping on it. Get a room at...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bcnewton50
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the surrounding area. We are due for a renovation next year and the sleeper sofas will be retired. I am sorry that we did not get a chance to provide one of our egg crate mattress toppers to help with the comfort. We do replace the mattresses as we are made aware of these issues and we will have our team focus on replacing as needed.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed two nights 5/31 & 6/1/2014.
Nice location and property.
Upon return around 6PM on 6/1/2014 we opened the door to find the room had not been cleaned.
Called the front desk and asked for towels. Then had to call for more coffee, then found a broken corkscrew. Upon check out, I stated that we did not receive housekeeping and the only response was "I am so sorry". Sorry only goes so far.

Room Tip: First four floors look at a parking garage.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I was very sorry to hear that you did not receive houskeeping service. We will investigate and hopefully be able to prevent this from happening in the future. Please call me personally as I would like to apologize and offer restitution.

David Love
Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stated at the Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown for two nights and were satisfied with the accommodations. Our room was clean, as was the hotel in general. Also nice was the shuttle service, which will take you to any destination within a two mile distance. Had we stayed longer, we would have appreciated the large fridge in the room. One suggestion, ask for a room away from the construction noise because it is very loud.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the construction noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JaneAustenite
Thank you for the kind words and we hope to have to stay with us again in the future.
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for one night to attend a concert at Bobcats Arena. We thought it an excellent value-- large sitting area, kitchen, table, and comfortable bed. The bathroom is old-fashioned but clean with a tub/shower combination which is a little difficult to navigate for seniors.

We took advantage of the free shuttle to visit a restaurant in the uptown area. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was pretty standard fare but there were adequate choices for most tastes. All together a positive and comfortable place to take advantage of the Charlotte venues nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to provide us a review. We are so glad that you had a great stay with us.
Orlando, Fl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful and in a great location. The breakfast buffet/bar area is very good and the staff really friendly. We were upgraded to a suite and it was beautiful. Our view wasn't great (parking lot), but the room very spacious. We had a full fridge and coffee maker and a "faux" fireplace. Cute idea. Two flat screen TVs, a nice kitchen table and a nice lounging chair.
The front desk staff couldn't be more helpful. The hotel has a shuttle and it takes you within 2 miles of the hotel. We took advantage of this and it worked out great. They dropped us off and picked us up (they operate until 11 p.m.)
One morning we got up and walked around the city. There was a Starbucks close by, so we walked there and sat outside for awhile. There is so much going on in the city.
Getting a taxi to the airport was no problem, although I think we were overcharged ($30) The airport is pretty close to the hotel.
The "market" is very small and my only complaint is there were no mints or gum. I only say this because most of the people staying there were going to weddings, graduations, etc. We were attending a graduation and I really wanted some mints!
The hotel is very clean and I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for the review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and service of the hotel. We normally do have gum in The Market but apparently we were sold out. I apologize for that. Please come again!
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel is nice, but the beds, I would rather sleep on a pile of rocks.... We stayed here on 5-17, and when we talked to the mgr on duty Sunday morning all they said was that is standard for all Marriott hotels, which I totally disagree with, since I'm a business man, who stays at Residence Inn all over the country, no I'm sorry or anything...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlie Y
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
I was very disppointed to hear that you did not enjoy our bedding. We do replace the mattresses as they reach the end of their useful life. We are in the business of providing a pleasant sleeping experience. I am also sorry that the customer service standards did not meet yours or our expectations. Please call me personally at the hotel so we can discuss.
David Love. GM