“Check the mattress”

Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
Ranked #99 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything about the Inn is really good except the king mattress in our room was very soft and sagging. The Front Desk said they were renovating and that would be addressed in the future.

The morning breakfast is especially good. The attendant goes out of her way to be sure you have everything - even making waffles for you :-) The rooms and public areas are clean and well cared for and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We would go back, just be sure to test the mattress before unpacking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank John_MacAulay
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with feedback from your stay. I apologize that the mattress did not provide you with good nights sleep. We are currently finalizing plans for a full renovation later on this year. You will see many changes taking place in both the rooms and public areas. We hope that you get a chance to come back and see our "New" Residence Inn in the future. Once again thank you for staying with us and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Craig Austin

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel was perfect for me. It was close to where I wanted to be, it was clean and nice. There were a ton of places to eat and shop across the street from hotel. It was a great location for me. The staff was really nice. It was nice to have a small kitchen in the room. Most hotels don't have them so when I get one I really apprecaite it. The refrigerator was key for me. The bed was very comfortable!! I slept so well - like I hadn't slept in years. I would recommend this place and I'd stay again. They offer free breakfast and they have a pool - what more could you ask for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank irishfaith
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed our facility. We hope you come back and see us again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I want to make it clear that none of the problems I will list below were major - but there were far too many of them. We have had good experiences in the past at hotels in this chain but not this time. In the room:
no luggage racks in the room
only one trash can in a suite
no glasses in the bathroom
no night light
only two towels total
note had had only two sheets of paper left
wifi signal in room too weak to work
outside of the room:
business center computer shut down after 3 or 4 minutes of use. This happened repeatedly, not just to me but to other people
no trays available in the breakfast area
Enough said.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank chazzq
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Our guests feedback is very important to us. We are using your comments to make sure that all of our guests stays are better in future. We would love to have you back again to show you what a great hotel we have.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This is certainly one of the nicer Residence Inns that I have stayed in. Very clean. Nice and courteous staff. It has a small gym. The breakfast is also quite good. It is a nice place to stay and close to a large shopping mall an restaurants. Close to the freeway. Certainly not super close to downtown if you prefer that, which I don't.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ryan R

Thank you staying with us and your kind words as well. It is always nice to hear such great feedback. We hope you come stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Just stayed for a long weekend at this Residence Inn while visiting family in the area. Could not have been happier with the service and the staff. We had a two bedroom suite, and the only concern I would mention is that some of the furniture has seen much better days....worn to the edge. But the service was exceptional, the room was very clean, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. Great choice for the area.

Room Tip: We had a two room suite on the back end of the complex facing 485. Once inside the room, no outside...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently in the process of planning a renovation for this fall so we look forward to you coming back and seeing how great our property is going to look.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family of four stayed here for 23 days while waiting on the completion of our new house. The staff was great, especially at the front desk, very polite and attentive to any need that we came up. The breakfast options were always a hit with my two tweenage boys. The dinner nights were most helpful in eliminating the need to go out and eat or cook in the room. The hostesses at both sittings were so nice and attentive, really trying to make us feel at home. The accommodations were excellent. Comfortable beds, well stocked bathrooms with extra towels. I have never stayed in a Residence Inn before, but I will from now on.

Room Tip: We had a south side corner room, it was usually very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how you enjoyed being here. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family. We appreciate all of the great feedback that gave us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

we arrived on christmas day with our pets, the staff was so polite and helpful everytime we had a question with travel to a place or our pets needs. the breakfast buffet was great with multiple choices and the hostess was constantly refilling the coffee and foods, even going around and asking if she could get anything for us seniors. we will stay here again.

Room Tip: when we were looking for pet friendly hotels, this popped up as an excellent choice, they delivered...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Craig A, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to do it and for staying with us. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and your pets.