“Perfect place in Charlotte Ballantyne”

Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #60 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stay at this Staybridge every time we visit family in Charlotte, NC. The rooms are huge and immaculate. The breakfast is solid - buffet style with hot and cold choices. Good workout room, excellent staff and free laundry access.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsay F

Reviewed 3 July 2011

Stayed 2 nights in June 2011 -hotel option due to family wedding. First stay at a Staybridge property - the pictures on the website are truly accurate. Hotel layout is a square with a courtyard - courtyard has a putting green, patio furniture, fountain. Fitness room is at the back of the square on 1st floor along with indoor pool - all very clean, well maintained. Fitness room had 2 treadmills, weights, and a couple of other machines and it was not busy. It appeared the 2 bedroom suites overlook the courtyard. Our 2 queen 1 bedroom suite with a living/dining/kitchen area faced the parking lot on 3rd floor away from elevator. Very quiet. Relatives that stayed above the hotel lobby area on 2nd floor could hear the lobby music from below - a bit annoying. Our room was nice, but 2 queen beds was a bit small for the bedroom - compact, but doable. Decor was a little bland, but in a good way. Bathroom with tub/shower and commode was on the small size with a sink and large closet outside of the bathroom which is open to the bedroom. Room was spotless, kitchen with granite, immaculate, well equipped. This is a pet friendly hotel so I worried about that, but our room was fine. Do note that housekeeping has until 4:30 to service the rooms, so plan accordingly if you have to prepare for an evening wedding, etc. Check in/out no problems - front desk personnel very friendly, accommodating, professional. Can't comment on breakfast - plenty of chairs and tables. Can't comment on internet service in room, but they do have a business center near lobby with computers, printer, etc. Cookies available in the afternoon, coffee-hot cocoa-tea machine available all day - excellent, freshly brewed coffee. Hotel located in corporate park area of Ballantyne - shopping, restaurants within walking distance. This is a very welcoming property and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, although I do prefer pet-free hotels. Platinum or Gold star members of the hotel's rewards program - look for your glittery star on your door - nice little touch that they recognize your loyalty.

Room Tip: Try not to be placed in room directly above lobby
2  Thank FindYourPassion
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Our family stayed four nights at the Staybridge Suites during our stay in Charlotte, NC. It was absolutely perfect. I don't have a bad thing to say about this hotel. We booked a two bedroom suite for our family of 4. Our teens had their own bedroom/bathroom, and my husband and I shared the master bedroom. At the time of booking, I requested a quiet room away from the elevator. At checkin, I again made the request. The clerk said she was aware of my request and had placed us in a quiet room on the 3rd floor. It was wonderful. I slept soundly every night and never heard another guest. Room was extremely clean and beautifully decorated. Wonderful home away from home.

We ate breakfast each morning. Waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, cereal, fruit, pastries...it's all there. We also ate at the sundowner reception the hotel offers two evenings. Very nice and a great way to save a bit of money on your trip.

We enjoyed every aspect of the hotel from the pool to the fitness center to the putting green in the courtyard. We couldn't have asked for more!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304.
1  Thank utting
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Rooms could use some paint and carpets could be cleaned. Very good breakfast, mangers evening event is nice. Price is great rooms are large, people are nice. The vents in the bathroom leak cigaret smoke in from other rooms. Fridge, microwave, plates and flatware in the room are very convenient. Free internet, free parking and good neighborhood is a plus.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LoveToSki69
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My family and I stayed here a few times visiting extended family in Charlotte and we loved it. The staff was really nice and the room was SO clean. Compare the dried-up cold donuts and cereal at Days Inn or HoJo to the hot eggs, bacon, waffles, good donuts and cereal, juice, coffee, etc. The bathroom was actually clean and towels were (thank goodness) hair-free. The kitchen had every dish, utensil and appliance you could ever need. The lobby had 24/7 Starbucks coffee and hot cocoa

Room Tip: The best room is given no matter what.
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank bluegatorade97
Reviewed 5 June 2011

My son and I stayed here Friday and Saturday while we were in town for a lacrosse tournament. I chose this place because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Upon check in I asked for a different type of room than was reserved for me and within a few minutes the desk clerk was able to accomodate us. The hotel itself is in an upscale corporate park. I felt very safe walking around the area and did not worry about anyone molesting my car. There are dozens of restaurants of all kinds and price ranges within 5 miles (a handful within walking distance) as well as several nice malls and shopping centers. 4 miles south down the main road there is a brand new Super Wal Mart just over the SC state line where you can buy very cheap beer (and just about everything else).

The property itself and common areas are modern and very well maintianed. Same with the rooms. Nothing was worn out and crappy and no stains on the rugs or furniture. Ours had a bedroom with with two queen beds and a 32" flat screen TV and a seperate living room/kitchen/work area also with a 32" flat screen. The kitchen area had newer appliances (fridge/freezer w/icemaker/cooktop/microwave/dishwasher) and granite countertops. There was also a coffee maker but I didn't use this because fresh ground (by the cup) Starbucks is available 24/7 for free in the lobby. They had free newspapers (local and WSJ) in the lobby and plenty of them. They even had the local Sunday paper.

This place is very, very quiet. It seemed like the place was almost empty but the parking lot was 3/4's full when we left early each morning.

I had to wash my son's incredibly stinky uniform and used the guest laundry. They had 4 small washers and 4 small dryers and they were free...no pumping quarters! Detergent was for sale at the little "store" in the lobby. The store had about 50 items you might need during your stay. During late hours you could take what you needed, jot it down on a pad that was there and they would charge it to your room.

There is an indoor pool area and a fitness room and even though I rarely use either I walked thru them to take a look. Both are nice. The fitness room is no LA Fitness but it had two giant car sized treadmills and a big screen TV and was very clean...it did not smell like a gym. The pool was also nice and had some comfortable furniture surrounding it.

We will be in the area in South Carolina for another tournament later this month and even though there are hotels closer to the action we have already made our reservations to stay here again.

Room Tip: just ask at the desk...they really set me up!
1  Thank MelLoomis
Reviewed 26 May 2011

This Staybridge truly deserves all the accolades it receives! The location can't be beat; the rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed; the staff is top-notch and the numerous amenities are great! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business