“Fabulous!!!!”

Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #60 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have stayed in other suite hotels but the Staybridge - Charlotte Ballantye is by far the best so far!! From check-in to check out my experience was excellent. Check-in was speedy and upon arrival I was given a snack gift bag and there were also fresh baked cookies available at the counter.

The suite is like a home away from home. The kitchen is stocked with everything you would need (minus the groceries). There is even a free bag of microwavable popcorn for a stay in movie night. Everything was clean and comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was wonderful! They have omelets (pre made), fruit, fresh pastries, coffee, tea, juice, cereal (hot and cold), and you can even make your own waffles.

There is ample parking and the location is located in a great area with shopping and restaurants very close by. It is also centrally located to other destinations as well. Downtown Charlotte is about 20 minutes away.

I loved this hotel and would stay here again when visiting the Charlotte area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Jazzy BG,

Thank you so much for your great comments! I was happy to read you were delighted with all we have to offer here.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I recently stayed here for one night during a business trip to this area. This is a very nice business oriented hotel located in a business area. The rooms are suites with lots of room. This hotel was very clean. There was a complimentary USA Today newspaper under my door early in the morning. They have a free breakfast buffet from 6:30 - 9:30 am. It is a good spread consisting of egg omelets, bacon, cheeses, fruits, breads, milk, juices and coffee. This hotel offers complimentary Starbucks coffee 24/7 (in a pod machine) in their dining area that was very good. They also offer complimentary whole and 2% milk 24/7. The bed was very nice and comfortable and I slept very well. On Wednesdays they have a social event from 5:30 - 7:30 pm offering free grilled burgers and hotdogs as well as free beer and wine. They have an indoor pool that is open until 10:00 pm. They have a fireplace pit in their outside courtyard. There are several restaurants that are only a 2-3 minute walk from this hotel. The owner of this hotel is the Bissell Group. I was told that this Staybridge is totally unique from other Staybridge hotels and offers much more for their guests. I was very impressed during my recent stay here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Worldtravelers34,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I was so glad to read you were impressed by our property as we truly strive to be the very best Staybridge Suites!

I hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was a little concerned about staying at the Staybridge Suites because there were some negative reviews, but our stay was perfect. We got the Carowinds package deal, which gave us discount tickets to the theme park. The staff member who checked us in was friendly (we got cookies) and helpful. He gave us a list of restaurants and a coupon. As we left for dinner (within walking distance) a group of guests were enjoying the fire pit in the courtyard. We used the indoor pool and spa both nights and it was really nice--clean and well maintained. Breakfast was great, with multiple hot items--scrambled eggs or omelets, pancakes, tater tots, sausage, and oatmeal in addition to the usual continental choices. We had china plates on Saturday, but didn't feel that the Styrofoam plates and plastic utensils on Sunday hampered our enjoyment. I was concerned that the "light touch" housekeeping on the weekends meant we wouldn't get clean towels on Saturday as I hadn't requested them on Friday. This however, was not the case. Our beds were made on Saturday and our towels and toiletries were replenished. The suite was a really nice size with a completely separate bedroom. I would definitely stay here again. It was a great value, a very pleasant experience, and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Catherine M,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an awesome stay and that you were happy with your accommodations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne again soon. Thank you again~

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a fairly high rated property in a great location, and that makes it worth a stay. Highly rated hotels in Charlotte tend to be expensive. The rate is fairly high here too, so expectations are high. I only stayed one night, which is atypical. I enjoyed my stay, the proximity to my business was a plus, as was the nearby Harris-Teeter supermarket which offers great choices for preparing in the room. However, I had to be moved to another room because the fan unit had a noisy bearing. They moved me to a better room, kudos to them, although it was an inconvenience to move. And once I got to the new room, the faucet in the kitchen sink was loose and leaked water when used. This is not a big deal, but my conclusion is that this hotel is not maintained to the highest standards as would be expected for a property in this location at this price. Breakfast is okay, but not inspiring, still happy that it's included. Hence my rating - can't go 5 stars - but a solid 4 stars for the price and market. If management was more committed to excellence in terms of maintenance, breakfast and overall quality, this could be a stellar place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jerry H
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Jerry H,

Thank you for your comments and for reviewing our hotel. Although it is never pleasant to hear of problems, your feedback allows us to discover our shortcomings and make the necessary improvements.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of switching rooms. Your comments have been shared with my team to prevent similar issues in the future.

I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you, as we are committed to providing top quality service.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel lobby and breakfast area looks great, newly renovated.
The rooms are a different story. They are old, dated, and not cleaned very well.
We found out the hotel policy is to change the sheets every 7 days unless you call the front desk and make other arrangements.
They don't even replace used bar(s) of soap (they provided 1). We had to request a new one.
The walls are paper thin so you hear your neighbors (sometimes into the wee hours of the night).
Breakfast service ends by 9:30 am. So if you are on vacation and planning to sleep in, forget about breakfast. We were reminded by the staff (while eating our breakfast) about the 9:30 cutoff.
The staff maintaining the breakfast area are rude and discourteous. When we got up to get some coffee, (close to 9:30) one of the staff shut the TV we were watching.
They also seem to allow the buffet to run out of items offered until just about the cutoff time when they restocked it.
My wife and I looked at each other wondering why they would do that. We then saw the staff show up @9:30 to help themselves to breakfast.

If you have to stay at a hotel choose Staybridge Inn and Suites as a "last resort".

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank H K
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear HK,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for reviewing our property. I was disappointed to hear your experience was not a positive one. Our priority is to provide the most memorable and enjoyable stay possible. I apologize for the unfavorable impression and for falling short of our goal. I have addressed all of your concerns with my team for corrective action and hope you give us the opportunity to regain your business in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here for one night while in Charlotte. The area is great! The hotel is new and overall feels clean. The decor is modern, but a little sterile in my opinion. The breakfast seemed a little lacking in options, but did the job. I would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Gman305,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you were happy with your stay and our accommodations.

We hope you get the opportunity to come back and see us again. Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The best service....free starbucks 24/7....hot tub.....wow.....even tho we checked out before breakfast desk got us both coffee and muffin from the kitchen for the road..a great location. easy access for the road. gas and parking...I'll be back....

Room Tip: Upstairs up stairs large and sunny