“Couldn't be happier”

Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #61 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The staff was so accommodating and helpful; every question we had before getting there, every request when were there, all of it was answered perfectly. The room was exactly what we were expecting. Couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Jason R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. I was happy the staff and facility was everything you expected.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we hope you can return soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked this hotel at the recommendation of a co-worker of mine who had previously stayed at this hotel. I had booked a 4 month reservation for an extended business trip to Charlotte. I ended up checking out and moving to another long-term stay property after only a month here.

The positives first. The Ballantyne location is excellent, although in a high traffic area.

The not so good: Had to have my keys reset almost every day of my stay. The hotel is in desperate need of a renovation, particularly when it comes to cabinetry. The cupboards in both the kitchen area and the bathroom were loose and coming off the hinges.

The gym was pretty bad. There was no elliptical machine and no ventilation. Given that the facility was in the same area as the indoor heated pool, this meant that it was riciulously hot and with no moving air, it was quite unbearable. How hard is it to invest in a fan?

I found the breakfast and nightly offerings to be quite sub-par. I am a vegetarian and the options at dinner were extremely limited. In fact, the only thing that was usually available was some ice berg lettuce. Everything here is re-heated frozen fare, nothing is made on site. Even the "omelets" were re-warmed egg substitute.

While these things likely don't matter to someone that is staying here for only a few nights at a time, they REALLY matter for long term stay guests.

To add insult to injury, upon checking out three months early for my reservation, there was absolutely no acknowledgement or question about what went wrong with my stay. It's been 6 months since I've checked out and I am STILL going back and forth with IHG to get my points credited to my account for this stay. I did myself a huge favor by switching to the Hilton Ayrsley. They really know how to appreciate their long term stay guests and their facility is much nicer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JessR_G_10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear JessR_G_10,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Ballantyne.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel was lovely and was convenient to the highway and to restaurants. Two things stood out: (1) Great, great customer service from all employees - but Gwen especially went out of her way to be helpful and make us comfortable; (2) Lovely hotel, the courtyard was very soothing and I felt safe and secure relaxing by the fountain. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was clean and attractive - I'd say the only thing not perfect is that the sofa and chair need a good upholstery cleaning or to be replaced. The beds were firm without being hard, the bathrooms were good sized and my elderly mother had no problem getting her walker through any of the doors in our suite. We will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we are in Charlotte.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra Z
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Debra Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you were happy with our staff and our amenities. Your feedback helps us to assess the level of service we provide and review areas we may need to improve on.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we hope you can stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying here on a business trip. Although the company paid for the room I told my wife I gladly would stay here on my dime the next time we visit Charlotte. I stayed in two bedroom suite. The bedrooms were quite large and the common area was big enough. The hotel staff was always friendly. They serve better than average free breakfast every day and even include some proteins. Not just carbs as most hotels do.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Lance-N-ATX,

Thank you for posting your "great" comments. It was such a pleasure to read you enjoyed our property and that you have every intension on returning again soon on pleasure rather than business.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great three night stay! We love the two bedroom suite! Plenty of room for everyone. Fresh baked cookies at five o'clock are very appreciated and delicious! Lots of places to eat within walking distance! Awesome mall About ten minutes away! Had to go twice!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Kelli B,

Thank you for your wonderful review, I was thrilled you had a "great stay"! I was glad you enjoyed your spacious 2 bedroom suite, the extra room is always a plus.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Ive stayed here twice both with my family and enjoyed each time. My boys love the indoor pool and the mini golf area. They also love the fact that there are cookies or fruit at the front desk. The staff are always helpful with directions. Each morning the breakfast was amazing. Plenty of food which we brought back to our room to eat. It's definitely a top hotel of mine to visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sassyfieldstraveler,

Thank you for posting such a positive review. Since your last visit we have updated our outdoor living area to include a fire pit with seating area and granite cornhole boards. I truly think you will love these new features!

We are happy that you had such a great experience when you were here last and hope you can visit us again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Pros: Clean, up to date, several benefits
Cons: Internet can be slow
Internet: Free
Breakfast: Free
Parking: Free

I recently stayed at this hotel when I relocated to Charlotte. We picked this hotel because of the great reviews and the proximity to food options as well as my new work. It definitely does live up to its reviews. This hotel is great espeically if you are visiting Charlotte on the weekend as the rates are sometimes half of the weekday rates (it is pretty much empty on the weekend as many of the guests during the week are in the area for business).

Let's start out with the room. We stayed in a 1 bedroom, which came with 2 TVs (along with the standard kitchenette w/ granite countertops, utensils, almost full size fridge, cook top, microwave, and dishwasher). The room is very clean and also up to date. As the hotel states in the room, if you're there for 7 days, they do a full service every week and (almost) daily light service (which included making the beds, replacing the towels, and running the dishwasher). We had a king size bed which was very comfortable. Everything else in the room was what you expect.

There is an indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness room in the hotel. The fitness room has limited free weights, a universal machine, 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, and 1 eliptical. The machines were pretty high quality, and 3 had tvs on them while working out. There is also a big courtyard with a fountain which would be great when it is warm out (apparently it had a fire pit and definitely had chairs and tables as well as the game of cornhole).

Breakfast was pretty standard. There were several bread options, fruit (seemed to always be something like pineapple), yogurt, apples, a rotation between scrambled eggs and premade omelets, a rotation between sausage, bacon, and canadian bacon, and on the weekdays a waffle machine. On weekends, they had tots and french toast sticks instead of the waffles.

Now for some of the benefits:
1. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday they have food in the dining area. The food rotated between (it was one per night): pizza (which was actually very good even though I've heard the pizza in the area is not so good), wings, hummus w/ pita, potato bar, pulled pork sandwiches, and greek salad. They would also have free wine, beer and soda.
2. You can go to the lobby and get cookies every night (cookies are at the "happy hour" Tues, Wed and Thurs). They have oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip.
3. You can do laundry for free in the laundry room
4. There were hershey's kisses at the front desk all of the time

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Sean F,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Our goal is to always provide the ultimate in service and accommodations and it sounds like we succeeded. I will be sharing your wonderful comments with my team and hope you get to stay with us again in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne.