“Good Business Hotel”

Ranked #55 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Good Business Hotel”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Really spacious suites with fridge, cooker, etc - nice spacious room perfect for business trips. Fairly standard breakfast, nothing special but perfectly adequate. Would come back here next time I'm in town!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Servicechampion2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay and that you would definitely return back when you were in the area on business.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne.

Nicole Clyburn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It is tough to find nice a room for a family of 6, but Staybridge is easily on the top of our list for this. Out room was very clean, and the perfect size. The staff was very friendly and polite. The pool was clean, and fresh towels were always there. The workout room was nice. Breakfast was great with a lot of variety and plenty of hot options. The laundry had free soap and dryer sheets. And on selected evenings, the staff has grill outs in the courtyard with free food and drinks. I would recommend this hotel for anyone under any circumstance.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite, so I can only speak for it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Matthew O,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our property. Also thank you for recommending our hotel and recognizing our staff and the level of service they provide.

We appreciate you choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and truly hope you can stay with us again soon.

Flat Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently traveled to the Charlotte area on business and rushed into Staybridge to quickly check-in and change before my meeting. I was greeted pleasantly, told there was a guest reception that evening, but noting I was leaving told to travel safely and that breakfast would be ready at 6 a.m. My room was clean, comfortable and I slept well which is unusual for me on business trips. The location was convenient as well. Yes, I'd stay there again if traveling tht way. Oh and room service and spa were N/A.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Sadamds2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was glad to hear you were happy with your stay and would definitely return if you were in the area again on business.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I’ve stayed at this hotel since 2007 as part of my routine business trips to the Ballantyne Area. Obviously, with that longevity, I think highly of it. My most recent stay was the week of May 5. The staff and service are top notch. In my experience, the rooms are always very clean and they do their best to accommodate special request for room location. They gym is not over-the-top, but it is decent and adequate for on-the-road workouts. This hotel feels very “homey” in a good way, with a fireplace in the lobby, guest receptions a few times a week (which includes food), and it has a very nice courtyard area—which I have sadly never enjoyed, but it does give the hotel a vibe of having a “backyard” in the middle of busy Ballantyne. They even have BBQ grills, which I’m sure are nice for those guests who are staying longer term. I give it a top rating not because it is a plush hotel, but because of the consistency and top level of service I’ve experienced over the past 7 years and my appreciation of that as a business traveler. I do wish the beds were a bit more comfortable for my personal taste but, alas, there’s no place like home. I did try a couple of other hotels in the area, but kept coming back here...due mostly to the service, and my personal preference for a self-catering room with kitchen.

Room Tip: quietest rooms are third floor facing courtyard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Kathy B,

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel along with your wonderful review. It's rewarding for us to hear that we keep providing you an enjoyable experience year after year. We continually strive to maintain those high service standards and are pleased you receive a consistent level of service upon each stay.

Thank you for your continued patronage to the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we look forward to your return.

Virginia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was looking forward to an exceptional stay based on reviews but it was mediocre at best. Problems included:
Only sheer curtains available which left our entire party to be awoken with the sun
No ventilation/fans in bathrooms left the whole room feeling clammy after a shower
Room was overrun with small centipedes/millipedes...yuck!
Crack in ceiling over tub was wet looking...made me fearful of mold
Something in the room was making me feel wheezy and this never happens to me!

Pros:
Great location walkable to dining and movie theater
Breakfast buffet area was clean and well stocked (even had a walking server offering breakfast pizzas!)
Al staff we encountered were polite and helpful

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travlrmom
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Travlrmom,

Thank you for your post. Your review provided us with significant, beneficial information that will help us improve upon our service. All our rooms do have black our curtains so I apologize that we did not assist you with using them during your stay. We strive to provide guests with a high level of service and are taking action to research and correct the other issues reported.

Furthermore, it's always nice to hear how the staff's effort toward exceptional service makes a difference in the guest experience. Thank you again for sharing your observations.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We recently spent three nights with our family in a two bedroom suite at this location What a very pleasant experience! Everything was so clean and the service could not have been better. The courtyard is so relaxing and the pool was sparkling clean --- grandchildren really enjoyed that. Loved the cocktails and dinner snack on Thurs. evening. I highly recommend this hotel. Our daughter's family is moving to Charlotte and we will definitely stay here again if the need arises.

Room Tip: This is a large sprawling property so be sure to ask if you want to be near the elevator. We were n...
2 Thank Baley
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Baley,

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and will be returning the next time you visit your grandchildren!

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

South Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Consistency is one of those features you look for in a hotel brand, and Staybridge Suites continues to deliver. This time, we spent two nights in Charlotte Ballantyne. The true suite (bedroom with door) was spacious and spotless, with a good shower and bed. The property has a lovely outdoor area, complete with a decorative fountain, and a really nice indoor pool. The free breakfast was good – I’m yet to see an amazing free breakfast, but this one offered a solid variety of choices.

Location is great – we literally walked to a great sports bar and grill (in a shopping center with several dining choices) and drove two minutes to an amazing Italian restaurant. You’re just a couple of minutes from the interstate and lots of other dining choices, too. And if road construction doesn’t slow you down too much, you’re only 15 minutes or so from Carowinds.

Lest you think I’m on the payroll, I have a couple of minor gripes. Our toilet seat was wobbly (management was aware of the problem, but we just didn’t see the need to have someone come to our room and fix it for the short time we’d be there). Our room’s refrigerator was a bit loud and probably needed to be serviced. The fitness center is one of the best I’ve seen in a hotel at this price point, but it could use a water cooler. And the hot tub could use fewer bubbles and more jets. Yeah, that’s about it.

Finally, I would be remiss without mentioning Gwen at the front desk. She was very engaging with our daughter on our first night, remembered her name on our second night, and even let her pick a treat from the hotel’s store (after bringing some extra towels to our room like a good little helper). That’s the kind of personal touch that makes a four-year-old feel special and makes her father go out of his way to do business with your hotel chain again. Thank you.

Dear Mpescatore,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review, your valued feedback is welcomed as it allows us to make necessary improvements and improve upon our performance.

Consistency is our goal so thank you for recognizing our efforts to achieve this and our star players that make this happen for us.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Nicole Clyburn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
#42 of 178 in Charlotte
Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte/Ballantyne
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!