“Nice stay”

Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #59 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Well maintained property, big rooms with kitchen however no oven, simple dinner with good beer, nice gesture for the kids to receive a gift at arrival, excellent location- a few restaurants and pharmacy in walking distance, would stay there again,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Magzan68,

Thank you so much for the review of our property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Unfortunately we do not have ovens but rather the two range cook top and toaster ovens are available upon request.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Really spacious suites with fridge, cooker, etc - nice spacious room perfect for business trips. Fairly standard breakfast, nothing special but perfectly adequate. Would come back here next time I'm in town!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Servicechampion2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay and that you would definitely return back when you were in the area on business.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It is tough to find nice a room for a family of 6, but Staybridge is easily on the top of our list for this. Out room was very clean, and the perfect size. The staff was very friendly and polite. The pool was clean, and fresh towels were always there. The workout room was nice. Breakfast was great with a lot of variety and plenty of hot options. The laundry had free soap and dryer sheets. And on selected evenings, the staff has grill outs in the courtyard with free food and drinks. I would recommend this hotel for anyone under any circumstance.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite, so I can only speak for it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Matthew O,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our property. Also thank you for recommending our hotel and recognizing our staff and the level of service they provide.

We appreciate you choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and truly hope you can stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently traveled to the Charlotte area on business and rushed into Staybridge to quickly check-in and change before my meeting. I was greeted pleasantly, told there was a guest reception that evening, but noting I was leaving told to travel safely and that breakfast would be ready at 6 a.m. My room was clean, comfortable and I slept well which is unusual for me on business trips. The location was convenient as well. Yes, I'd stay there again if traveling tht way. Oh and room service and spa were N/A.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Sadamds2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was glad to hear you were happy with your stay and would definitely return if you were in the area again on business.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I’ve stayed at this hotel since 2007 as part of my routine business trips to the Ballantyne Area. Obviously, with that longevity, I think highly of it. My most recent stay was the week of May 5. The staff and service are top notch. In my experience, the rooms are always very clean and they do their best to accommodate special request for room location. They gym is not over-the-top, but it is decent and adequate for on-the-road workouts. This hotel feels very “homey” in a good way, with a fireplace in the lobby, guest receptions a few times a week (which includes food), and it has a very nice courtyard area—which I have sadly never enjoyed, but it does give the hotel a vibe of having a “backyard” in the middle of busy Ballantyne. They even have BBQ grills, which I’m sure are nice for those guests who are staying longer term. I give it a top rating not because it is a plush hotel, but because of the consistency and top level of service I’ve experienced over the past 7 years and my appreciation of that as a business traveler. I do wish the beds were a bit more comfortable for my personal taste but, alas, there’s no place like home. I did try a couple of other hotels in the area, but kept coming back here...due mostly to the service, and my personal preference for a self-catering room with kitchen.

Room Tip: quietest rooms are third floor facing courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Kathy B,

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel along with your wonderful review. It's rewarding for us to hear that we keep providing you an enjoyable experience year after year. We continually strive to maintain those high service standards and are pleased you receive a consistent level of service upon each stay.

Thank you for your continued patronage to the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was looking forward to an exceptional stay based on reviews but it was mediocre at best. Problems included:
Only sheer curtains available which left our entire party to be awoken with the sun
No ventilation/fans in bathrooms left the whole room feeling clammy after a shower
Room was overrun with small centipedes/millipedes...yuck!
Crack in ceiling over tub was wet looking...made me fearful of mold
Something in the room was making me feel wheezy and this never happens to me!

Pros:
Great location walkable to dining and movie theater
Breakfast buffet area was clean and well stocked (even had a walking server offering breakfast pizzas!)
Al staff we encountered were polite and helpful

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travlrmom
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Travlrmom,

Thank you for your post. Your review provided us with significant, beneficial information that will help us improve upon our service. All our rooms do have black our curtains so I apologize that we did not assist you with using them during your stay. We strive to provide guests with a high level of service and are taking action to research and correct the other issues reported.

Furthermore, it's always nice to hear how the staff's effort toward exceptional service makes a difference in the guest experience. Thank you again for sharing your observations.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We recently spent three nights with our family in a two bedroom suite at this location What a very pleasant experience! Everything was so clean and the service could not have been better. The courtyard is so relaxing and the pool was sparkling clean --- grandchildren really enjoyed that. Loved the cocktails and dinner snack on Thurs. evening. I highly recommend this hotel. Our daughter's family is moving to Charlotte and we will definitely stay here again if the need arises.

Room Tip: This is a large sprawling property so be sure to ask if you want to be near the elevator. We were n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Baley
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Baley,

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and will be returning the next time you visit your grandchildren!

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.