Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbasketball courtfront deskbedroom suitefull kitchenhome away from homegreat place to stayawesome stayextended stayexercise roomfree breakfasthot breakfastdefinitely stay here againrooms are spaciousstayed one nighteasy accessyogurtstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Shingi R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We came here and had a One Bedroom Suite as we had our nieces with us for a weekend at Carowinds. (Which was a short drive away.) The staff are very friendly and will help you with any of your needs. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar included scrambled and hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, grits, waffles, fruit, danish, cereal, juice and coffee. We were pleasantly surprised with the breakfast buffet. So much better than the usual continental breakfast. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Again, we had a one bedroom that slept the four of us comfortably with a King bed and pull out couch.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear beaufortgirl1959,
Thank you for your great review and thank you for noticing our efforts at revamping our breakfast buffet. We know this is an important part of the experience for our guests and we worked hard to come up with a healthy, appetizing selection. As you may know, Carowinds is open all summer long and since we are only 8 minutes away we book up really quickly over the summer. I hope you will find another opportunity for a weekend trip and come back to see us. Thank you again for visiting the Sonesta ES Suites.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I got a deal for cheap on a discount website because all of my favorite Charlotte hotels were crazy expensive or sold out that night. When I arrived at noon the folks at Sonesta were so nice to let me check in early and get some sleep. About the "suite" itself- it was not clean. The paint on the walls was so badly marked I couldn't believe it. There was a chunk of drywall missing from one the walls. Let's just say that they're due for a serious makeover. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that has been renovated. If there are none when you go I recommend finding another hotel until they're done upgrading.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Shingi R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear IceCold40,
I am glad you were able to take advantage of some promotional rates and specials that we run periodically at the Sonesta ES Suites in Charlotte. I am disappointed to learn that our cleanliness and quality were not up to standard and for that I apologize. We are committed to raising our standards and to be more consistent in providing quality accommodations for all our guests. Should your travels bring you back to Charlotte, please give us another opportunity to serve you better. I appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly staff and will encourage them to continue to put our guests first. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is what you pay for. Very good breakfast. The beds were very comfortable. Everyone (staff and other customers) is really really nice. It needs a little upkeep (cracked outlet) but nothing serious. You also get a kitchen area and sofa area. Overall a great stay for a great price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Katie,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and compliment the team we have at the Sonesta ES Suites in Charlotte. Our guests are truly the friendliest in North Carolina and I am glad you had the opportunity to meet some of them. I want you to know that we are working very hard to do a better job maintaining the quality and cleanliness at the hotel and I would love to hear from you upon your return to Charlotte.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband and I traveled with our two kids for a vacation at Carowinds which was in great driving distance. When entering the hotel we were greeted by staff and was given our room key the room we was assigned to was not the same one that we booked online we immediatley notified the staff and was moved to the correct room within minutes. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and comfortable. I would also like to mention the convience of their small store I wore my contacts and realized I did not pack my solution guess what the hotel had solution and the exact brand I use. I really enjoyed my stay.The breakfast was great with different choices. Also, the laundry room was a big plus as well!!!! I recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Shingi R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Crystal,
Thank you so much for your raving review. It is so rewarding for us here at the Sonesta ES Suites in Charlotte when our guests leave our company happy. We are a great choice for guests visiting Carowinds as we are located only 8 minutes from the theme park. As the summer gets hotter, you can enjoy the day at Carowinds and come back to enjoy relaxing by our outdoor pool. We cannot wait to see you back!