SpringHill Suites Charlotte University Research Park
Ranked #74 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I've stayed here numerous times over the years. It's OK but there always seems to be something that puts a dent on the stay. Twice in the last three years I woke up to find there was no hot water. When mentioned at the desk the staff sort of laughed and said they were working on it. The breakfast is a few steps below the free breakfasts at other places; if the Canadian bacon is out, steer clear. It's always rubbery. The exercise room equipment is great, but on my last stay you were limited by the machine to a 15 minute workout. There's a few places in the other side of the freeway I will be trying on my next few trips to Charlotte.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Always like to fit the whole family in at the springhill, but this one was noisy on a Saturday night! Room above us must have had a dance party at midnight, either that or a rodeo! Don't take a room on 2nd floor near the elevators!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is the second Spring hill Suites we have stayed in, and this one was also very nice. The hotel was conveniently located just off the interstate and easy to find. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was a good size and clean. My only complaint was the sheets and covers for the sofa bed were dingy and did not appear to have been washed. A call to the front desk solved the problem and fresh, clean sheets still warm from the dryer were brought up to us within 10 minutes. The free internet was helpful for my daughters so they could keep caught up on their homework. The free breakfast, always a plus, was very good with a nice variety that included something everyone liked. This hotel was within 1/2 mile of an event we were attending at another hotel, and the price was $50 less than rooms at that hotel. The other hotel also did not include free breakfast or internet. Unbeatable, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors always seem to be the best since some parking is close to the building and lower window...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2012

the room was very nice and large, indoor pool and hot tub was nice as well as the fitness center, and breakfast had many choices but ive seen better at springhill's. the only thing was I wanted to stay in charlotte and this hotel was very far from downtown or anything in charlotte that I needed to go to so I probably wouldnt choose this location again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I had a king bed suite during my stay for work. The room was nice, comfortable and quiet. The wifi was fast and free, which is a huge plus. Flat panel tv, nice refrigerator, and many other upgrades. I enjoyed my stay here and highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Jonathanwh
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My sister and I chose to stay at this hotel for the evening because we were attending a concert in the area. On arrival, we noticed the area around the hotel was very nice. When checking in the woman at the front desk was very personable and check in was very easy. We had a little bit of time before heading to the concert, so we decided on eating dinner at the Macaroni Grill in walking distance from the hotel. Before leaving for dinner we spoke to a gentleman at the front desk about directions to the show. He said he would have those directions for us when we returned from dinner. Dinner was great, and when we stopped back into the hotel he had printed directions waiting for us. When returning from the show around 11:30, we felt very safe in the parking area. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet. We ate the free breakfast which was the standard breakfast, however it was very busy in the breakfast area, so the woman who was working the breakfast area opened up a conference room and let us eat in there which was very nice of her. We did some shopping the next morning in the area. The mall was very close by. Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Weekend stay in Sept at this SpringHill Suite was Sweet to say the least. After first arriving at the wrong location in Concorde the front desk was amused along with us when mentioning we weren't the first to have made that mistake. Upon arriving at the correct SHS in Charlotte from the front desk to the room I grade the entire experience with an "A"

The room beautifully decorated with soothing colors, comfortable beds, sofa, and nice size flat screen, indoor pool and free continental breakfast.....mostly everything was well appointed to my satisfaction.

As to why i would not give it an "A+" which is minor (petty) but having stayed the previous evening at the Marriott in Raliegh i was expecting it and that was the complimentary LOTION that accompanied the shampoo and conditioner...

oh yeah and at breakfast the waffle batter was BLAND....a little cinnamon and dash of vanilla extract will fix that up otherwise the bagels, muffins, oatmeal, hot buffet, etc were just fine

a great stay