SpringHill Suites Charlotte University Research Park
Ranked #75 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here the first weekend of May and had a great stay! The room was clean and comfortable, the front desk staff was helpful, and there is a nice patio in the back off of the pool which was nice! The breakfast was pretty good. They had oatmeal with a lot of toppings, a wonderful variety of hot tea, good coffee, eggs, waffles, and various cereals. This was our second time staying at this hotel and I was very pleased! We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anglyn1
Jamie T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

We are so glad to hear you had such a nice stay here! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is conveniently located near Concord Mills Mall, Charlotte Motor Speedway, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte and Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. The front desk staff is polite and friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DaemonW

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We hope you will come again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We've stayed at 3 other hotels in the Charlotte University area and this was the worst. We tend to prefer Marriott properties but this was not our type of Marriott property! The room was ok - clean at least. The front desk staff was polite and friendly. The breakfast was terrible, the noise from the parking lot and halls was awful! Absolutely nothing in walking distance. I doubt we would ever stay at this line of Marriott hotel partners again after this stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cin1way

I am so sorry that our hotel did not meet your needs. Unfortunately, the Macaroni Grill is the only restaurant within walking distance but it is a great restaurant. Thank you for giving us a try and for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our second time staying at the hotel and it was not a disappointment. Very up-to-date, extremely clean, quiet and comfortable. Got a great night's sleep, enjoyed the sparkling pool and hot tub and a wonderful breakfast each morning. Close to UNCC and everything you need in Charlotte.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was very quiet during a busy graduation weekend.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank goingforadrive

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I traveled to your hotel this weekend to attend a conference. I stayed on an Associate Rate. My meeting ran over and realized that I had to stayed another night and ask the front desk personnel to extend my rate. I was told that I could not and that the person who booked it the first time would have to book it again. I didnt quite understand so I contacted the person who booked the room around 8:30am or 9:00am that morning to inquiry about the situation and in return she contacted the front desk to find out more information because she stated the marriott systems were down and was concerned about how that would effect verification of another night. This young lady was already very loud and nasty when I first spoke to her and apparently continued to be rude. When asked about the situation she raised her voice and acted as though she didnt feel like explaining anything. That is when my relative became upset. Employees feel that when guest are staying at an associate price it gives them the right to speak to you or treat you in a very negative manner. This young lady hung up in my relative's face and then when called back was asked for her general manager name and advised her her General Manager would be contacted. No matter how the customer acts you are always suppose to keep your professionalism no matter what the rate is. She apologize to me and extended my stay but it just baffles me that she express behavior like that and hung up like that. I really hope they dont train their customer service representatives like that because nothing justifies behavior like that. Because she did apologize we decided not to contact her General Manager but in return I do think that people should be aware of the customer service that was experienced in hopes that it will not happen again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ed H
Jamie T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. If you would like to discuss this any further, please don't hesitate to call me directly at (704) 503-4800.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have stayed here several times over the years and keep coming back. We were here April 11-13 and were well satisfied with our visit. The hotel is close to several restaurants and shopping plus 10 minutes from Lowe's Motor Speedway and Zmax Dragway. The room was very clean as well as the hotel . I was going to note the free breakfast didn't have fresh fruit but I realized it was gone Saturday morning but full of oranges on Sunday morning. The breakfast area was full but the staff kept it clean and kept stocking food and supplies. The waffles were a hot item but the eggs and Canadian bacon were a hit Saturday and then sausage and eggs Sunday morning. We didn't use the indoor pool or spa but there were people there every time I went through to the elevator. No complaints here - we will be back here in a few months.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iamsusied

Thanks so much for your nice comments! We look forward to having you stay with us again and truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've stayed at this location several times and typically have a great experience. This time though I did not have any hot water for my morning shower. The front desk did apologize and added points to my Marriott rewards for the inconvenience, but a cold shower is not acceptable. The breakfast is good and hot and decent selection for being free. The room was nice and comfortable, though hot water would have been a plus.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David H
Jamie T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the lack of hot water during your stay but did want to let you know that we are currently in the process of replacing a boiler tank. Please give us another try and hopefully we will exceed your expectations next time!