TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood
US$163
US$137
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$116
Priceline
  • Room Service
US$171
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbedroom suiteyogurttypical continental breakfast faremarriott chain hotelsturkey baconclimate controlroom was cleantv receptionmarriott golda small kitchen areafull kitchenhard boiled eggsjack in the boxthe sofa bedquiet locationdesk staffbreakfast bar
Reviewed 13 March 2007

I chose this hotel so my one-year-old could have his own room and it was definitely worth it. He could go to bed when he was tired and the rest of us could stay up without disturbing the Little One. It was great being able to watch TV while sitting on a sofa instead of on the bed like at most hotels. The quiet location was easy to access from the freeway, but you had to drive to get to a restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 19 September 2006

Room quality is pretty good (not disappointing, but not the best for TownePlace Suites). But... price is great. There's a catch, though. Because the price is right, this property attracts people who are... more budget minded. I travel extensively, and when you stay in a lot of hotels you develop a quick read on things. Check in was warm and friendly, but when I started toting my bags to my room up on the high floor, I passed by rooms on the ground floor. Yelling, screaming and offensive cursing was permeating the hallways through 'soundproof' room doors. It sounded like mostly women yelling at their boyfriends or husbands. Really awful. Uh-oh, I thought, wondering if these were displaced Katrina victims. Hmmm, it was kinda creepy. But when I got to my floor it was quiet as a pin all night. It bothered me though, because I kept wondering who was going to check into the room next to me. My experience was fine. However, since I had a 10 day visit ahead of me I didn't want to take the risk. I checked out the following morning, and relocated to a nearby Marriott property for the rest of the week. It cost about $30/40 more per night, but I felt better. If not for that yelling I would have stayed and loved it. Nearby is a Bob Evans, Ruby Tuesdays, and some fast food.

Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank SeekWa
Reviewed 26 September 2005

I have been very happy with all Marriott properties until this one. Was it just a bad night? I don't know, but there were plenty of areas within the hotels control that were not acceptable the worst being dirty sheets and pillowcases on our bed! (I mean dirty...hair, smudges,etc.) They did replace our sheets (well, we went down to office, got sheets and remade the bed ourselves...but I was ready to sleep in car if they could not give us clean sheets!) but they also seemed way understaffed...check-in was very slow (20 minute wait) as there was only one staff member working the hotel (that's why went down to pick up clean sheets oursleves, too!). When we finally turned out the lights all we heard were people going up and down the stairs--turns out our bedroom is on the same wall as the stairway (note there are no elevators) and people went up and down for over an hour after we were in bed (this was after midnight!). The hotel planners/builders really need to lay out the room better and/or use soundproofing materials in these areas. We will definiely not stay at this hotel again and I am wary of ever staying in another TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank tourandtravel
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta
Reviewed 17 July 2005

My wife and I statyed at this hotel for one night while dropping off a relative at the Charlotte airport at a rate of $55/night. This hotel was just "ok". You're getting what you pay for.

The furnishings need upgrading. It seemed more like a motel versus a hotel of a Marriott brand. I felt like I was at an Extended Stay. I would personally prefer to stay a different area than where this hotel is located. The parking lot is completely full at night with questionable neighbors.

The night we were there, there were dozens and dozens of teenagers socializing in the parking lot from a nearby community. We are heading back to Charlotte again in September to the airport and probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

The service was fine and pleasant, but this hotel is going to quickly become a victim of lower quality if the environment - grounds, night time teenagers, continental breakfast selections, and congested parking lot aren't addressed.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2005

An excellent experience. We stayed here over Easter weekend in a two-bedroom suite. The room was large enough for our three children, although the living room/kitchen area was small and would have been a tight fit if we'd been doing any real cooking.

The pillows were terrible in the room, but otherwise, everything in the room was fine. There is quite a bit of noise from the stairwell in the living room due to the , so I would suggest getting a two-bedroom on the upper floors if you are going to have someone sleeping on the sofa bed.

We had maid service daily and they ran the dishwasher for us, changed the towels, made up the beds and even folded up the blankets from the sofa bed for us. On check in, the staff even showed us where we could find extra towels and things so we didn't have to ask.

We will definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in the Charlotte area again.

• Stayed: March 2005