“Will work as a last resort for one night only.”

TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood
Ranked #108 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Wake Forest, NC
“Will work as a last resort for one night only.”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Front desk friendly. Keys work intermittently. Bed very uncomfortable. They failed to take old towels when cleaning the room and left the toilet tissue dispenser empty with no spare roll. They have a pool, but it is very small. The included breakfast is very limited.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
ssocias, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and notify us of the issues you encountered during your stay. Please be assured this is not our normal level of service. Our goal is to provide our guests with positive experiences that they will remember and to establish an ongoing relationship to be your preferred hotel in the Charlotte area.

While we realize an apology does not assuage a situation after it has occurred we would sincerely like to apologize and let you know you are a very valued customer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed here for 90+ days for business and couldn't wait to get out. I chose this hotel because of the location and price and was reminded each and every night that you get what you pay for. I had a 2-bedroom that was very dated. The kitchen was an absolute joke - tiny microwave that just about fit a frozen dinner, a stove that did not appear to be in working condition (I never used it) and an economy refrigerator. The living room and bedroom furniture, including the bed, were very old and had seen much better days. However, those were the BEST parts of the hotel...

The worst parts were the safety, security, and staff. The hotel is not in the best location of town, and as a single traveler, I was incredibly disappointed when I watched the front desk staff leave the desk unattended multiple times to walk across the street and smoke. Chances are nothing would happen while the front desk was unattended, but one evening there was someone that appeared out of place that was hanging around the elevator. I felt nervous about getting in the elevator and at the last minute my instincts took over and I got out. This man got out too and walked off hotel property. Maybe it was nothing, but maybe others have noticed that there is basically no security at the front desk.

In another event at this hotel, my smoke alarm went off at 2AM. I called the front desk and the person told me, and I quote, "I have no idea what to do". That makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. I had to wait for it to go off and then I was told that it would probably not come on again. Wrong. I called the front desk back again and received no answer. Called again and no answer. What kind of staff leaves the front desk when they know a guest's smoke alarm is going off? I had to get dressed and walk to the front desk and could not find this staff person anywhere. Finally they appeared and re-assigned me a room. I got no apology and complained to management the next day and was still offered no apology. Upon leaving the hotel, I complained to Marriott and the hotel management sent me an email offering me a free night at the same hotel - thanks but no thanks. I would never stay here again nor recommend anyone else staying here.

This hotel is certainly not anywhere close to Marriott standards. The price is right, but for a good reason. I would recommend finding another hotel in a better location, with better service and better standards.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
ssocias, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 28 August 2011
Dear Guest,

I recently received your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of the staff, myself, and the TownePlace Suites by Marriott brand, I would like you to know that we regret any inconvenience you experienced. Please be assured that we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that similar situations do not occur in the future.
We value your business and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in the near future. Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and allowing us to address your concerns. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Samuel I Socias
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2010

We booked in for a weekend stay and for the price this is a great hotel. The rooms are clean and well equipped but it is the great friendly staff that, as always, makes a difference in any hotel.
From the front desk staff to the chambermaids to the breakfast staff nothing was too much trouble for them when I asked for specific things. It never felt like I was inconveniencing anyone at any point....exactly how it should be.

Well done TownePlace Suites...you will get my custom again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
ssocias, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood We value our guest’s experience and feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Charlotte, NC on your next trip.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We reserved the 2 bedroom suite and it did not meet our expectations. There were roaches everywhere, the beds, the coach, the kitchen. Absolutely, one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed out. The best part was that the young woman working the front desk gave us our money back. We were also told that the hotel was a franchise and that the owner was too cheap to maintain the property.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
ssocias, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
Dear Guest

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed.
Cleanliness is one of our crucial focus points in our service culture and we regret that it fell short of your expectations. This feedback has been channeled to the relevant team for improvements.
In any possible way, we are to surely remedy what needs to. We hope that you will allow us the occasion to restore your experience at your next visit.
Thank you once again for highlighting the matter to us for our action.

Regards,

Samuel I Socias
Ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We chose this hotel because of the location and we were able to stay here free with our Marriott Rewards, but the current rate was $79 a night. The outside of the hotel and the office was somewhat deceiving. Pulling in it looked nice and the hotel office was very clean and trendy. Service was great and staff was friendly. We were put into the building across from the main part of the hotel. The front entrances to our building were dirty and had trash piled up around the garbage cans. The entrance doors were worn and needed painted. The doors required your room key to unlock them which worked intermittently. The hallway carpets were worn and smelled musty. We heard dogs barking as we walked down the hallway so we assumed the place would have a pet smell. Our room was nice although not as large as a Residence Inn. In general the room was clean but the sheets on the roll away bed had some stains on them. The office desk was spacious and the free wireless internet was fast and easily accessible. My general feeling of the room and the hotel was like they had painted the place, put new carpet down and added trim and put the Marriott name on it but the true quality was not really there. Across the street I could have stayed at a Hyatt Place for $84 a night. If this room wasn't free for us the Hyatt Place would have been are first choice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 14 February 2010

To be as succinct as possible...the "clean" room was dirty, with yellow pillowcases, moldy shower stall, and an stench of smoke. The staff was inexperienced, unknowledgeable, and uncaring. I would avoid this hotel at ALL costs.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Missouri
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I found all the staff bending over backwards to please. They were dedicated, alert and looking for ways to be helpful and ways to please guests!

Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends