“Paper-THIN Walls”

TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood
Ranked #108 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed in a studio. The room was clean and I love Marriott beds.

The main downside of this hotel is the thin walls. This was our second stay here in 3 months. We tried a higher floor hoping there would be less people noise. Wrong - either people are much less considerate with the volume of their voices or this hotel has paper thin walls. I'm betting on the thin walls.

We were up until 1am with the teenagers/young adults next door talking and laughing. Then at 2am the bed in the room over us squeeked for 15-20 minutes. Who knew Marriott beds squeeked?

Bring your ear-plugs!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Recently had a 6 week stay here in between house closings - 2 adults, 2 suitcases and 2 cats in a 2 bedroom suite. Location was central, amenities fit the bill and the staff could not have been more professional and responsive. The suite was spacious and well decorated, great value on a budget. Great team, really represents Marriott quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed at Towne Place for 3 nights. I believe the hotel was 100 percent full during our stay, but it still seemed quiet (although having loud white noise playing probably helped). Having a separate bedroom was really nice for us since we have two small children. Our 3 year old slept on the pullout couch. It was fine for her but extremely uncomfortable for me when I had to lie down with her. The hotel seems older, and it needs some updating. For example, beds and linens need updating...that was probably my biggest complaint. A lot of things can be overlooked if a bed is comfortable. :) The free breakfast included waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, some fruit and cereals, and some breads. It wasn't fancy, but completely adequate. Staff was friendly and helpful, although we didn't have too much interaction with them. Overall, this was a decent place to stay, but would be better with updated beds, linens, and towels.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Property was conveniently located to I-77 and South Blvd in Charlotte. Room was clean, staff friendly. Would have rated a 5, but the noise level from adjacent rooms was loud... very thin walls! But I will definitely consider staying here again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

On our yearly north from Florida we stay in the Charlotte area, and our first choice in Lake Norman was booked, so we stayed at TownePlace Suites. Away from the bustle in a residential area, the hotel was up to Marriott standards, though the kitchen cabinets showed a little wear. The Rooms were spotless, carpet looked new, comfortable beds, cloaked in white duvets with multiple pillows, good TV reception and parking options. Although we did not stay for breakfast (prefer to be on the road at 5 AM) we had a take-out meal for dinner from a nearby grocery store that featured latino cooking. We would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Having 2 bedrooms and a kitchen was exactly what I needed traveling with my 10 month old. The breakfast wasn't too good-the bananas were bruised everyday, and on our last night there a large, loud group was parting in the lot below our suite. The staff however was very nice the whole time and they did tell the group to quiet down ( which they didn't ) Overall it was what I was looking for at a great price!

Room Tip: Top floor 2 bedroom suite
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed here for a few days after getting back from St Kitts. My father in law made the reservation. He had requested connecting rooms but when we got in they said there were none available. My wife and I and kids stayed in room across hallway - bottom floor.

My complaints about this room - it was very noisey - not sure if noise was from water pipes from people above us taking showers or what. I just know this would happen at all hours. Other complaints - this room can sleep up to 4. 2 in queen size bed and 2 kids in pull out sofa - so why are we only given 2 towels and washcloths. Each of the 3 days we needed to ask the front desk for more towels.

Did not try the free breakfast - my wife said she could see through the coffee. So we ate out.

Then one morning 2 guys checking our around 5am walking down the corridor - one phone rang loudly and he proceeded to answer while chatting with his buddy. Show some courtesy please.

Front desk when I had asked for towels were very nice. I forgot manager's name - looked east indian. Anyway, he was nice as well as the blonde girl that was in an office behind the front desk. They were very helpful. I would probably stay here again if I had a room on the top floor

Room Tip: Ask for top floor and avoid any noises aboce you. also make sure front desk knows how many towels yo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family