“Not the best”

TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood
Ranked #103 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here when we went on a college tour, price was very good for a 2 bedroom suite. Although it was clean it needs to be updated. The kitchen and furniture was worn out, the windows would not stay open.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ChadLogan, Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

I apologize that your experience with our property was not up to your expectations . We strive to provide the type of service and product consistent with the Marriott standards and feedback such as yours will help us to improve in that regard. Should you decide to return, please contact me directly as I would love to personally handle your reservation arrangements.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here overnight on our way to Hilton Head for Spring Break. We used our Marriott Rewards, so the cost was free. :)

The staff is extremely friendly and check in and out was a breeze. Our room was very clean, with one queen bed and sleeper sofa, full kitchen and nice desk area, with a full bathroom (we were in the second building, away from the lobby). As for the reviews about thin walls, this is true. However, we were very lucky that we did not have noisy neighbors and were able to sleep comfortably during the night.

The breakfast offers many choices, but the eating area is way too small, especially for a Saturday morning. We may consider staying here in the future....overall though, it was a nice stay.

1  Thank jessyleigh
Reviewed 4 March 2014

During the last week of April, a close family member passed away unexpectedly, with the funeral taking place on March 1st. To help my family while they made arrangements, I took it upon myself to locate rooms in/around where the service was to take place. The entire city of Charlotte was almost sold out and room rates were sky high thanks to a major basketball tournament. I was nearly at my wits end until TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood was the only hotel who was willing to help my family.
Chad, the General Manager along with Danielle their sales manager were able to work out a rate that my aunts/uncles could afford despite the hotel itself being close to a sell out. They completely understood the grief along with the frustration of not having a place to sleep in the city.
While checking in on Saturday after the funeral, Chad made himself available to personally greet my family and offer his condolences for our loss. I can't think of any hotel in the Charlotte area that would have gone to such efforts to put a grieving family in front of extra profits... much less take the time to ensure their comfort.

Thank you TownePlace Suites Arrowood!!

Room Tip: Very family friendly hotel
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My experience here was a mixed bag. This is a well located property off of I-77 in the south part of Charlotte. They do accept dogs for a $75 deposit which is the going pet deposit rate in the area. Since I was traveling at Christmas on my way up north, this was a bonus. More than enough grassy area to walk her as well. A Starbucks is right across the street, a great diner is within walking distance and Ruby Tuesday is a 2 minute drive on the other side of the interstate. The front desk clerk was friendly with the long term residents in the lobby and was eager to get back to her conversation with them while she was checking me in. That's ok. I got my room key and that's all that matters.

The room was super clean and the bed was what I expect from a Marriott property. However, and this is a big deal for me... the walls are just paper thin. I could hear everything my neighbor said on his cell phone and I could hear him snoring. This is just a huge problem. Luckily, I've learned to carry the foam earplugs and that took care of that problem... I would stay here again if I had my dog with me but will stay at the adjacent Courtyard for all other business travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Glassgal
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on business. These rooms offer a full kitchen! Refrigerator, microwave, oven, sink, and dishwasher. Plenty of space in the room for two people and we cooked which cut down on cost. Staff is very friendly and helpful at any time of day or night. Only think I wasn't pleased about is being they allow pets, we found a few animal hairs I. Our sheets. Kitchen floor hand some crumbs on the corner which they addressed with housekeeping right away. I would suggest staying on the top floor because the walls and floors are thin. We could here every step our neighbors took when they first arrived. However it wasn't a problem that continued. They have a nice continental breakfast every morning which is a big plus. This hotel is run by a family I believe. They are exceptionally helpfully. I would stay again. Great bang for your buck!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I recently stayed at Towne Place Suites Marriott-Charlotte Arrowood for business. My stay was 11 nights. I always have very high expectations at a Marriott and have never been disappointed in the past. This most recent stay was a disgrace. I arrived at the hotel about 5:15pm on Jan 6th after being awake since 4am, traveling to Charlotte from Philadelphia, working a 9 hour day and then checking in. I was pleased with the room except for the temperature. It was very warm in the room so I simply turned down the heat. I headed out for dinner with my other business associates around 6:30pm. When I returned around midnight I was unable to get into the room. The door opened but somehow the latch locked itself from the inside. I went to the front desk for assistance. The person behind the desk tried to assist me but was also not able to open the door. She the accused me several times of slamming the door too hard when I went out for dinner. This is unacceptable. In addition, the doors do not slam. The door is hard to even pull shut. Then I was told I would have to wait until 8am for maintenance to arrive to get the door open. Again, this is unacceptable. I explained that I had all of work material in the room, had been up since 4am and had no clean clothes. She said I would still have to wait. I am not sure how any person in their right mind would think this is okay. She offered me another room to stay in for the night. I don’t understand how this would help since I was in a skirt and pantyhose with no toothbrush, brush or anything else. But she let me lie down in a 2 bedroom suite. After about an hour I called down to the front desk and she said the maintenance man had arrived. I went downstairs and stood until they finally pried the door open. At this time it was 2:30am. And I had to be back to work at 8am. I ask if I can keep the 2 bedroom suite for all of the trouble and was told she would get in touch with her manager and let me know. I never heard back. In fact, when she saw me coming anywhere near the lobby she wouldn’t look at me and would disappear. I didn’t press the matter since I was already unpacked. Also the room was so hot I got a bloody nose from the heat. This is ever after turning the heat completely off when it was 28 degrees outside. To get the temperature reasonable I had to turn the air condition on to 64 degrees. And about night 3 it sounded like there was a heard of wild animals in the room above me. And this continued all week. Another one of my business associates complained about this and was told there was a family staying up there. This again isn’t acceptable for Marriott. My final complete is the entire checkout. I was given a receipt which I have to turn in to my company for credit card reimbursement. It only had half of the time on it. When I got home I had to call and have a receipt emailed to me. Orlando was very pleasant and assured me I would have the email when I got to work the next day. Of course I didn’t. So I had to call again. I got another person who was there the night before when I spoke with Orlando. She said they had system issues and he couldn’t send it. She tells me she will send it. I ask to hold while she does so I do not have to call back a third time. She tells me she is unable to concentrate because the hold will continue to beep on her end. I was then told they checked me out and back in to keep a rate. No one told me this. They deal with business people all day every day. I am not sure why it was so hard to give a correct receipt. And then even harder to get it emailed to me after it was incorrect the first time. And now it’s missing a day. I was told someone will call back about it. I have not heard back from anyone and don’t expect I will. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed and I have stayed at places that are far lower class than a Marriott. I will report back to my company and let them know of this experience and suggest booking elsewhere. I gave 2 stars simply due to the room and free breakfast. Everything else gets a 1.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank snacks30
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is easy to access from I77. Room was spacious. Would have preferred a King bed vice Queen. There was a small kitchen area. Breakfast was fine. The desk staff were very pleasant...thanking me for being Marriott Rewards member.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family