“Staff was wonderful”

Ranked #104 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Staff was wonderful”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

There are only three things that kept me from making this an excellent rating. 1. I like a soft a bed but these beds were so soft it actually hurt your back. When you for first laid on it, the bed felt like a giant pillow. 2. The pull out bed was the worst we have ever had at a hotel. The only padding between you and the springs of the mattress was the mattress cover and the bottom sheet. 3. We stayed on the second of three floors, the first night sleep was not good since the people in the room above us walked (stomped) back and forth all night long. The second night there was someone in the room next to us, the walls are so thin we could have had a conversation with each other if we spoke loudly (as if you were at a bar or night club.)
The cleaning staff was impressive, it was as if I actually cleaned the room myself. the front desk staff was also very helpful and very personable. We were in town for a youth bowling tournament, and the desk staff inquired how the tournament was going whenever we saw them. The grounds were neat as a pin. Besides the three negatives you could not finder a better place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Becky M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is an oasis of quiet in the midst of a busy urban area. It sits on the side of a hill, about two hundred yards from Arrowood Road. I highly recommend it. The only problem we noticed is that it appears the breakfast offerings have been pared down.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Love the great customer service and meeting my needs. This place has every thing a person could ask for. Even though I booked a two bedroom, my plans changed and they did everything they could to accommodate me in my stay. Wish I could used all the amenities that were available to me during my stay.

Stayed April 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff was extremely welcoming to me and my 4-legged child. The room was very clean and perfect for my 3 day stay and conveniently located right off of the interstate (10-15 min drive away from downtown). They have a nice green area for the dog to take a walk and romp around. The room was also very quiet with a fully equipped kitchen for cooking, reheating food. Price was perfect for my budget and the ability to bring my pooch with me is a plus. They have designated rooms for pets and placards for the door so your kiddo is not disturbed. But you could not tell a pet has previously stayed there because I have encountered this with other hotels (not Marriott).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here when we went on a college tour, price was very good for a 2 bedroom suite. Although it was clean it needs to be updated. The kitchen and furniture was worn out, the windows would not stay open.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ChadLogan, Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
I apologize that your experience with our property was not up to your expectations . We strive to provide the type of service and product consistent with the Marriott standards and feedback such as yours will help us to improve in that regard. Should you decide to return, please contact me directly as I would love to personally handle your reservation arrangements.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here overnight on our way to Hilton Head for Spring Break. We used our Marriott Rewards, so the cost was free. :)

The staff is extremely friendly and check in and out was a breeze. Our room was very clean, with one queen bed and sleeper sofa, full kitchen and nice desk area, with a full bathroom (we were in the second building, away from the lobby). As for the reviews about thin walls, this is true. However, we were very lucky that we did not have noisy neighbors and were able to sleep comfortably during the night.

The breakfast offers many choices, but the eating area is way too small, especially for a Saturday morning. We may consider staying here in the future....overall though, it was a nice stay.

1 Thank jessyleigh
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 March 2014

During the last week of April, a close family member passed away unexpectedly, with the funeral taking place on March 1st. To help my family while they made arrangements, I took it upon myself to locate rooms in/around where the service was to take place. The entire city of Charlotte was almost sold out and room rates were sky high thanks to a major basketball tournament. I was nearly at my wits end until TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood was the only hotel who was willing to help my family.
Chad, the General Manager along with Danielle their sales manager were able to work out a rate that my aunts/uncles could afford despite the hotel itself being close to a sell out. They completely understood the grief along with the frustration of not having a place to sleep in the city.
While checking in on Saturday after the funeral, Chad made himself available to personally greet my family and offer his condolences for our loss. I can't think of any hotel in the Charlotte area that would have gone to such efforts to put a grieving family in front of extra profits... much less take the time to ensure their comfort.

Thank you TownePlace Suites Arrowood!!

Room Tip: Very family friendly hotel