TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park
Ranked #108 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I arrived late and hungry one night and wanted some fresh fruit desperately so the gentleman at the front desk opened up the breakfast area to give me a few oranges. It was so thoughtful and appreciated. The room was huge and clean. The location was so convenient to UNC Charlotte as I was there for graduation and there was a restaurant right next door. Stores were just a short drive. The price was more than fair.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I chose this place because it was close to where I needed to be. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The service was awesome, the place was very clean, and was convenient. There is a restaurant next store and is close to several others. I will not being using the kitchen but it was nice, clean and had everything you would need.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Rooms are good & spacious and it has ample parking space with proper Kitchenette BUT , the bigger but is the place it is situated doesn't have any public transport & a person is handicap if doesn't have there own transport ( Car)

Room Tip: Rooms are good & spacious and it has ample parking space with proper Kitchenette BUT , the bigge...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
jason u, Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. Our area of Charlotte is currently constructing a light rail which should help greatly with our public transportation options. We are looking forward to having that as an option for our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you in the future. Thank you again.

Jason Urschel
TownePlace Suites Charlotte University
(704) 548 - 0388

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a guest of a major bank. I found the corporate rate unbelievable reasonable. The room was clean and spacious with a little kitchenette and workspace. Free wireless made staying connected a breeze. Free breakfast and happy hour with beer, wine, snacks and sandwiches. Nikki, who checked me in, was exceptionally wonderful, warm and helpful. On one hand this is a non fancy, no frills place, yet it is also a hidden gem that seems to get everything right. Two thumbs up fr me.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The location to this hotel is just off the highway, right behind the Macaroni Grill. The hotel itself is not bad, getting a little rough around the edges in regards to wall paper peeling and need for paint, but other than that not bad at all. Rooms are fairly quiet. Parking is ok, but when the hotel is crowded will leave much to be desired as there do not appear to be enough spaces for a one to one ratio of parking spaces to room. Staff is not bad, very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
jason u, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we rely heavily on our guests comments in order to improve. I have used your comments to better instill in my staff the importance of a well maintained and fresh property. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Jason Urschel

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great, customer service! When we checked in they upgraded us to a two bedroom suite since we had two couples so someone wouldn't have to sleep on the pull out! Rooms were clean and staff very friendly! Convenient location off the highway and ten minutes to downtown.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

For very few points (Marriott Rewards) we got a great room with a separate kitchenette area, nice sofa, and the usual bed and bath. Clean and comfortable, good wifi. Young man who checked us in was as nice as could be. The breakfast area is small, but I think most people, especially those who stay in the main building, could take the food back to their rooms to eat. We were staying in the other building so we ate in the breakfast room.

My only concern, I did not see any elevators in the building we stayed in, which was 3 story. Luckily we had a first floor room, my spouse could not have made it up one or two flight of stairs. Maybe there was an elevator but I did not see one.

Room Tip: ask if you need a room that is not up a flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple